Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stronger arm versus desire to win

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by The_fourth_amig View Post
    Okay fine, he's just answering the questions asked...I would have been more impressed if he had said:

    "I really can't make comparisons between myself and people like John Elway, Brett Favre, Dan Marino and anyone else. You are talking about legends here. I probably should have held back earlier, but wanted t demonstrate my confidence both in my abilities and the team as a whole, and I think that came out wrong. All I care about is helping the team add to its wins - we'll take things one week at a time and address issues as they come up, but to keep on about whose arm is stronger than whose when and what not really doesn't matter if we are only at 6-5..."

    That would have impressed me...but to willingly jump in on what clearly was a leading question..it's like a fish taking the bait. Once he realizes what the press is doing here, he'll wise up and come up with better answers, but that only comes with time, experience, and toning down the arrogance. As I've said before, there is a fine line between arrogance and confidence and Jay hasn't found that yet...
    Great example of an over-reaction..... thank you. :salute!:

    Originally posted by saphire1 View Post
    i agree w/ you on some points, but did you see the video? the vid will give you a better feel of the context. jay immediately laughed when he got the question, meaning he took it as a joke, as it was, and answered it in jest as well. there is arrogance in there, but its more like guys just having some kind of joke time more than jay being dead serious.
    Great example of having some sound logic and level headed thinking. Thank you VERY much for adding some common sense to your response :salute!:
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 11-27-2008, 11:39 PM.

    Comment


    • #92
      Rav.... Jay's going to be out there with a radar gun rather than going over notes when the defense is on the field.

      He'll back it up. Jay always backs it up.
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
        Rav.... Jay's going to be out there with a radar gun rather than going over notes when the defense is on the field.

        He'll back it up. Jay always backs it up.
        Dont' be shocked if the Networks figure out a way to keep track of the speed of the passes just for this 'discussion.' (that would be cool actually. I would like to know how fast those passes are going)

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          Dont' be shocked if the Networks figure out a way to keep track of the speed of the passes just for this 'discussion.' (that would be cool actually. I would like to know how fast those passes are going)
          I think I've seen them clock one before... It was a big arm passer... but I don't remember who... it was in the 60 MPH range.
          Thanks, Reid!
          sigpic
          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by The_fourth_amig View Post
            Okay fine, he's just answering the questions asked...I would have been more impressed if he had said:

            "I really can't make comparisons between myself and people like John Elway, Brett Favre, Dan Marino and anyone else. You are talking about legends here. I probably should have held back earlier, but wanted t demonstrate my confidence both in my abilities and the team as a whole, and I think that came out wrong. All I care about is helping the team add to its wins - we'll take things one week at a time and address issues as they come up, but to keep on about whose arm is stronger than whose when and what not really doesn't matter if we are only at 6-5..."

            That would have impressed me...but to willingly jump in on what clearly was a leading question..it's like a fish taking the bait. Once he realizes what the press is doing here, he'll wise up and come up with better answers, but that only comes with time, experience, and toning down the arrogance. As I've said before, there is a fine line between arrogance and confidence and Jay hasn't found that yet...
            That would be an impressive answer... if Jay wanted to be a politician. I hope Jay never changes the way he answers questions - 95% of athletes give predictable, boring, repetitive, scripted, cookie-cutter, P.C. , cliche answers - just like your made-up response above.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
              Rav.... Jay's going to be out there with a radar gun rather than going over notes when the defense is on the field.

              He'll back it up. Jay always backs it up.
              What "radar gun" are you talking about Trychon?

              Actually, when the Broncos defense is on the field, Cutler checks his sugar level.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by DarrentCB27 View Post
                What "radar gun" are you talking about Trychon?

                Actually, when the Broncos defense is on the field, Cutler checks his sugar level.
                A hypothetical sarcastic one.
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic
                Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                  I'd hit it.......
                  me too...

                  and i would eat them chips during...


                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
                    I remember Elway was undefeated on his pool table and somebody finally beat him and the next day he sold it. Elway was just a different breed.

                    Yeah I read about that in " The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, the history of the Denver Broncos". That's definitely competitive, I bet if someone passed him on I-25, he would speed up to get back in front of them lol.
                    BRONCOPOWER

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by antipas View Post
                      Guess you must be in your early 60's or so, huh? Lighten up, dude!
                      actually im in my 70's and jay need to not make fun of older people

                      this is rediculous that he takes these cheap shots all the time against the elderly
                      sigpic

                      sig by B4B6..

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post
                        actually im in my 70's and jay need to not make fun of older people

                        this is rediculous that he takes these cheap shots all the time against the elderly
                        Go change your diaper.
                        Thanks, Reid!
                        sigpic
                        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                          Go change your diaper.
                          i guess all broncos fans make fun of the elderly, so cutler's statement must just be what the fans want

                          im going to get loaded on my prune juice now
                          sigpic

                          sig by B4B6..

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                            I think I've seen them clock one before... It was a big arm passer... but I don't remember who... it was in the 60 MPH range.
                            Pretty sure I have seen them do that with Favre (might even be the one you are thinking of). So it's possible they'll do it in this game.
                            sigpic
                            Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
                            Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
                            My Divisional Breakdown Thread

                            Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by slostenracing View Post
                              Pretty sure I have seen them do that with Favre (might even be the one you are thinking of). So it's possible they'll do it in this game.
                              I'm thinking it may have actually been in relation to the Jay/John arm relation thing... but more probably would remember it if that were the case... I just seem to remember them saying that John probably threw it one or two MPH faster. lol.
                              Thanks, Reid!
                              sigpic
                              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                              Comment


                              • for those who think jay is all abt himself and doesnt respect elders and their legacies:

                                And yet Cutler, through 32 games, is statistically ahead of Favre.

                                "I have a long way to go," Cutler said. "You're talking about Brett Favre, one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game. He's accomplished a lot throughout his career. I'm just kind of getting started. We'll see, hopefully I'm still a starter five to 10 years from now."
                                http://www.denverpost.com/sportshead...809?source=rss

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X