Defense actually played very well tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
    you've already lost the argument man...give it up. the fact that you're trying to prove to yourself and this thread that you think our D is terrible is worthless and a complete waste of time. What kind of fan are you?

I would be the "non-clueless" fan.

Comment

I miss John Lynch
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seanlust View Post
        You may be a really nice guy, but you are seriously the most clueless football fan I have ever come across. The fact that you can defend a unit that just gave up 250+ yards rushing is amazing.

I dont care about sacks. Everyone in the league has been sacking Cassells. But you know what everyone in the league HASNT been allowing Cassells to do? Complete 75% of his passes and throw for 3 TD's.
        Sorry stop right there, We fumbled the ball 2 times one was like 2 yards from the red zone had a drive go 4 plays and had to punt, yet our D held them to 6 points threw that stretch.

So what's our offense do , Go 3 and out. Sure our D might not be great, but they did just fine and didnt slip up tell mid 3rd quarter. Mostly because our offense COULDN'T SCORE A SINGLE POINT FOR 3 QUARTERS OF FOOTBALL. Hell they could barely sustain a drive. You need to rewatch the game.

ANY D will give up a lot when the offense makes 5 turnovers 3 3 and outs, 6 possessions that don't go for more then 20 yards and not a single point for 45 minutes of play.

So yes I'm giving the D a pass, If the offense could have made some plays the D would not have allowed anything resembling what they did.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

I've officially been a bronco fan since 1995. I made this thread, my claim was that the defense did very well in my opinion -tonight-. There was no reference that I am comparing this defense to any bronco defense from 1995-2007. The 2006 and 2007 defense gave me no hope. This defense gives me reasonable hope.

I loved the 1997 and 2005 defense the most. Watching Atwater and Lynch blow people up, Romanowski blow up two players and still make a great tackle, watching Al wilson fly to the ball and Champ picking off balls. I miss that. 2008 defense gives me reason to believe we can get back to that status, other than our safeties; your choice whether you want to believe it or not.

I'm just pointing out the good things I see. Does Lowry make me angry by missing so many tackles? hell yes. but that's besides teh point.
          My fav defense was the 77 orange crush. Now that was a defense.

The problem I have with your thread, is the "played very well" part of it.

To me, that would mean holding the other team to under 20 points, in spite of the turnovers.
          Perhaps, getting a few turnovers, to help out.

The most I would grudgingly say, is they played "OK".
          Personally, I think they were flat out bad.

If your judging the defense, on play comparing the defense to other games played this year, I can understand your point of view.

But for me, I'm judging this defense, on all years past. And so to me, this was a bad defensive game.

Comment

Our defense is the downfall of this years Broncos. It became quite obvious in week 1 when Russell had wide open dudes down field but he just simply missed them or they dropped the ball.

We have not been able to tackle, create pressure, or even create turnovers. 3 things you NEED to do to even have a chance in the game. The only reason our team has had a chance in the games is because of our above average offense. weeks 1-3 we were able to score at will. But when teams noticed just how bad our defense is they found the blue print to shalacking our offense. CREATE TURNOVERS AND PLAY AGGRESSIVE. The way they see it, our defense is gonna let the opposing offense put up just as many points as our offense does. So far it isn't far from the truth.

When you have a team the turns the ball over but creates no turnovers they are gonna suck and they are gonna suck bad.

Until our defense gets fixed, im talkin replace everyone but Champ and DJ, then we are gonna commit to poopyness for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
              Sorry stop right there, We fumbled the ball 2 times one was like 2 yards from the red zone had a drive go 4 plays and had to punt, yet our D held them to 6 points threw that stretch.

So what's our offense do , Go 3 and out. Sure our D might not be great, but they did just fine and didnt slip up tell mid 3rd quarter. Mostly because our offense COULDN'T SCORE A SINGLE POINT FOR 3 QUARTERS OF FOOTBALL. Hell they could barely sustain a drive. You need to rewatch the game.

ANY D will give up a lot when the offense makes 5 turnovers 3 3 and outs, 6 possessions that don't go for more then 20 yards and not a single point for 45 minutes of play.

So yes I'm giving the D a pass, If the offense could have made some plays the D would not have allowed anything resembling what they did.

You are giving the defense a pass? Do you think Shanny and the rest of the coaches are giving the defense a "pass"? I think not. And I am certainly not giving the offense a pass. They were just as bad as the D.

But how do you give up 250+ yards on the ground to a bunch of 2nd, 3rd and 4th string RB's? Tell me how?

Comment

Your dreaming

Don't look at the 41 points by the Patriots.

We had 4 turnovers the 1st half. Denver D held them to two field goals, a punt, and would've ended a drive on 3rd and 15 if winborn hadn't grabbed the facemask.

We also produced 5 sacks in the 1st half.

