Who Was Impressed With Torain?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Was Impressed With Torain?????

This guy was so good last night, he looked like a perfect blend of size and speed, the perfect fit for the Broncos!

He averaged 5.7 Yards Per carry last night, and he was knocked out mid-way through the second quarter! like 68 yards rushing before he got injured. I feel he left 100+ more yards on the field if he wouldn't have gotten injured.
    Absolutely, YES!!!
    80.53%
    Not at all
    19.47%

^Freyaka^

Signature Courtesy of B4Bronco6

hell yeah he is the best!!!

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

once he started rolling, he was getting chunks of 5+ and he went forward for at least 2 yards after every contact...he is the exact type of back we needed...its a shame

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
        once he started rolling, he was getting chunks of 5+ and he went forward for at least 2 yards after every contact...he is the exact type of back we needed...its a shame
        he's special....hope he bounces back quickly and easily from his injury

sigpic

Comment

I was not impressed at all with Torain.........

But i was impressed with the O-Line for making the holes to run through. If we had a healthy Selvin Young this would've been a great game for Selvin and cut back ability/ Torain, IMO was just blah and the fact that he looked like a Rookie bottom line! I saw nothing that made me even consider once that he could possibly be the next TD.

And although i do understand the fact that their will never be another TD the hype was way out of proportion. First quarter he ran right towards Willie McGinest and got stuffed, when in fact a little cut-back would've possibly gotten him 10 or more yards. So i say get Selvin healthy and him and Hillis in rotation and Larson at FB we could have a solid running game towards for remainder of the season. And we also have a few RB's on practice squad.

But Torain definitely need to practice more and yes i understand he had to crunch the gameplan. I am not questioning his preparation, but i am questioning his abilities.

Comment

Kids career is over. He has had a serious foot, elbow and knee injury all in the span of one year. I don't see how he could possibly bounce back and have a productive career now.

Comment

Originally posted by Edge View Post
              This guy was so good last night, he looked like a perfect blend of size and speed, the perfect fit for the Broncos!

He averaged 5.7 Yards Per carry last night, and he was knocked out mid-way through the second quarter! like 68 yards rushing before he got injured. I feel he left 100+ more yards on the field if he wouldn't have gotten injured.
              I agree with you. There are a lot of idiots on here that fails to see how well a rookie did having not played for a couple of years.

He did an amazing job considering his circumstances. If healthy, he has great potential to be elite

Comment

Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
                I agree with you. There are a lot of idiots on here that fails to see how well a rookie did having not played for a couple of years.

He did an amazing job considering his circumstances. If healthy, he has great potential to be elite
                12 rushes for 68 yards. Average 5.7 yards per carry. 1 TD.

He had ripped off runs of 19, 9, 7, and 7 just before he was injured.......

and to top it off, all of these stats were in the Quarter and 1/2 he played....he could've easily topped 150 yards had he not gotten injured. He's a star

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                  but i am questioning his abilities.
                  Really? Then you should learn how to view talent at the RB position. The kid was doing what all of our other RB's have failed to do so far: rip off chunks of yards! All the other stuff aside, the kid was making it happen!

By the way, if the O was opening up such HUGE holes, how come Hillis wasn't averaging close to the same YPC? If one argues it is the O-line then two backs in the same game with the same o line opening up the same HUGE holes should have at least similar YPC.

Last night and the injury to Torain is EXACTLY why Shanahan was reluctant to throw the kid in and give him 20-25 carries. He understands the risk and the risk turned out to be an ACL.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                    But i was impressed with the O-Line for making the holes to run through. If we had a healthy Selvin Young this would've been a great game for Selvin and cut back ability/ Torain, IMO was just blah and the fact that he looked like a Rookie bottom line! I saw nothing that made me even consider once that he could possibly be the next TD.

And although i do understand the fact that their will never be another TD the hype was way out of proportion. First quarter he ran right towards Willie McGinest and got stuffed, when in fact a little cut-back would've possibly gotten him 10 or more yards. So i say get Selvin healthy and him and Hillis in rotation and Larson at FB we could have a solid running game towards for remainder of the season. And we also have a few RB's on practice squad.

But Torain definitely need to practice more and yes i understand he had to crunch the gameplan. I am not questioning his preparation, but i am questioning his abilities.
                    Originally posted by getlynched47
                    ...and that's why nobody listens to you

He was outstanding, I don't know how you could take away Torain's glory...open up your eyes
                    yea dude wth?

68 yrds, 12 attempts, 5.6 YPC TD, no fumbles... all in his 1st career start...

