Let's face it, that was all Cutler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    when he basically had no choice due to his own lack of foresight with the runningbacks.
    I dont really think bringing in a back would have helped. For them to learn the playbook at all in the just about day they would have had would have been somwhat ridiculous. Maybe Pope should have been active, but, then who gets deactivated?
    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post

"Besides education, roads, a clean water system, the protection of a strong army, food, medicine, stability, prosperity, peace, WHAT HAVE THE ROMANS DONE FOR US???"
      What??? I don't even understand Latin. I was educated in English- more or less. None of my food (pizza and spagetti excuded) came from Rome. Now that you mention it though my doctor does remind me of a member of the mafiosso. When it comes to billing he is definitely a crook. As far as stability, all my friends can tell you that I am extremely unstable. There is no glory in peace.

The coaches put the team in a position to win under very trying circumstances. Besides the one draw at the end of the half, what was particularly poor about the coaching?

THE BRONCOS WON. On the road. In a harsh environment. with only 3 days between the last game and travelling to this one. Without 1 SINGLE healthy RB. With the only 2 good defenders out.

What would you have had them do different? Run more? With who? Call different routes? Different than the routes that resulted in 450 yards in the air? Magically conjure up denizens of the underworld to fill in the holes left due to injury?
      I want to be the first to go on record as being for conjuring up denizens of the underworld. They may not play fair but they play to the death.

Both teams were sloppy, yes. This is more of a function of the ridiculously short week (Again, I despise Thursday Night Football) than any supposed coaching deficiencies.
      Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        Well, it's obvious that you and Shanahan see eye to eye on virtually everything, so it's a moot point trying to convince you otherwise. Personally, the ball is on the one-inch line and the defense played poorly all night. You know they will more than likely get the touchdown, and you need to have all the time to go down and score. No way do you risk a challenge on that call in that situation.

But again, just my opinion...
        You NEVER just concede to a TD when it can be disputed. You never just say "oh well" and forget it. If you have a chance to take points OFF the board, and give your team another chance to keep them off the board, you take it. Had Shanahan had the benefit of seeing the replay before throwing the flag, then obviously he wouldn't have. But you NEVER know whats going to happen on the next play. Could be a slip, a bad snap, a mishandoff... a fumble.... ANYTHING could happen and you take the points off the board if you can. Thats just common coaching sense.

Brilliant? Please. More like desperate and unnecessary had Shanahan had the team better prepared and thought ahead a little bit.
        You are basing your judgment that the draw was only run because we had no RBs. But guess what... teams run QB draws even when they HAVE RBs in the lineup. You want to say it was not a good idea because Cutler could have been hurt when we didn't have any RBs as is. But Cutler could get hurt on ANY play even if we have 6 RBs behind him. Anytime you can run a QB draw and get THAT many yards.. you RUN it..each and every time. You can't play scared. Thats the worst thing you could do. The QB draw that Cutler ran in that last drive was a BRILLIANT call and it worked perfectly. A GREAT call. It wasn't done out of desperation, it was no different than what the offense was doing all along.... taking what the defense gives you.

I understand that the 4/5 WR sets were necessary, ravage. That wasn't the point. You claim that the playcalling was 'great' in the 4th, and my contention was that it wasn't great when you just line up 4 or 5 WR and your QB just throws it everywhere.
        Just 'Throwing everywhere?" What are you talking about? You act like Jay was just throwing it blind and lofting up into the air. Teams OFTEN have to line up and PASS teh ball a lot when they are down by 2 scores. We weren't only down by two scores, but out of RBs. So tell me how this was poor play calling? Give a REASONABLE explanation as to how this proves to be poor playcalling?????

The point was that they were just lining up and flinging the ball around everywhere, hoping for the best - much like they used to do in the 4th when Reeves coached Elway. It's not great playcalling - Cutler made the best of a poor situation, much like Elway used to.
        Uhmmm.. the TEAM was making the best of a poor situation. They weren't just "flinging" it everywhere They were actual pass-plays. I still have found No logic in what you are saying. This is like saying that the Rams of 2000 were just "flinging" it everywhere due to desperation. If the plan is working.... keep doing it. If the 4th WR is better than the 4th DB, then you go after him. If our TEs are beating the safeties, you go to the TE. Its pretty simple logic, and one that worked. If it worked and scores 21 points versus 7 points against... thats a GOOD thing. One that you would continue to do over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Obama View Post
          cutler looked good though.......it was nice to see progression...and a lil luck
          Dude (or on the off chance..dudette), your name slays me.. (Forum name)! Completely CRACKS ME up Good job!
          I have an open mind. It is just closed for repairs
          GO BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
            You listed too many, as one was the Sheffler save. But "almost" picks aren't a stat kept. "Almost" doesn't count and EVERY QB has them in games. "That ball was ALMOST intercepted." Doesn't matter. Quit being a baby.
            Today its almost, tomarrow it costs you a game against a team better than 3-6 Cleveland.

Cutlers worst games this year have all been against decent defenses that can hold their own...JAX, NE, TB, and even KC. And now that San Diego has the right man in place you can expect more of last year where Cutler scored a total of 6pts in 2 games.

Sure call me a whiner, but I'm realistic, long run says Cutler is more like Rex Grossman than Brett Favre.

Comment

Originally posted by SDERA View Post
              Sure call me a whiner, but I'm realistic, long run says Cutler is more like Rex Grossman than Brett Favre.
              sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
              SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Working...
              X