No announcement yet.

Stronger arm versus desire to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully the offense is clicking early and we dont have to watch a bunch of million dollar babies walk around the field pouting on sunday. If so it could be a long day against a good jets team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolverine83 View Post
      That would be an impressive answer... if Jay wanted to be a politician. I hope Jay never changes the way he answers questions - 95% of athletes give predictable, boring, repetitive, scripted, cookie-cutter, P.C. , cliche answers - just like your made-up response above.
      Word...ever see a Patriots press conferance...zzzzzzzzzzzz. of course talking with how you play is louder and clearer. As long as he dont fall to hard when he fails to back up his talk. I wouldn't want him to tell everyone including himself that he is just par, would you. Actually, it would be nice to see some bravado from someone on D. I would like to here a player on D show a personality of Im a beast, Im going to rip their head off and s#$t down their throat. maybe it will bring some aggresion to this team.
      I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

• Originally posted by DarrentCB27 View Post
        If you don't think Cutler backs that up with his play, you are ignoring the fact that arm strength simply means he throws the ball longer than Favre does. To do that, he simply needs to throw a Hail Mary from deep in his own territory - maybe the 20-25 yard line, wherever Favre has never attempted such a pass this season - and watch it reach the end zone before being batted down by a defensive player. Arm strength only means ability to throw a long distance. It has nothing to do with whether a receiver catches it or not. Accuracy is NOT the same thing as strength. Why don't people know that by now?
        I never said that Cutler never backs up his words with his play I am talking about this game in particular. When he said the Elway comments, he laid an egg in Kansas City....he better not do it this weekend

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolverine83 View Post
          That would be an impressive answer... if Jay wanted to be a politician. I hope Jay never changes the way he answers questions - 95% of athletes give predictable, boring, repetitive, scripted, cookie-cutter, P.C. , cliche answers - just like your made-up response above.
          I disagree - it's an impressive answer because it shows he has poise, confidence, and the ability to recognize the press for what they are. The question was clearly designed to generate a controversial response. Professional athletes learn this little nugget about the press, and learn to deal with it accordingly and not create controversy where there is none. Keeping the focus on the team and not the individual is what generates respect and confidence. His response (even though he was laughing and joking around) indicates that he has not matured to that point yet. Of course, he is only 25, and that kind of knowledge and poise should come with time and experience. If he doesn't change and mature with time off the field, then how will he mature on the field?

It may sound cliche to you but you know what, that's how professional athletes stay focused...they brush off the media and concentrate on what's important.

Comment

• Originally posted by saphire1 View Post
            i agree w/ you on some points, but did you see the video? the vid will give you a better feel of the context. jay immediately laughed when he got the question, meaning he took it as a joke, as it was, and answered it in jest as well. there is arrogance in there, but its more like guys just having some kind of joke time more than jay being dead serious.
            No, I've searched for it on Google and YouTube...is it on the Bronco site?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_fourth_amig View Post
              No, I've searched for it on Google and YouTube...is it on the Bronco site?
              yeah, it's on the main broncos site. the name of the video is wednesday: cutler, or something like that.

Comment

• Yeah, found and watched it. Here's the thing, he laughs briefly, but then goes on to answer the question. A leader with poise and maturity would have deferred the question and gone on to team goals rather than individual strengths that mean nothing in the grand scheme of things..

Comment

• Love having a QB who has the confidence that Cutler does, I have a strong feeling he'll go out and prove himself this week, like he done against the Chargers.

Broncos 20, Jets 17

You heard it here ladies and gentlemen

Comment

Working...
                  X