The line was at fault for the pathetic excuse for a run game last sunday IMO. Don't get me wrong, the o-line has been outstanding this year. In the MIA game though, they failed to deliver run blocking.

And in the beginning of this game, the o-line had those same problems (guys getting to the rb 1+ yrds behind the LOS). Look at Hillis' 4th down conv. He was STOPPED almost 3 yrds short of the line, but his second effort was what got the first down. Athough the run blocking got back to normal, Torain stats IMO are to his credit more than the lines.

Just my 2 cents.
                    sigpic

:orton: ITS TIME FOR THE ORTONATER!

Comment

For me Torain dos not have the wow factor that people like Terrell Davis, LT, Adrain Peterson had as soon as either of these three touched the ball you knew something special could easliy happen with Torain he is a big back he has the ability to make yards after first contact but he just does not seem to have that wow factor i want

Highlights of TD http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RTza50...eature=related

Highlights of Adrian Peterson http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kgc8A50WqTo

Hightlights from LT http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FN44jQvLiCM

I doubt Torain could be lke these i say we keep Torain as our 3rd down/Goal line back and bring in James Davis in the draft this kid has the wow factor he just needs the right system to bring it out of him

This James Davis the next TD http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TeovxDqZYyA

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                        Really? Then you should learn how to view talent at the RB position. The kid was doing what all of our other RB's have failed to do so far: rip off chunks of yards! All the other stuff aside, the kid was making it happen!

By the way, if the O was opening up such HUGE holes, how come Hillis wasn't averaging close to the same YPC? If one argues it is the O-line then two backs in the same game with the same o line opening up the same HUGE holes should have at least similar YPC.

Last night and the injury to Torain is EXACTLY why Shanahan was reluctant to throw the kid in and give him 20-25 carries. He understands the risk and the risk turned out to be an ACL.
                        It doesn't always have anything to do with the O-line. If you have a back who is quick and light on his feet and has good vision he can find any hole or work with what hes got.
                        R.I.P Darrent Williams #27
                        R.I.P Damien Nash #29

Comment

Absolutely not at all!!! What would impress the hell out of me is if the guy could be in on more than 20 plays and not break or tear something!!! Torain is not the answer and I honestly never thought he was. We need a franchise back not a project or anymore of these Shanny hit-or-miss guys like Torain. Until then everyone enjoy the air show
                          Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies
                            Well first of to you and getlynched this thread was a yes or no poll! So because i disagree that gives you the right to hammer me and tell me.
                            First of all, I am not GetLynched so please don't group me with the guy! I am my own poster. Second, I am not hammering you, man. Sure, the question is a yes/no question. Your post however was something totally different. I simply was questioning you on your logic which you failed to address at all. It all is nothing more than simple dialogue but I guess you are a little sensitive. Lighten up it is just a discussion. NOBODY is categorically RIGHT OR WRONG.

You Both need to grow up and accept the fact that not everyone agrees with everything you little kids believe
                            Funny...you accuse us of hammering you and than retaliate by acting like the very little kid you accuse me of being

and if you don't like what i write then Don't Reply Very Simple!!!!!!!!!
                            Again....why didn't you follow your own advice? Either be man enough to stick to your post and be able to respond to criticism of it or just keep with the BS!

And as far as the stats go Cutler was 7 for 28 yards so what does that tell you? Tells me that the RB couldn't get it done and the Leader had to step up and show them how to do it!
                            Cutler's biggest run came after Torain was out. Again, why didn't you just address my post as I wrote it. I am simply questioning your logic. I am just curious how it all was the O line when Torain was out but the same O line couldn't open up holes for 9 yard gains for Hillis?

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                              First of all, I am not GetLynched so please don't group me with the guy! I am my own poster. Second, I am not hammering you, man. Sure, the question is a yes/no question. Your post however was something totally different. I simply was questioning you on your logic which you failed to address at all. It all is nothing more than simple dialogue but I guess you are a little sensitive. Lighten up it is just a discussion. NOBODY is categorically RIGHT OR WRONG.

Funny...you accuse us of hammering you and than retaliate by acting like the very little kid you accuse me of being

Again....why didn't you follow your own advice? Either be man enough to stick to your post and be able to respond to criticism of it or just keep with the BS!

Cutler's biggest run came after Torain was out. Again, why didn't you just address my post as I wrote it. I am simply questioning your logic. I am just curious how it all was the O line when Torain was out but the same O line couldn't open up holes for 9 yard gains for Hillis?
                              I guess it's hard for some to people to understand what the word "discussion" means. It means to discuss. It does not mean "Opinion" Forum.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                              X