No announcement yet.

The biggest reason to worry tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pathetic almost to the point of embarrassing!

Just to give you an idea of how bad this is... here are the best opposing pass percentages from the last 5 years:

2007 Detroit 70.1
    2006 Detroit 66.3
    2005 Indy 67.4
    2004 Indy 65.4
    2003 Atlanta 63.6

Worse yet, I went all the way back to 1972 and didn't find a final regular season percentage higher than that... 1972!!! The years went on, but I didn't...
    Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
      You think we will put up 48?

That seems a little to much dont ya think?
      if kyle orton can do it.... i sure hope jay cutler can have that good of a game with a more impressive recieving corps
      he's due for a big game and where better than on mnf!!!!!!!!!!
      i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

Comment

Cassel might have the best game of his carreer tonight, but I hope not. Anyway, this game is of huge importance for the Broncos. Now is the time to win. If you take a look at our schedule, we have strong chances of losing the final 3 games of the regular season. So, to keep our playoff run we better win these following games against NE, MIA and CLE because we will have a hard time after week 14.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cutlers crew View Post
          if its a broncos blowout i might do some housework too!that would freak my wife out.....although i might be buzzed on frosty coors light at the time and would probably do a crappy job.....oh well we can dream!
          BRONCOS 48
          pats 17
          The one advantage to being a single dad? Even though I do ALL the housework? I do it at my own convenience and no worries about the proverbial nagging wife...lol. j/k

Comment

if kyle orton can do it.... i sure hope jay cutler can have that good of a game with a more impressive recieving corps
            I see him having a big game, but I think we could score in the 30s or so...

Really all Im looking for tonight is the W and to get a 2 game lead on the afc west.

Comment

The actual stats of being dead last in the NFL on Pass Defense should not be a surprise to anybody that has watched all of the games this year.
              There was only 1 game (New Orleans) that the Bronco "Defense" (so called anyway), showed up and actually might have been considered to have earned their paychecks.

I think the complete Defense should offer up 90% of their salary so far this year as a rebate for underperformance. Maybe that would incent them to start actually playing like an NFL unit instead of a collection of college dropouts.

Much of that is the lack of run defense starting with horrendous play from the two starting safeties, and less than average coverage from Bly.

I think ANY NFL team RIGHT NOW has a good chance to beat this Broncos team for this reason.

Let's face it; any NFL team has two "teams" an Offense and a Defense.

So far, we have only got one of those teams.
              Last edited by Road_Apples; 10-20-2008, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Coupled with allowing 5.1 yards per run. Not good
                Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

u know why opponent completion % is so high?.....They dont throw to champ

Comment

but it wasn't kyle orton's 2 td passes to put up 48; it was their Defense (without Vasher and Tillman) to cause 4 ints by Frerott.

ehh, I don't think our 'Orange Crush D' is back just yet.

I just hoping tonight Cutler is effecient and takes what he's given.
                    sigpic

Comment

if its a broncos blowout i might do some housework too!that would freak my wife out.....although i might be buzzed on frosty coors light at the time and would probably do a crappy job.....oh well we can dream!
                      BRONCOS 48
                      pats 17

My wife has already done the dishes, swept the floor and finished the laundry today so a blow out is NOT allowed.

But if this gets ugly fast, I'll have to skip the housework and go out and sweep the garage. :thumb:

At least I have frosty Coors to fall back on.

In ALL seriousness. I don't expect a blow out. But I DO expect to be out of fingernails by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

Let' Go Broncos!!!!!!
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                        Pathetic almost to the point of embarrassing!

Just to give you an idea of how bad this is... here are the best opposing pass percentages from the last 5 years:

2007 Detroit 70.1
                        2006 Detroit 66.3
                        2005 Indy 67.4
                        2004 Indy 65.4
                        2003 Atlanta 63.6

Worse yet, I went all the way back to 1972 and didn't find a final regular season percentage higher than that... 1972!!! The years went on, but I didn't...
                        Well. the good news is that you were seeing the END of SEASON results and we haven't even completed half a season yet.... so things could improve pretty drastically considering the low number of games played

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                          NFL rankings, defensive completion % allowed:

Code:
                          Rk	Team	Pct
                          1	Green Bay Packers	51.7
                          2	Baltimore Ravens	53.9
                          3	Washington Redskins	55.5
                          4	New Orleans Saints	55.6
                          5	Tampa Bay Buccaneers	56.8
                          6	Carolina Panthers	56.9
                          7	Philadelphia Eagles	57.1
                          8	San Francisco 49ers	58.9
                          9	Tennessee Titans	59.4
                          10	Buffalo Bills           59.9
                          11	Kansas City Chiefs	60.1
                          12	Chicago Bears       	60.3
                          13	New York Giants    	60.4
                          14	Oakland Raiders     	60.5
                          15	Atlanta Falcons     	60.8
                          15	Minnesota Vikings	60.8
                          17	Miami Dolphins       	61.9
                          18	Pittsburgh Steelers	62.0
                          19	St. Louis Rams       	62.4
                          20	Dallas Cowboys      	62.6
                          21	Cincinnati Bengals	63.2
                          22	Jacksonville Jaguars	63.8
                          23	New England Patriots	64.9
                          24	New York Jets       	65.4
                          25	Cleveland Browns	65.6
                          26	Houston Texans     	66.0
                          27	Arizona Cardinals	67.0
                          28	San Diego Chargers	67.3
                          29	Seattle Seahawks	67.7
                          30	Detroit Lions         	68.0
                          31	Indianapolis Colts	68.1
                          [B]32	Denver Broncos     	72.7[/B]

The Broncos can't let Cassel look like Brady tonight...
                          Ok, the difference between #1 and #32 is about 5 completed passes per 10 attempts versus 7, with most hovering around 6. At 4-2 it is a subject of concern, but not overly so IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X