Ashley Lelie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jrhampton
    Yes Rod did take two years but he was an undrafted free agent from a really small school.

ashley came from a Name school, that ran a PRO style offense under EX NFL head coach J June.

Was the 2nd best WR in the draft, a top 20 pick, had a full year to learn the offense without a lot of pressure working with Rod and Eddie.

The difference between the two players is enormous. You should not even be able to utter the two names in the same paragraph.

BTW that was probably a Frueduan slip when you said "Lelie is sold in the #2 spot."
    UH is big name school? The UH is in the WAC. While the Run and Shoot has been run in the NFL I would call it a legit pro offense. How many pro teams run it now? None. It take time to develope players including those taken below the top ten in the draft.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Too early to tell

i think that they should use him in the slot so that we can get him on safteys and let him out run them. However it is only pre season and the whole offense has looked terrible, lets not give up him yet.

Comment

The way I hear it he caught the two passes that were thrown his way against the Seahawks.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
          The way I hear it he caught the two passes that were thrown his way against the Seahawks.
          Yes but TX, he disappears during the game. Who is the first read, second read in the offense? I would bet it is Ashley on the second, and yet Watts gets the ball thrown to him, why???

Ashley is not open or Plummer has lost confidence, and he figures Watts is going to catch the ball.

In the two minute drill it was Watts getting the ball. Ashley was in at that time. Why did the ball only go to him twice?

Those are questions that need to be answered.
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

break away plays

If Rod Smith is doubled teamed we can have Ash go deep on teams.He has the speed and will make the play without getting nervous and fumbling.Go to him at times and test the secondary of teams who want to blitz.We have a good offensive line so let's show it in practice so coach mike can plan for a west coast offense that will get us points down the stretch in games if we need scoring in a hurry.Lelie will be a threat on every play if he is lined up wide.Mike/Greeley

Comment

damn man...leloe will be fine........he's still hella young i see a great season for him
              Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

if watts is getting better each game and plummer even said he like to throw to this guy, you have to keep him in. Plus i think Watts is only #2 on the marshall on record lists behind one other reciever. That reciever is Randy Moss. Give Watts a chance.

Comment

Re: Re: Lelie

I'll bite who is edward Reed?
                  And look how he turned out. Is that 1 or 2 pro-bowls? And there's another Lelei comin up in 05-Fred Gibson

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Lelie

Originally posted by db32
                    And look how he turned out. Is that 1 or 2 pro-bowls? And there's another Lelei comin up in 05-Fred Gibson
                    If that is the case we should stay as far away from him as we can!

Comment

LELIE IS FINE!
                      [iMG]

Comment

Originally posted by GriffinRB22
                        LELIE IS FINE!

I hope that this is true, but I fear that assshley is the next NASH. Maybe he should change his name to Nashley!

He has yet to demonstrate the ablity to get off the LOS, and hang on to a catch.

Comment

I hope that this is true, but I fear that ashley is the next NASH. Maybe he should change his name to ashley!

He has yet to demonstrate the ablity to get off the LOS, and hang on to a catch.

Tonight that sure wasn't the case. 4 receptions for 88 yards. Not bad imho.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                            Tonight that sure wasn't the case. 4 receptions for 88 yards. Not bad imho.
                            I think they have moved him to a slot posistion or put him in motion where the DB can't get a clean shot at him at the LOS. Was so anixous during the game did not have a chance to see who was lining up where. Surprised he hung on to the ball going across the middle.

Maybe he has turned the corner so to speak. Would like to see it, we need the talent he has to be used on the field. Want only for him to shine as he is a big piece in the road to the SB.

The jury is still out, until he does this consistently. He need to get 6-8 catches a game and average about 90 yards a game to get him to the star level he should be at.

Comment

I think they have moved him to a slot posistion or put him in motion where the DB can't get a clean shot at him at the LOS. Was so anixous during the game did not have a chance to see who was lining up where. Surprised he hung on to the ball going across the middle.

Maybe he has turned the corner so to speak. Would like to see it, we need the talent he has to be used on the field. Want only for him to shine as he is a big piece in the road to the SB.

The jury is still out, until he does this consistently. He need to get 6-8 catches a game and average about 90 yards a game to get him to the star level he should be at.
                              I wasn't surprised that he hung on to the ball and on that long pass he may have been in motion and I think he was in the slot at least once. Now that fact is every time that Jake threw him the ball he caught it. I'm not proclaiming a start but last nights preformance is a very good start.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I hope everyone saw the improvement on Ashley Lelie Sunday night. The long catch he made which was also a great throw by Jake and the ball that was slightly behind him were two outstanding catches. I'm so proud of how he did. Now the big thing is can he be CONSISTENT. Jacksonville's secondary isn't that great so he'll definitely have the chances. Let's just hope we see the same results.
                                I LOVE THE DENVER BRONCOS MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD

Comment

Working...
                                X