Defense actually played very well tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAWDOGG View Post
    Did you guys notice the stat they threw up last night that showed the Broncos D gives up more then the 07 Lions D did?
    Did you guys notice you don't have a lombardi Trophy in your Club House?

Comment

Did you guys notice the stat they threw up last night that showed the Broncos D gives up more then the 07 Lions D did?
      Did you guys Notice we are still the Division Leaders even with that Ass Kicking?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
        Did you guys notice you don't have a lombardi Trophy in your Club House?
        Nice try at your smack........

I am not smacking so try and keep your posts on the topic and take your smack to the smack section

Comment

Nice try at your smack........

I am not smacking so try and keep your posts on the topic and take your smack to the smack section
          Ok Defense played Decent first Quarter! Did you notice your Clubhouse has No LomBardi trophies? Di you Notice we are still Leading the Division? Did you Notice you got you butts handed to you by Miami? Did you Notice you got your Butts handed to you by the Bills? Did you Notice the Lights went out in Buffalo and The Chargers couln't use the Power to get it ON?

Comment

i have to agree with some pts. the tackling and run defense was horrible, but they did get to the qb. thats a huge improvemnet from the past games. and the defense did give the offense chances to come back, esp in the 1st quarter where they held them to only 2 fgs depsite the 2 costly fumbles. 1 td drive after those 2 fgs and were suddenly in the game. but it didnt happen. the offesne faltered.

also the fundamental of "the run sets up the pass" thing, the pats got to set up the run, and so even tho we sacked cassel 6 times, he still got to play very well bec the run kept the defense honest. it was a good team effort for the pats. while they didnt protect him well, all the players palyed well enough that let cassel manage the game effectively.

at least brandon made good on his promise to not fumble the ball. now that andre hall....

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
              Ok Defense played Decent first Quarter! Did you notice your Clubhouse has No LomBardi trophies? Di you Notice we are still Leading the Division? Did you Notice you got you butts handed to you by Miami? Did you Notice you got your Butts handed to you by the Bills? Did you Notice the Lights went out in Buffalo and The Chargers couln't use the Power to get it ON?
              Wait until you play them........lucky for you guys you get to play them in your house, I beleive

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                The were much worse then the D. I dont think any side gets a pass no matter what the score is or how well they do. But I'm putting this game sqaurly on the offense.

ANY D will give up a lot when the offense makes 5 turnovers 3 3 and outs, 6 possessions that don't go for more then 20 yards and not a single point for 45 minutes of play.

I'm not saying the D did great. Im just saying they did good enough to win if the offense would have done something, anything.

I agree that nobody on this team gets a pass last night. BUT........the thread is titled "Defense actually played very well tonight". VERY WELL?????

If our defense played VERY WELL then the Titans defense this season must be playing ASTRONOMICALLY WELL.

Comment

Originally posted by seanlust View Post
                  I agree that nobody on this team gets a pass last night. BUT........the thread is titled "Defense actually played very well tonight". VERY WELL?????

If our defense played VERY WELL then the Titans defense this season must be playing ASTRONOMICALLY WELL.
                  I don't agree with the thread starter. But I seen our D getting better. Even after this game. Our D is bad that's no secret. Those Titans certianly must be doing somthing right .

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
                    Our defense is the downfall of this years Broncos. It became quite obvious in week 1 when Russell had wide open dudes down field but he just simply missed them or they dropped the ball.

We have not been able to tackle, create pressure, or even create turnovers. 3 things you NEED to do to even have a chance in the game. The only reason our team has had a chance in the games is because of our above average offense. weeks 1-3 we were able to score at will. But when teams noticed just how bad our defense is they found the blue print to shalacking our offense. CREATE TURNOVERS AND PLAY AGGRESSIVE. The way they see it, our defense is gonna let the opposing offense put up just as many points as our offense does. So far it isn't far from the truth.

When you have a team the turns the ball over but creates no turnovers they are gonna suck and they are gonna suck bad.

Until our defense gets fixed, im talkin replace everyone but Champ and DJ, then we are gonna commit to poopyness for years to come.
                    You guys are hilarious; noone is reading the argument here. THE DEFENSE played very WELL up until 4 first half turnovers and our defensive injuries!

To state that we gave up 250yds rushing and 75% completed pass is irrelevant because most of those stats were bloated in the 2nd half. By the second half, we had already lost champ and boss, with champ being our best run and pass defender.

1st half stats were 138 yds rushing and 78 total passing yards, including 5 sacks, one punt, two forced field goals, and a 3rd and 17 stopped (facemask).

Count the number of times the offense actually did something productive that didn't force our defense to a short field and tough situations? We stepped up, other than Lowry giving up huge rushing yards.

How many broncos fans can actually watch the game and notice the bright things that we did other than looking at the stats at the end of the game when our whole team gave up?!

