Let's face it, that was all Cutler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's face it, that was all Cutler

That had to be one of the worst coached, worst prepared game from a Broncos squad I've seen in a LONG time.

But in spite of all the adversity, Cutler actually came through. He didn't have a 'great' game (although his stats will say otherwise he got lucky on more than a few throws), he basically took this team on his shoulders and willed them to victory.

No running back. Banged up receivers. He was getting knocked around left and right. The playcalling was terrible. Yet, Cutler fought through all of that and delivered a hard-fought win.

I've been critical of the guy, and justly so. But he showed A LOT tonight, and this is something I think he can definitely build on.

Good job Broncos, and especially to you, Jay.
    sigpic

For his SECOND YEAR of starting, which lets face it is not exactly a ton of experience, Cutler is showing enormous promise. I think the Broncos are so lucky to have him and he is totally the future of our team.

My dad told me a lot of stories about young Elway carrying an entire team to victories.....and we all know what Elway turned out to mean for the Broncos

Comment

I agree, that was all Jay, but there are some good things that came out of the game. Hillis is a beast and so are all of our receivers, and Daniel Graham finally started catching some balls.

Big John

Comment

cutler looked good though.......it was nice to see progression...and a lil luck

Comment

Are you guys all idiots?

Cousins dropped a pick.
          Wright dropped a pick.
          Williams dropped a pick
          McDonald dropped a pick which later resulted in the biggest drive of the game.
          And dont forget the nice piorouette jump pass across the field where Sheffler had to committ a penalty to save Cutlers ass, that would have been an INT.

And you think Cutler is what exactly?
          Last edited by SDERA; 11-07-2008, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SDERA View Post
            Are you guys all idiots?

Cousins dropped a pick.
            Wright dropped a pick.
            Williams dropped a pick
            And dont forget the nice piorouette jump pass across the field where Sheffler had to committ a penalty to save Cutlers ass, that would have been an INT.

Not all those picks were as give me as you try to make them. In fact alot of those were WR vs CB. When you have no running game you have to go at them. Their were really only 2 give me picks that were dropped. But then agian his only REAL pick in the game was because Marshal made a mistake.

As far as that Sheffler would be pick, agian he had his guy and the defender one on one. If he doesnt mess up that throw thats a TD.

We think Cutler is great, Now run along with your missinformed homer logic that every thing should have been a pick.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Are you guys all idiots?

Cousins dropped a pick.
              Wright dropped a pick.
              Williams dropped a pick

but they were NOT picks . . . . the point of this thread is not to say Jay was perfect by any measure, i closed my eyes on some of those throws but still, for a QB to stick with it after those mistakes keep his team in it and then make the throws needed to win showed A LOT about the type of player we have on our hands here in denver.

the win was all cutler -

the D game up 30 points AGAIN
              we had ZERO run game to speak of in the 2nd half
              STs didnt hurt nor help us

now beat it TROLL
              sigpic
              -------

Comment

I like it when Cutler wins. He has 10 days to soak it in. Get a good feeling about himself. Drop some sweet comments in the press about his greatness....and then stink it up against a team that is not falling appart before our eyes.

That being said, what team was falling appart?? I mean they were both so bad....but somebody gotz to win!!

I'll give chubby about 4 days before he starts putting his team back into the top AFC spot.

Comment

Cutler was straight ballin' tonight. He wasn't perfect, but he made some key plays and he did things quinn, romo, and aaron rodgers dream of. With that said, I like the fact that new faces get to see the field as bad as that sounds...I think we should move on and rebuild our entire defense. I mean the whole enchalada.

Comment

447 yards passing, 3 tds and 1 interception. That's an awesome game by anyones standards!
                    sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Are you guys all idiots?

Cousins dropped a pick.
                      Wright dropped a pick.
                      Williams dropped a pick

awwww , are you mad cause our Qb actually completed a comeback? The River of tears still flows in SD I see.
                      BRONCOPOWER

Comment

I haven't seen the game yet as it started around 1 am over here in the UK, so I am looking forward to watching my recording. I would just like to agree with another comment on this thread. Elway carried the team for years and was continually asked to pull a rabbit out of a hat. In 1996 he finally got a complete supporting cast, and we know what that led to.

We have some great young players coming through on offense: Clady, Torain, Hillis, Scheffler, Marshall, Royal and so on. If we can just get the defense sorted out - although the defense is not devoid of promising young talent either. And if we can just stay healthy.....

We have to make sure we keep Cutler. When does his contract expire? If necessary, put a franchise tag on him. He has to be the cornerstone of our offense for years to come.

With our "depth" at RB now being rather shallow, I can see Jay having to carry the team through the rest of this season. Not sure how many wins we will get or whether we will make the playoffs - may depend to a large degree on what the Dolts do. One thing in our favour is that with the Broncos running a West Coast style offense, we will usually pass the ball to set up the occasional run, so there will not be so much pressure on the RBs as there would have been on a team such as Pittsburgh or Chicago for instance.
                        The UK's #1 Broncomaniac

Comment

Considering the top 2 players were out on defense, there were no RB's, and everyone in that stadium and watching the game that night KNEW Cutler was going to throw every single play,

HE WAS AWESOME.

Sure there were some dropped picks, but what is he supposed to do? Roll over and play dead?

Again, EVERYONE knew Cutler had to throw. This is what every defense wants, is to make the opposing team one dimensional. And the Broncos were as one dimensional as any team could be. Despite this, Cutler did what it took, on a short week no less (This is why I hate Thursday night games, I've yet to see one where the teams don't look a bit sloppy, especially the road team), to carry the team to victory.

I'm not sure how the play calling was so terrible, I though the drive where Marshall scored was particularly good (especially the QB draw, brilliant!), it wasn't like they had the whole playbook available, considering that just about every running play had to be tossed out.

Anyways, Go Broncos!!! Great win on the road in a hostile environment, with a short week, and short handed !!

Comment

I'm not sure I agree that the playcalling was horrible. The only HORRIBLE call was the QB draw at the end of the half, and they both said that he ran wider than what was intended.. but even then I think it was a bad call.

Other than that... I don't know why you would think it was a poorly called game? He had one RB that was healthy, and didn't anticipate him getting an ACL tear in the first half. Before that, we had 68 yrds rushing on 12 carries.

Cutler was hitting the passes, but the pass routes had to be called. Where was all this 'bad' play calling? I guess some of the coaches here could have called a better game, or at least, thought they could.

How many here knows what its like to call a football game with absolutely no RBs in the huddle for an entire second half? That changes MORE than just the choices between "run and pass." It changes EVERYTHING. From personnel, to routes, to packages, to protection.

How is it we score 21 points in the 4th, and the playcalling didn't have anything to do with it????

Comment

Are you guys all idiots?

Cousins dropped a pick.
                              Wright dropped a pick.
                              Williams dropped a pick

You listed too many, as one was the Sheffler save. But "almost" picks aren't a stat kept. "Almost" doesn't count and EVERY QB has them in games. "That ball was ALMOST intercepted." Doesn't matter. Quit being a baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X