Who does Jay remind you more of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
    I had to say Favre, simply because, even with Cutlers fantastic arm strength I havent seen him making one throw very often that was an Elway trademark.

Which throw? The one where Elway would roll out to the right and then throw it 20 yrds downfield on the run....but to the left side of the field. Or reverse the rollout to the left and John would throw it downfield on the right side of the field.

I have seen Cutler do this one time this year, and that was against the Raiders on a pass to the TE. Even then though it was more of a seam pass and wasnt all the way back to the other side of the field.

Elway could throw back across his body on the run better than any other QB I have ever seen.
    He had one to Daniel Graham in the Raider game or Saints game where he rolled left and threw it to Graham on the right side. The throws to Graham and Scheffler down the middle resemble this as well.

I'm not saying Cutler has Elway arm strength, that's BS......I'm just saying he has done it......

Comment

Originally posted by 24SuperChamp View Post
      At this very moment?

Brett Favre....

Jay still forces the ball and relies on his arm strength to squeak the ball into tight coverage. This in turn usually turns into an INT. Jay makes a lot of bonehead decisions like Favre does.

Until Jay matures a bit more, he will remind me more of Favre.

I don't think he will remind me of Elway until he takes us back to the Super Bowl and wins it!
      Ahem, you have seen John Elway play, haven't you? If you don't think he made a career of doing just this, then you clearly haven't seen Elway play.

And no! It does not usually turn into an INT, you're exaggerating......

Comment

Gota be Favre... he seems to have more of the "gunslinger" mentality than Elway had... though if he turns out as either of them with a Super Bowl ring I'll be happy !

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
          Ahem, you have seen John Elway play, haven't you? If you don't think he made a career of doing just this, then you clearly haven't seen Elway play.

And no! It does not usually turn into an INT, you're exaggerating......
          Difference being that Elway didn't just rely on his arm strength to be a playmaker though. He could use his feet.

Comment

lol.............neither one
            My 3 favorite teams:
            1.The Denver Broncos
            2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
            3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

I hate to say it:

Brett Favre. I like Jay alot, but before we get whupped like a fine piece of a$$, lets be real. If he takes us to a game where even the littlest mistake means the difference between winning and losing, is our man gonna make even the harshest critics proud? Eli made it happen, only time will tell with Jay and believe me the clock is ticking.
              sigpicNow I'm not sayin OJ shoulda killed her...but I understand" -Chris Rock

Comment

How about Jay Cutler...haven't we had enough of comparisons?

Comment

Working...
                X