Torain (Torn ACL) Placed On IR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torain (Torn ACL) Placed On IR

For those who has been fortunate enough to watch TD play, he is great at picking his holes and firing through it. TD also has these mini-jukes before he shoots his gaps to set up the whole.

Watch Torain in the cleveland game; Torain does the EXACT same thing. He just doesn't know how to finish the run off like TD does.

I like him

Torain looked slow as molasses out there. he doesn't hit the hole like TD did, and his cuts aren't as crisp and polished. Torain is no TD.

Comment

I'm not going to be as critical as some.... but i don't think Torrain looked anything like TD at this point. I know a lot was on his shoulders, and he was pumped up with all the expectations and hype.... but he didn't look anything like TD imo.

Comment

Originally posted by 97svtinkc View Post
        Torain looked slow as molasses out there. he doesn't hit the hole like TD did, and his cuts aren't as crisp and polished. Torain is no TD.
        I didn't state that Torain=TD. I said he resembles TD. Given time, experience, and development Torain has a lot of potential and runs in the style that TD does.

If you've ever watched a lot of TD; he wasn't blazing fast and usually makes the right cuts and waits for the right hole to open and shoots through it.

We've been used to watching speed backs for a while. Torain is going to do very well if he stays healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
          For those who has been fortunate enough to watch TD play, he is great at picking his holes and firing through it. TD also has these mini-jukes before he shoots his gaps to set up the whole.

Watch Torain in the cleveland game; Torain does the EXACT same thing. He just doesn't know how to finish the run off like TD does.

I like him
          I gotta say, I wasnt impressed with Torain at all. He looked to slow, Not that the run blocking was consistant in any way. But on the plays he made yards he had the wide open holes.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
            I'm not going to be as critical as some.... but i don't think Torrain looked anything like TD at this point. I know a lot was on his shoulders, and he was pumped up with all the expectations and hype.... but he didn't look anything like TD imo.
            12 carries. 68 yards, on 5.6ypc isn't impressive enough for you on his first start? =p

The plays that torain got stuffed wasn't his fault, the defenders were already in the backfield. But when the holes were there, he did a great job.

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
            I gotta say, I wasnt impressed with Torain at all. He looked to slow, Not that the run blocking was consistant in any way. But on the plays he made yards he had the wide open holes.
            This my opinion and observation. TD has that unique ability to make suttle jukes and cuts to make the defender hesitate for a split second; this gives TD the the chance to shoot the hole and power through. Watch Torains' 12 carries in very slow motion; you'll notice he does the same exact thing. I'm not claiming he IS TD, just resembles.

You'll see a big improvement in the future, i can bet on it
            Last edited by AyanBronco; 11-06-2008, 09:53 PM.

Comment

He showed a little promise (68 yards on only 12 Carries) tonight, but he runs way too high. He wouldn't have gotten hurt like he did with proper technique but he was standing straight up when he got hit and ended up going backward which wrenched his knee.

He also doesn't seem to have the acceleration or explosion to hit the hole hard and fast like so many other Bronco backs. You don't have to be fast to be successful in Denver, but you have to explode through the hole - the first 5 yards of your run (the ones before you reach the LOS) are the most important. He ran like a FB tonight, not like a TB. Jamal Lewis looked faster than Torain tonight.

Comment

12 carries. 68 yards, on 5.6ypc isn't impressive enough for you on his first start? =p

The plays that torain got stuffed wasn't his fault, the defenders were already in the backfield. But when the holes were there, he did a great job.
                Again.... you are looking at the stats, adn I'm looking at him play. I thought he was slow going through the holes, I wasn't overly impressed with his quickness. I wasn't blaming him at all for him being stuffed, that happens to the best in the NFL.

But before I believe him to be a very good RB, I need to see more from him. I need to see a game against a team that isn't considered as bad as Denver on Defense. I'm not going to be as bashing as those posting above with the purpose to simply to bash..... but I wasn't OVERLY impressed with him yet, and was surprised on how slow he looked.

Comment

well and now that we have a stud FB in hillis we could end up being a heck of a running team again if we could ever get healthy enough.
                  sigpic

Comment

I thought Torain looked awesome. Why all the hate? It was his second game and he looked great. Some of you are rediculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                      Again.... you are looking at the stats, adn I'm looking at him play. I thought he was slow going through the holes, I wasn't overly impressed with his quickness. I wasn't blaming him at all for him being stuffed, that happens to the best in the NFL.

But before I believe him to be a very good RB, I need to see more from him. I need to see a game against a team that isn't considered as bad as Denver on Defense. I'm not going to be as bashing as those posting above with the purpose to simply to bash..... but I wasn't OVERLY impressed with him yet, and was surprised on how slow he looked.
                      Again, my claim was never that Torain did amazing, that he is as good as TD, nor did I claim that he has incredible speed.

I'm just saying that his techniques and talents resemble that of TD; but is just horrible at finish off the plays that he gets hurt.

Keep in mind that Torain IS a rookie, his first nfl start, his first real game in years, and is coming off a broken elbow. To pull of 68yds on 5.6ypc is amazing considering the former.

Comment

Gimme a freaking break!

He's a slow as hell Chris Warren.......at best.......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                          Gimme a freaking break!

He's a slow as hell Chris Warren.......at best.......
                          Dude... if he turns into a Chris Warren, I will be THRILLED. They would even have the same NUMBER! Chris Warren was a GOOD running back in the NFL for over 10years. Thats a pretty high compliment.

Comment

Hmm?I thought he showed good burst most of the time.He also fell forward on some runs which was nice to see for a change.I thought he looked solid.Once that elbow brace is gone I can see him doing better.I like this kid so far.Any word on his knee?

Comment

I didn't state that Torain=TD. I said he resembles TD. Given time, experience, and development Torain has a lot of potential and runs in the style that TD does.

If you've ever watched a lot of TD; he wasn't blazing fast and usually makes the right cuts and waits for the right hole to open and shoots through it.

We've been used to watching speed backs for a while. Torain is going to do very well if he stays healthy.
                              he didn't even come close to "resembling" TD, in any way shape or form. period.

Torain wont even make the team next year the way we go through running backs. he'll just be another memory discarded by Shanahan.

Comment

Working...
                              X