Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Marshall AND Royal make the Pro Bowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Marshall AND Royal make the Pro Bowl?

Now granted the stats are inflated because we've played 1 more game than everybody else, but my main argument is that Royal's stats aren't that far behind Marshall's:

Rec:
    Marshall - 57 (3rd in AFC)
    Royal - 52 (5th in AFC)

Yds:
    Marshall - 714 (2nd in AFC)
    Royal - 625 (4th in AFC)

TD:
    Marshall - 4 (T-2nd in AFC)
    Royal - 4 (T-2nd in AFC)

Catches of 20+ yards:
    Marshall - 9 (2nd in AFC)
    Royal - 7 (T-4th in AFC)

Now again these stats are inflated since our WR's have played one more game. But if Marshall is a clear-cut Pro Bowl choice, then Royal is at worst a serious contender, at least by the numbers. Name recognition alone from some other guys might prevent him from making it, though.
    sigpicthanks Freyaka

if we make the playoffs cutler marshall royal and at least 1 offensive linemen are lockins for the pro blowl

Comment

maybe but its just a popularity contenst so we will see.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
        if we make the playoffs cutler marshall royal and at least 1 offensive linemen are lockins for the pro blowl
        Aren't probowl decisions made before the playoffs?

sigpic
        \

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
          maybe but its just a popularity contenst so we will see.
          Only a percentage of Pro-Bowl selections is based on the fan voting.
          sigpic

Comment

Possibly. I think Royal has a good chance of maybe making it as a returner also. If he get's a return touchdown or two he should be considered. We saw how close he was against Miami
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
              Now granted the stats are inflated because we've played 1 more game than everybody else, but my main argument is that Royal's stats aren't that far behind Marshall's:

Rec:
              Royal - 52 (5th in AFC)

Yds:
              Royal - 625 (4th in AFC)

TD:
              Royal - 4 (T-2nd in AFC)

Catches of 20+ yards:
              Royal - 7 (T-4th in AFC)

Now again these stats are inflated since our WR's have played one more game. But if Marshall is a clear-cut Pro Bowl choice, then Royal is at worst a serious contender, at least by the numbers. Name recognition alone from some other guys might prevent him from making it, though.
              Actually their stats are not inflated. Marsh missed a game with a suspension and Royal with an injury...

The Future

NBA's Greatest Player Ever

Comment

These stats are awesome I had no idea about this, unfortunately the East coast bias doesn't quite stretch to the rockies

Comment

yes they both could, but I don't think it will happen. It is very difficult for broncos to get recognition
                  if man is 5 and jay cutler is 6 then that must make john elway 7

Comment

yeah.........the Rookie of the Year ALWAYS goes to the pro-bowl

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post

Rec:
                      Royal - 52 (5th in AFC)

Yds:
                      Royal - 625 (4th in AFC)

TD:
                      Royal - 4 (T-2nd in AFC)

Catches of 20+ yards:
                      Royal - 7 (T-4th in AFC)

They missed a game each so the stats really aren't inflated
                      Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Marshall probably. But I'd be surprised if Royal made it. Not because he doesn't deserve it, but because veteran "names" are hard to beat out.

Look at John Lynch. Statisticaly, he shouldn't have made those last two pro-bowls. But his name, and previous seasons carried him to a couple
                        more.

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
                          Marshall probably. But I'd be surprised if Royal made it. Not because he doesn't deserve it, but because veteran "names" are hard to beat out.

Look at John Lynch. Statisticaly, he shouldn't have made those last two pro-bowls. But his name, and previous seasons carried him to a couple
                          more.
                          the rookie of the year always goes to the Pro-Bowl :thumb:

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Aija View Post
                            They missed a game each so the stats really aren't inflated
                            That is a great point that I didn't think of! It does make it a bit more impressive, but still after this week their rankings will drop a bit.
                            sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Hopefully Clady will get some recognition with a trip to the Pro-Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                              X