Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Fiddle with Roster after Loss (Denver Post Article)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Fiddle with Roster after Loss (Denver Post Article)

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10777987

Is it possible we will have 3 or 4 spots to fill? We brought in Chad Jackson. He could be taking Halls place at Kick return? Shaw's attitude and suspension may have cost him his job? And they get rid of 2 people on the practice squad? So what does this mean Bring in a couple of CB's? Or are they going to go as far as Cut some safeties as well to open more spots? Boss Bailey is out on IR that also opened up a roster spot? Is this the beginning of a mid season ReVamp?

Thoughts and Comments Please?

It wasn't exactly Bloody Tuesday at Dove Valley, but the Broncos are tinkering with their roster in the aftermath of their New England disaster.

The Broncos released defensive tackle Steven Harris and running back P.J. Pope from their practice squad.

The team is discussing other moves, including what to do with the roster vacated by the suspension of defensive tackle Josh Shaw.

Was that an article or blog post?

Comment

I'm So dissapointed with how this team has produced this year. We need to Draft D early and often next year. ( i would have said for the last couple of weeks.. but now with stokely's injury up in the air. im befuddled
      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
      While he sits by his hearth at home.
      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer View Post
        It wasn't exactly Bloody Tuesday at Dove Valley, but the Broncos are tinkering with their roster in the aftermath of their New England disaster.

The Broncos released defensive tackle Steven Harris and running back P.J. Pope from their practice squad.

The team is discussing other moves, including what to do with the roster vacated by the suspension of defensive tackle Josh Shaw.

I guess I don't understand your question?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
          I'm So dissapointed with how this team has produced this year. We need to Draft D early and often next year. ( i would have said for the last couple of weeks.. but now with stokely's injury up in the air. im befuddled
          So you are saying we should just play out the rest of the year with what we have?

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer View Post

Article Comments (13) this was on the same page.

Comment

what i wonder is how does cuttlin a couple practise squad players that are not even on the team...fixing the problem

what the hells going on

shanny: this is a disgrace,,,heads must roll...cut two PS guys for this loss...that will teach them
              sigpic
              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10777987

Is it possible we will have 3 or 4 spots to fill? We brought in Chad Jackson. He could be taking Halls place at Kick return? Shaw's attitude and suspension may have cost him his job? And they get rid of 2 people on the practice squad? So what does this mean Bring in a couple of CB's? Or are they going to go as far as Cut some safeties as well to open more spots? Boss Bailey is out on IR that also opened up a roster spot? Is this the beginning of a mid season ReVamp?

Thoughts and Comments Please?
                To me it's a sign things aren't good.........is there any quality players out there right now? uh no........

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                  what i wonder is how does cuttlin a couple practise squad players that are not even on the team...fixing the problem

what the hells going on

shanny: this is a disgrace,,,heads must roll...cut two PS guys for this loss...that will teach them
                  Perhaps there are some eligible active players that Shanny wants to move to the PS to bring new faces in..........either way you slice it, it's not a good scenario

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

what the hells going on

I agree with the heads must roll and feet up someones butt as well. This is business Had they played better in tryouts they would'nt be on the practice squad the way i see it. Fixing the problem maybe maybe not. But what are we suppose to do just go the rest of the season with what we have and not even attempt to try to salvage the season?

Comment

Originally posted by RAWDOGG View Post
                      Perhaps there are some eligible active players that Shanny wants to move to the PS to bring new faces in..........either way you slice it, it's not a good scenario
                      I think this is the obvious reason and is right on.

These guys aren't moved from the practice squad as a result to this loss... this is making room for someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        I think this is the obvious reason and is right on.

These guys aren't moved from the practice squad as a result to this loss... this is making room for someone else.
                        I agree with that . But if they make moves to the practice squad and some players get cut does that not open up new spots on the 53 man roster?

Comment

I agree with that . But if they make moves to the practice squad and some players get cut does that not open up new spots on the 53 man roster?
                          If they get cut from the practice squad, it will not effect the 53 man roster.

& vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
                            If they get cut from the practice squad, it will not effect the 53 man roster.

& vice versa.
                            ok but if they cut shaw? and Boss and Ramsey is on IR then that does right?

Comment

ok but if they cut shaw? and Boss and Ramsey is on IR then that does right?
                              If Shaw is cut from the 53 man roster, then thats a open roster spot.

If Boss & Ramsey are on IR, I believe they are still apart of the 53 man roster. Not sure tho?

Comment

Working...
                              X