boss bailey out for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I just find it funny that when you start to lose, the injuries begin to mount.

I know some will say that injuries directly result in us losing. But there's also a correlation the other direction - losing tends to directly result in injuries.

At any rate, this is just giving reasons to scapegoat this team's lack of consistent success. If we wind up not making the playoffs despite Shanahan's guarantee, expect he and his purist of supporters to scapegoat injuries once again for this team's failures.
    Could be, players loosing focus would definitely cause some injuries. However Champs injury doesn't, Not sure Boss has finished one game for us.

Hey guys Nate has been doing great for us. One good thing , right?

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

I know some will say that injuries directly result in us losing. But there's also a correlation the other direction - losing tends to directly result in injuries.

At any rate, this is just giving reasons to scapegoat this team's lack of consistent success. If we wind up not making the playoffs despite Shanahan's guarantee, expect he and his purist of supporters to scapegoat injuries once again for this team's failures.
      Mojo, you indeed are observant.

Where I believe it happens is when you get a defeatist attitude, and instead of doing the "hitting" meaning you are feeling in a superior mood, the hitting gets laid on you- usually you are lesser prepared and are in a more vulnerable position. That over the years is where I find it happens. It also seems to happen to players that want to "escape" mentally or emotionally. I saw it a lot in sub college level sports and have always had that same thought in the back of my mind.

You also notice it more in games that seem to get "out of hand", where the injuries pile up.
      I'm sure someone in Sports psychology has this one all figured out and even has a few labels for it.

Comment

Guarantee .. you crack me up. I can guarantee you anything!! Only you would actually use that as a "promise" of some kind!!

Comment

this shouldnt be a suprise, the guy is fragile he has been injured in every game for something small, and usually its after he makes a bad play.

the singing was not a good one, and now microfracture surgery???? shoot we shipped Javon out partly because we didnt want to deal with that.

I would say that regardless of the contract. he will be forced to renegotaite at the end of the year, or will find himself cut from this team.

he is not a great player, because of his injuries. this year enforced even more the need to draft a OLB designed for SLB specifically.

i see aaron curry next year as a prime target after this now.

Comment

Working...
          X