Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jrhampton
    replied
    First time I can think of that he did not drop it when he hit the ground. When he has a sizeable lead on someone and is not afraid of getting hit I think he is ok. In traffic the jury is still out.

Sure hope this clown makes it big as it would make a really big difference in the standings. With him, Rod, Putizer, Watts and NAte it could be great not even talking about the super weapon CHAMP.

Couple this with really great runner in Q and Bell with Jake pulling the strings, this could be a really scary offense. Rod, Nate and Putizer as possesion recievers and assshley and Watts the deep threats. The question becomes!

Who are ya gonna cover?

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Like rod said "He could always catch the long balls, but now he can catch the short ones".

Leave a comment:

• Stncld
    replied
    Well I think the questions have at least been partially answered. He finally went deep and made one heck of a catch to bail Plummer's monkey butt out against the Chief's after the lefthanded fiasco. He also made 3 or 4 other catch's during the game for a total of approx 85 yards. Not bad. If we get that kind of production on a weekly basis he will be in the Pro Bowl and we will be in the Superbowl.

Leave a comment:

• DB56
    replied
    I hope everyone saw the improvement on Ashley Lelie Sunday night. The long catch he made which was also a great throw by Jake and the ball that was slightly behind him were two outstanding catches. I'm so proud of how he did. Now the big thing is can he be CONSISTENT. Jacksonville's secondary isn't that great so he'll definitely have the chances. Let's just hope we see the same results.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Jrhampton
    I think they have moved him to a slot posistion or put him in motion where the DB can't get a clean shot at him at the LOS. Was so anixous during the game did not have a chance to see who was lining up where. Surprised he hung on to the ball going across the middle.

Maybe he has turned the corner so to speak. Would like to see it, we need the talent he has to be used on the field. Want only for him to shine as he is a big piece in the road to the SB.

The jury is still out, until he does this consistently. He need to get 6-8 catches a game and average about 90 yards a game to get him to the star level he should be at.
    I wasn't surprised that he hung on to the ball and on that long pass he may have been in motion and I think he was in the slot at least once. Now that fact is every time that Jake threw him the ball he caught it. I'm not proclaiming a start but last nights preformance is a very good start.

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Tonight that sure wasn't the case. 4 receptions for 88 yards. Not bad imho.
    I think they have moved him to a slot posistion or put him in motion where the DB can't get a clean shot at him at the LOS. Was so anixous during the game did not have a chance to see who was lining up where. Surprised he hung on to the ball going across the middle.

Maybe he has turned the corner so to speak. Would like to see it, we need the talent he has to be used on the field. Want only for him to shine as he is a big piece in the road to the SB.

The jury is still out, until he does this consistently. He need to get 6-8 catches a game and average about 90 yards a game to get him to the star level he should be at.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied

I hope that this is true, but I fear that ashley is the next NASH. Maybe he should change his name to ashley!

He has yet to demonstrate the ablity to get off the LOS, and hang on to a catch.

Tonight that sure wasn't the case. 4 receptions for 88 yards. Not bad imho.

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by GriffinRB22
    LELIE IS FINE!

I hope that this is true, but I fear that assshley is the next NASH. Maybe he should change his name to Nashley!

He has yet to demonstrate the ablity to get off the LOS, and hang on to a catch.

Leave a comment:

• GriffinRB22
    replied
    LELIE IS FINE!

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Lelie

Originally posted by db32
    And look how he turned out. Is that 1 or 2 pro-bowls? And there's another Lelei comin up in 05-Fred Gibson
    If that is the case we should stay as far away from him as we can!

Leave a comment:

• db32
    replied
    Re: Re: Lelie

I'll bite who is edward Reed?
    And look how he turned out. Is that 1 or 2 pro-bowls? And there's another Lelei comin up in 05-Fred Gibson

Leave a comment:

• mrtimbo
    replied
    if watts is getting better each game and plummer even said he like to throw to this guy, you have to keep him in. Plus i think Watts is only #2 on the marshall on record lists behind one other reciever. That reciever is Randy Moss. Give Watts a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Booher
    replied
    damn man...leloe will be fine........he's still hella young i see a great season for him

Leave a comment:

• Michael399
    replied
    break away plays

If Rod Smith is doubled teamed we can have Ash go deep on teams.He has the speed and will make the play without getting nervous and fumbling.Go to him at times and test the secondary of teams who want to blitz.We have a good offensive line so let's show it in practice so coach mike can plan for a west coast offense that will get us points down the stretch in games if we need scoring in a hurry.Lelie will be a threat on every play if he is lined up wide.Mike/Greeley

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    The way I hear it he caught the two passes that were thrown his way against the Seahawks.
    Yes but TX, he disappears during the game. Who is the first read, second read in the offense? I would bet it is Ashley on the second, and yet Watts gets the ball thrown to him, why???

Ashley is not open or Plummer has lost confidence, and he figures Watts is going to catch the ball.

In the two minute drill it was Watts getting the ball. Ashley was in at that time. Why did the ball only go to him twice?

Those are questions that need to be answered.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X