Defense actually played very well tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense actually played very well tonight

Don't look at the 41 points by the Patriots.

We had 4 turnovers the 1st half. Denver D held them to two field goals, a punt, and would've ended a drive on 3rd and 15 if winborn hadn't grabbed the facemask.

We also produced 5 sacks in the 1st half.

Then we lost Champ and Boss; then lowry became the weak link. We do have hope if we can have a safety stuff the run.

its nice to look at the positives but eventhough we had many sacks that stat is not alien to new england this season. matt cassel has been taken down numerous times. we just need boss and champ to be back and find someone who actually wants to lay the wood in the secondary.

Comment

The past 3 weeks the defense didn't play to bad. But this game we got gashed by the running game. We couldn't tackle and as soon as Champ was gone we had no answer for Moss.

The 5 TO's didn't help and there were a BUNCH of bad calls by the refs but this was the worst Denver has played all season.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post

We had 4 turnovers the 1st half. Denver D held them to two field goals, a punt, and would've ended a drive on 3rd and 15 if winborn hadn't grabbed the facemask.

Then we lost Champ and Boss; then lowry became the weak link. We do have hope if we can have a safety stuff the run.
        Turn-overs killed us early! The D did there best tonight( They looked damn good early) but the O and TO's made the day, D faught real hard though! Why cant they both show up each sundy? Its either one or the other!
        sigpic

THANK YOU FOR THE SIG McSMASHIE
        !!!!

2009 ADOPTED BRONCO; ROBERT AYERS

Comment

Hahauhhahuahauhuahuahua
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MileHiNative4 View Post
            Turn-overs killed us early! The D did there best tonight( They looked damn good early) but the O and TO's made the day, D faught real hard though! Why cant they both show up each sundy? Its either one or the other!
            /Monday^.................
            sigpic

THANK YOU FOR THE SIG McSMASHIE
            !!!!

2009 ADOPTED BRONCO; ROBERT AYERS

Comment

They absolutely did not play well tonight. The biggest mistake is to mislead this young group of guys by thinking that 41 points is something to "disregard." The W is everything in this league, and you absolutely cannot judge a performance by anything else. I guarantee you will not hear any of the players speak well about their performance tonight.

Comment

Well, 2 of the 1st half turnovers meant nothing. The first INT was as good as the punt that would have followed the pass had it been incomplete. The 2nd INT/fumble/whatever that thing was likely cost them 3 points, 7 at the most. That's still a 31 or 27 point loss...

Comment

are u "f" ING crazy!?!?!?!?!?!? Players need to step up.......the team did not play well together at ALL!!!

Comment

I KNEW IT.. you are getlynched47!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Its nice you want to be positive dude but you must have been watching a different game than I was. They gave up 250 yards rushing to a backup RB. Cassells completes nearly 80% of his passes with 3 TD's and the Pats score 41 points after only averaging 17 coming in to the game.

Like i said, not sure what game you were watching.

Comment

they killed us in the short pass and run game face it our front 7 is weak then champ went down and we collapsed. would have liked to see our offense show up a lil better. were soppose to be what...3rd in the nfl on offense, or something like that score some damn points, and cutler run YOUR offensei think we'll handle the lost well and snap next week all in all broncs had a bad game.pactice trwice as hard this week.

GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                          I KNEW IT.. you are getlynched47!!!!!!!!!!
                          WHO the HELL is getlynched47?!?

I was watching the game, I am as frustrated as any bronco fan watching the Patriots run up the score on us.

I believe the defense came out and played well. Whenever Cutler throws an INT it will sure make the defense feel like their efforts go to waste.

We were sacking, Champ shut Moss down, and we put them in touch 3rd and long situations but Lowry couldn't stop painting Morris' toenails.

Jarvis moss is improving. Am i supposed to sit here and cry about teh bad things we DID do or try to have a positive outlook when i'm clearly noticing that the Defense IS actually improving?

Comment

how many rushing yards did the pats get? I forgot

Comment

Did you see our run D? 100 yards in one half by a backup RB? Actualy a 4rd string RB. I can imagine ronnie browns face now as he circles the game 2 weeks from now.

Comment

Working...
                              X