Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IYO, what's the worst defeat you've ever seen???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IYO, what's the worst defeat you've ever seen???

to put tonight's loss into perspective, what do you think is the worst loss you've ever witnessed?

i really think that the game vs. oakland from 2002 (in denver) was the worst defeat ever. gannon just embarrassed us going like 34/38 and 3-4tds. i believe we were 6-2 (oak was 4-4) and after that thumping we spiraled out of control and missed the playoffs

at least this game there were some petty excuses, like andre's fumbles, Jay's finger, Champ's injury, lopsided officiating, calvin lowry , playing on the road, etc.
    Last edited by DEN7ER; 10-20-2008, 10:18 PM.

tonight

or when we got destroyed by the Bolts

i would say bolts game # 1 this game # 2
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton

Comment

I'll take XXIV. i was sophmore in high school, in Missouri.

Actually caught a cold the day before, and fell asleep before halftime. Missed the next week of school, and when I came back, SLAP.

Comment

in the shanahan era, '04 playoff against the colts.

I was at both the sunday night game, in which portis was hurt so quentin griffin ran up the score 31-17, and two weeks later in the wild card game when marvin harrison made a catch while on the turf, and al wilson and some d back forgot to touch him, so he got up and ran for a td. 35-3 at half. that sucked. final was like 49-10. not fun wearing a plummer jersey that day.

Comment

This was the worst defeat in my 22 years as a Bronco fan. I spent over a weeks pay to bring my wife an 2 kids to thier 1st Bronco game. What a joke, I feel like I was robbed. This season is over, this team has no pride. They gave up tonight and I was in the stands to see it. I won't be buying anymore merchandise and will be canceling my NFL ticket tomorrow. This team SUCKS! Clean house from Shanahan to Cutler to the entire soory a** defense. Its time for a BIG change.

Comment

Originally posted by elway719 View Post
            I was at both the sunday night game, in which portis was hurt so quentin griffin ran up the score 31-17, and two weeks later in the wild card game when marvin harrison made a catch while on the turf, and al wilson and some d back forgot to touch him, so he got up and ran for a td. 35-3 at half. that sucked. final was like 49-10. not fun wearing a plummer jersey that day.
            Yep this was my pick. I'll say though that the loss tonight made me pretty furious.

Comment

Originally posted by DEN7ER View Post
              to put tonight's loss into perspective, what do you think is the worst loss you've ever witnessed?

i really think that the game vs. oakland from 2002 (in denver) was the worst defeat ever. gannon just embarrassed us going like 34/38 and 3-4tds. i believe we were 6-2 (oak was 4-4) and after that thumping we spiraled out of control and missed the playoffs

at least this game there were some petty excuses, like andre's fumbles, Jay's finger, Champ's injury, lopsided officiating, calvin lowry , playing on the road, etc.
              Lets see, im trying to remember what game i could compare this disaster too without pulling out the 'Super Bowl Losses' ... ok, i got it, Oct 31 1988, Colts defeat Broncos 55-23 on Monday Night, Eric ****erson Runs over the Broncos Defense like it didnt exist, that was a painfull loss on national tv, tonights loss had that kind of feel to it.
              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

X X I I

Broncos vs Redskins Super Bowl

Broncos 10
                Redskins 42
                Last edited by DieHard; 10-20-2008, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I agree, almost. we sucked tonight, and coaching sucked. but

we can finally say we are a young team. we are two players away from being really good. a good safety, and a big, fat interior lineman who can make plays. I was supposed to make a long road trip from missouri with another broncos fan to this game. thank goodness the economy went down and we didn't want to spend the money to travel up there for this. would have been fun watching the sox lose (cardinal fan who was at the '04 WS game 3 and still bitter) last night. probably would have gotten butt kicked, and missed the monday night game anyway. might have been better than being there.

Comment

Broncos Vs. Jaguars.

1996 AFC Divisional Playoff.

'Nuff said.
                    sigpic

Comment

and three years ago at kc

when dante hall returned the opening kickoff for a td. my buddy and i had tickets in the endzone where he caught the kick, and by the time he was at the 10 we knew he was gone. I dont' remember the final, but i'm pretty sure we left early in the third quarter. with the final like 42-19 or close to that, when the chiefs sucked. And how the crap did we lose to the chiefs this year????? thank goodness I had a wedding to go to, or my annual trip to kc would have sucked even worse.

Comment

oh, forgot about '96. i live in missouri, and had tickets lined up for that game,

and had a college buddy who was a steeler fan. we thought we were going to be at the afc championship, only my 2nd game at mile high ever at the time, and we both lost. pats vs. jags, what a crappy afc champ. could hav had a three peat.

Comment

Outside of the lopsided SB and playoff losses, Corey Dillon running on us like a treadmill.

Comment

Originally posted by DieHard View Post
                            Broncos vs Redskins Super Bowl

Broncos 10
                            Redskins 42

I concur. This was the worst one in my opinion as well.

Comment

This one is easy:

55-10 rout of Broncos by the 49ers in XXIV.

I had to eat crow from a bunch of kids in kindergarden, of all things. I was 19/20
                              I bragged about how Atwater was going to eat SF's receivers for lunch. Little did I know, Jerry Rice was going to pretend we didn't bring our defense to the game.

I felt after our 4th sb loss, we were a cursed team, that would never win.

How can the most lopsided loss by anyone playing in the SB, not be your choice?

Comment

Working...
                              X