Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Marshall AND Royal make the Pro Bowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DenBroFan22
    replied
    I'm not sure about Royal but Marshall should def. make the pro bowl. As well as Tony Sheffleir as TE. He is having a better year than Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzales.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
    The way I see it, in the AFC right now Cutler and Rivers are the leaders, and several guys are competing for the third spot: Favre, Roethlisberger, Manning, Edwards, Schaub. Unless he completely tanks, I don't see how Cutler won't make it.
    Cutler wont make it cause he hasnt played that well in 5 games. He has ok stats. But manning and Ben make it on name alone, and I think that Farve has the inside track just cause of name. Rivers and Cutler fate is in the teams hands. The winner of the division has a chance. My dark horse is Edwards is my dark horse.... But to earn his spot they have to knock off the PATS

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFan0226 View Post
    You say Manning is a shoe in, but honestly he may only make it becuz of his popularity, he hasnt played well this year
    You are right but manning has earned a little favoritism

Leave a comment:

• Broncos724
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    It all depends on thier team. If denver continues thier current slide Losing (4 of 6) I think that they send 2 (Champ, and Clady), but if they can turn it around and finish strong I can see Marshall getting in. Royal wont, and Cotler wont unless there is an injury. There are to many QB's having better seasons, on better teams. Plus Manning, and Big Ben are shoo ins that only leaves one spot left
    The way I see it, in the AFC right now Cutler and Rivers are the leaders, and several guys are competing for the third spot: Favre, Roethlisberger, Manning, Edwards, Schaub. Unless he completely tanks, I don't see how Cutler won't make it.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFan0226
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    It all depends on thier team. If denver continues thier current slide Losing (4 of 6) I think that they send 2 (Champ, and Clady), but if they can turn it around and finish strong I can see Marshall getting in. Royal wont, and Cotler wont unless there is an injury. There are to many QB's having better seasons, on better teams. Plus Manning, and Big Ben are shoo ins that only leaves one spot left
    You say Manning is a shoe in, but honestly he may only make it becuz of his popularity, he hasnt played well this year

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SlyBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Exactly... their numbers aren't necessarily inflated against stats/game played (of course others may have missed as well) but they are definitely inflated against where they will be after Sun/Mon games.
    The averages wont be inflated, just the totals. I didnt look at the stats so I dont know if he mentioned averages or totals.

Leave a comment:

• AznBroncoFan
    replied
    Rookie WR's don't usually make probowls unless they're beasts like Randy Moss when he first entered the league.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    That is a great point that I didn't think of! It does make it a bit more impressive, but still after this week their rankings will drop a bit.
    Exactly... their numbers aren't necessarily inflated against stats/game played (of course others may have missed as well) but they are definitely inflated against where they will be after Sun/Mon games.

Leave a comment:

• RxDx
    replied
    Hopefully Clady will get some recognition with a trip to the Pro-Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos724
    replied
    Originally posted by Aija View Post
    They missed a game each so the stats really aren't inflated
    That is a great point that I didn't think of! It does make it a bit more impressive, but still after this week their rankings will drop a bit.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
    Marshall probably. But I'd be surprised if Royal made it. Not because he doesn't deserve it, but because veteran "names" are hard to beat out.

Look at John Lynch. Statisticaly, he shouldn't have made those last two pro-bowls. But his name, and previous seasons carried him to a couple
    more.
    the rookie of the year always goes to the Pro-Bowl :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• cadencesdad
    replied
    Marshall probably. But I'd be surprised if Royal made it. Not because he doesn't deserve it, but because veteran "names" are hard to beat out.

Look at John Lynch. Statisticaly, he shouldn't have made those last two pro-bowls. But his name, and previous seasons carried him to a couple
    more.

Leave a comment:

• Aija
    replied
    Now granted the stats are inflated because we've played 1 more game than everybody else, but my main argument is that Royal's stats aren't that far behind Marshall's:

Rec:
    Marshall - 57 (3rd in AFC)
    Royal - 52 (5th in AFC)

Yds:
    Marshall - 714 (2nd in AFC)
    Royal - 625 (4th in AFC)

TD:
    Marshall - 4 (T-2nd in AFC)
    Royal - 4 (T-2nd in AFC)

Catches of 20+ yards:
    Marshall - 9 (2nd in AFC)
    Royal - 7 (T-4th in AFC)

Now again these stats are inflated since our WR's have played one more game. But if Marshall is a clear-cut Pro Bowl choice, then Royal is at worst a serious contender, at least by the numbers. Name recognition alone from some other guys might prevent him from making it, though.
    They missed a game each so the stats really aren't inflated

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    yeah.........the Rookie of the Year ALWAYS goes to the pro-bowl

Leave a comment:

Working...
X