Comment

• Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
                      Don't look at the 41 points by the Patriots.

We had 4 turnovers the 1st half. Denver D held them to two field goals, a punt, and would've ended a drive on 3rd and 15 if winborn hadn't grabbed the facemask.

We also produced 5 sacks in the 1st half.

Then we lost Champ and Boss; then lowry became the weak link. We do have hope if we can have a safety stuff the run.
                      did you say run stuffing safety? john lynch any1???

our defense was horrible. its all about the points they give up, you cant overlook that. their job is to stop the other team from scoring. big deal they got 6 sacks vs. a depleted patriots offensive line. no silver lining on the part of our defense. it just really bad

^Freyaka^

Signature Courtesy of B4Bronco6

Comment

• Yes, the titans have an elite Defense right now. Our defense played very well considering the personnel and our 32 ranked defense we came in with.

And yes, i needed to state "VERY WELL" because i know i'd attract some attention and to negative people to come in here screaming
                        Last edited by AyanBronco; 10-21-2008, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cammina View Post
                          Our D may be bad under your point of view ( which doesn't hold much value anyway);

I love the D, and am very confident in its future prospect of improvement. We can pass rush now, we didn't give up 500 passing yards, we forced field goals, and we shut down #1 and #2 receivers for the most part. Did we do this at the beginning of the season? no.
                          Youre obviously passionate about the Broncos.

However you must understand that others- although negative - are equally passionate, and equally have a right to be so and not be judged by you as being inferior. Your attitude toward other fans' contrary opinions is the real problem. It's as if you feel your opinion is right and just and the ONLY ONE ALLOWED, and everybody elses no matter what they say is garbage and you treat them and their opinions as such. Collectively our demeanor needs adjustment based on this thread.
                          Throwing the personal attack spears and not sticking to THE FACTS is where some of you are straying from where you should be.

It is my firm belief that no opinion is absolute- not absolutely right, nor absolutely wrong. It shall always be in degrees of rightness and wrongness.
                          Sure there were a few sparkling moments, but what Seanlust's main point- and mine as well is that those bright spots are mere pin pricks on a vast dark canvas that is the 2008 Denver Bronco defense.
                          So again it is a matter of degree, not of substance or absolution.

No matter what, this is a discussion board, and discussion it should be. Personal assassinations and name calling are against board policy, are bad personal practice, show poorly on the thrower and lower the standards of all members that participate here.
                          I for one do not wish to be lowered to that level by that type of behavior, and yet I wish to continue to discuss things on this board with the typical civility that ensued prior to recent member postings here.

I hope you take this with the underlying message that it is meant and not as an overt personal attack and erupt into a flame war. We shall see.

If we are all adults, we can agree to discuss, and agree to concur or disagree, but I also think it is incumbent upon all of us that we can agree to disagree without becoming disagreeable ourselves.
                          Last edited by Road_Apples; 10-21-2008, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• A Little Hard On Lowery Imo...........

Ok when it comes to Lowery yes the missed tackles is the thing that stands out the most. But in his defense this was his first full start for the Broncos. And I saw some positives from him for Instance we have heard lately that nobody in the secondary is getting any INT's well lowery got an INT.

Now something we also haven't seen is anybody get in the backfield as fast as he did to stop the run. Yes he did miss and i did see it, but at the same time does he not get any slack since it was his first game? Does being excited in his first start have any bearing on his overpursuit?

I mean we have given slack to Cutler for the INT's and we have given slack to Marshall for the fumbles, So why does Lowery get thrown under the bus when he did something none of the other safeties have done at this point?

The original poster is simply saying that the Defense did a hell of a better Job as far as Effort goes than the Offense did, although the criticism is pretty atrocious here when it comes to nitpicking the way he words something in the title of the thread, but once you start reading the posters defense it is obvious he is right as far as out of "all" the units in the "7th week game only"
                            the defense played very well and I agree. Sometimes the critiquing of peoples wording is rediculous when on the internet you have to actually read beyond the title of the thread to see where people are going with their conversation.

I don't think at any point did he deny that we weren't the worst defense in the league his post was in regards to last nights Game only!!!

Comment

• I think the defense played really well too. They put the offense in a position where we could get back in the game even after two turnovers in the first quarter. And as its been said, they had 6 sacks. Our defense isnt designed to be like Chicago or Baltimore who can win games when the offense only puts up 14. If you give an offense that many opportunities they are going to score. Our offense has to do a better job of putting teams in predictable situations, so that we can play run or pass with more confidence.

Also, whats up with the frickin scheme? In a game like this, why doesnt Slowik load up the box and force Cassell to make plays. Cant you stack against the run and check downs and force him to go down the field? (I mean before Champ got hurt). I just must not get it, it seems simple.
                              Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post

138 first half rushing yards for Morris, yea great defense HOMER.............the only defense I saw play decent was the home team

Comment

Working...
                                X