Then we lost Champ and Boss; then lowry became the weak link. We do have hope if we can have a safety stuff the run.
                The defense never even got off the bus. They gave up 123 yards rushing in the first quarter alone. The pass defense has more holes than a pasta strainer. I don't know what game you watched, but it definately was not the Broncos vs patriots.

Denver is now rated last in pass defense, and in run defense. That is 32nd out of 32 teams. And you say the played well. This team is playing worse than they did last year. If it was not for the fluke against San Diego, and the a lucky missed field goal by one of the best in the game, this team would be and should be 2 and 5. That is the reality of the Denver Broncos.

I would hate to see if they played poorly. Everything that could have gone wrong did. Cutler played like Jake the Snake, secondary imploded and the front line could not stop running water.

Shanahan said they have some areas they have to work on (no joke). ESPN said they need to revamp the team from the top down. That is more to the truth. The first thing they need to do is get rid of the offensive and defensive coordinators because neither are doing this team any good.

It is possible that this game might wake up cutler to the fact that he is no John Elway. That could be good. He needs to learn to live with it and get his own style of leadership.

Over all, this game was a disaster and an embarassment and it all rest on Shanahan.

Comment

Well Said

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
                  Our defense is the downfall of this years Broncos. It became quite obvious in week 1 when Russell had wide open dudes down field but he just simply missed them or they dropped the ball.

We have not been able to tackle, create pressure, or even create turnovers. 3 things you NEED to do to even have a chance in the game. The only reason our team has had a chance in the games is because of our above average offense. weeks 1-3 we were able to score at will. But when teams noticed just how bad our defense is they found the blue print to shalacking our offense. CREATE TURNOVERS AND PLAY AGGRESSIVE. The way they see it, our defense is gonna let the opposing offense put up just as many points as our offense does. So far it isn't far from the truth.

When you have a team the turns the ball over but creates no turnovers they are gonna suck and they are gonna suck bad.

Until our defense gets fixed, im talkin replace everyone but Champ and DJ, then we are gonna commit to poopyness for years to come.
                  That is about as straight to the point as you can get.

Comment

Easy

You are giving the defense a pass? Do you think Shanny and the rest of the coaches are giving the defense a "pass"? I think not. And I am certainly not giving the offense a pass. They were just as bad as the D.

But how do you give up 250+ yards on the ground to a bunch of 2nd, 3rd and 4th string RB's? Tell me how?
                    Don't show up for the game...

Comment

We had 4 turnovers the 1st half. Denver D held them to two field goals, a punt, and would've ended a drive on 3rd and 15 if winborn hadn't grabbed the facemask.

Then we lost Champ and Boss; then lowry became the weak link. We do have hope if we can have a safety stuff the run.
                      You are delusional. Don't look at the points that were put up? If a safety can stuff the run? You think that will change all of our woes?

We lack talent at almost every position, people are playing out of place and missing tackles. Poor coaching and constant scheme change aren't helping either. You're trying to find filet mignon in a pile of ****. 5 sacks on a team with constant pass protection issues didn't stop them from putting up points.

We're 28th against the pass, 29th against the run, intercepted 2 passes, recovered 5 fumbles and 17 sacks with 6 coming off New England. Sure the defense has it moments but they've been more negative than positive.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...os-completely/
                      "In front of the nation," said cornerback Dre Bly. "It's embarrassing."
                      "We got physically beat up," said linebacker D.J. Williams. "Both sides of he ball, offense, defense, special teams, they just beat us."
                      "We've got to go back to basics," said Shanahan.
                      "It just stinks how we played," said Champ Bailey. "Everybody in this room has to look at himself and try to get better individually. All of us have to look back and reflect on these last seven games and try and figure out a way to get better. We need a better attitude because our attitude stinks out there. We need to play better and play harder."

Comment

260+ yards given up on the ground and Matt Cassell haivng a 130+ passer rating, with a 41-7 beating is good defense????

Comment

I agree, the defense played very well (aside from stopping the run) until Champ went out. The offense was the problem tonight, 5 turnovers wont win a game. The rushing yard you can overcome but it's nearly impossible to overcome 5 turnovers especially when you don't get any turnovers to go your way. Nothing went our way last night. I think the best thing is that we have a bye week so we can get healthy (Scheffler, Stokley, Selvin, Champ, Boss). They should all be healthy by the time we play again.

If thwere was a huge positive to look at, it was our 6 sacks aginst an offensive line that protects their QB very well generally.
                          Last edited by Bronco_Rob; 10-21-2008, 09:11 AM.

Comment

yes the offense let us down but we still shouldn't be getting gashed by sammy morris. Sammy Morris had 100 + in the 1st half alone comeon with one play. everytime they went left it was open.
                            Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

The were much worse then the D. I dont think any side gets a pass no matter what the score is or how well they do. But I'm putting this game sqaurly on the offense.

I'm not saying the D did great. Im just saying they did good enough to win if the offense would have done something, anything.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Did you guys notice the stat they threw up last night that showed the Broncos D gives up more then the 07 Lions D did?

Comment

Working...
                                X