Clinton Portis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koronin
    I like the Guarantees, turn up the heat a bit.

But, Even Portis is under the delusion that KC beat them because of the Dante return, amazing.
    Hey, are you claiming that his return was NOT the key to KC's victory? (I'm not even discussing the legality of it) The Chiefs were down by 6 points and struggling to put drives together most of the day. If Dante doesn't return it, regardless of penalties, the Chiefs have the ball on the 7 yardline because of the fair catch Dante should have made. The Broncos most likely get the ball back in good field position and are playing with a lead instead of coming from behind.

The odds were greatly in Denver's favor at the point. Were the Broncos guaranteed a win if Dante doesn't return it? No, but it was very likely.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Absolutely I am.

Denver has 1st and goal from the 5 yard line and failed to get a TD. They get a TD and the punt return is irrelevant.

Originally posted by Javalon
      Hey, are you claiming that his return was NOT the key to KC's victory? (I'm not even discussing the legality of it) The Chiefs were down by 6 points and struggling to put drives together most of the day. If Dante doesn't return it, regardless of penalties, the Chiefs have the ball on the 7 yardline because of the fair catch Dante should have made. The Broncos most likely get the ball back in good field position and are playing with a lead instead of coming from behind.

The odds were greatly in Denver's favor at the point. Were the Broncos guaranteed a win if Dante doesn't return it? No, but it was very likely.

Comment

Re: Idiots who guarantee wins

Originally posted by LLChiefsFan
        Clinton Portis was on the Best Damn Sports. When asked if anybody could beat the Chiefs, Portis replied right way saying - "Yes Broncos can. Broncos almost beat them last time, its Hall who helped them to pull a victory against us." When asked if he guarantees that victory, he came up and says "YES I GUARANTEE".

I know Kennison said something similar but there are two differences:
        1. Kennison made his comments in the locker room after practice and after being barraged by reporters about this and that.
        2. Kennison made his comments on local TV; the national media got their feeds from the locals.

As for Portis:
        1. He was sitting back relaxing on a talk show. He had plenty of time to think about what he was going to say and still made himself look like a jerk.
        2. He was on National TV.

The things both of these guys have in common are they are both idiots, and neither one of them have a clue on how to conduct themselves in public. Kennison mouths off and people can hear some of his stupid comments and Portis mouths off but since he mumbles all the time you don’t have a real clue of what he is saying.
        Wait a second... Have you forgotten what Kennison said???

He bad mouthed our coach.
        He bad mouthed John Elway.
        He bad mouthed the Bronco Organization.
        He bad mouthed our team.

Portis just said what Sports Illustrated said, and he guaranteed a win.

Is there any comparison???

Oh course not.

Eddie is a jerk plain and simple and should have his lunch handed to him because he is an AVERAGE receiver that shot off his BIG MOUTH.
        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Re: Idiots who guarantee wins

Clinton Portis was on the Best Damn Sports. When asked if anybody could beat the Chiefs, Portis replied right way saying - "Yes Broncos can. Broncos almost beat them last time, its Hall who helped them to pull a victory against us." When asked if he guarantees that victory, he came up and says "YES I GUARANTEE".

I know Kennison said something similar but there are two differences:
          1. Kennison made his comments in the locker room after practice and after being barraged by reporters about this and that.
          2. Kennison made his comments on local TV; the national media got their feeds from the locals.

As for Portis:
          1. He was sitting back relaxing on a talk show. He had plenty of time to think about what he was going to say and still made himself look like a jerk.
          2. He was on National TV.

The things both of these guys have in common are they are both idiots, and neither one of them have a clue on how to conduct themselves in public. Kennison mouths off and people can hear some of his stupid comments and Portis mouths off but since he mumbles all the time you don’t have a real clue of what he is saying.
          okay let's get this straight. have you ever heard of the word called ''FAITH''? have u ever heard of a person being optimistic? apparently you haven't theirs nothing wrong w/ him saying that DENVER is going to beat kansas. you voiced your opinion about what you thought of him being a JERK. but it's wrong for him to voice his opinion about DENVER winning the game on sunday. what's wrong with that? i guess you are the only person who can voice an opinion
          I'm Such A Lady

Comment

Kennison said. "Why do you think John Elway left? John Elway didn't like that guy.

broncos4ever,
            He never badmouthed Elway. He said he "Why do you think John Elway left? John Elway didn't like that guy.” that is not bad mouthing it maybe putting words into his mouth but not badmouthing. Bad mouthing would be like Elway was sucking up to Shanahan every chance he got. That wasn’t said.

He played for your coach; he has to right to say what he wants about a former boss. Haven’t you? Besides I don’t believe any of these posters have ever played for Shanahan and they bad mouth him from time to time.

He didn’t badmouth the organization unless Shanahan is YOUR organization. I thought Bowlin owned them.

He badmouthed your team and team members from the Broncos have badmouthed the Chiefs, the Raiders and many others. So get over it. He didn’t badmouth you or your family did he?

neisha26 the wanta be Portis Groupie
            Your right there is nothing wrong with pride in your team but you guys are the one upset with Kennisons comments didn’t he just say and show the same pride for his current team. "They better get ready," Kennison said. "We're the best team in the NFL right now. They better understand that. They better respect it." isn’t that pride in your team, or since he isn’t a Bronco its different.
            Never take life seriously.
            Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Everyone knows in Denver that John Elway had a great relationship with Mike Shanahan and does to this day. Eddie did not even play with John Elway.

Secondly how stupid can you get in saying something about your former coach on T.V.??? How do you think Vermiel feels when he said Eddie had a "sore throat" that is the reason why he was not practicing. If I say things about my boss, you better believe it is not going to go on national T.V.

Thirdly when Eddie bad mouthed Shanahan he said that everyone was sucking up to Shanahan therefore bad mouthing the entire organization.

How long do you think a man or woman would keep a job if they did that in the "real" world. You can't say things like that on public TV and expect to have respect of others.

I will guarantee you Kennison has lost respect of many players and coaches for those comments he just made and it will affect him for years.

Comment

broncos4ever,

I agree he probably lost a lot of respect from some of his coworkers and your right TV is not the best spot to vent your frustrations but like I said earlier these guys are idiots. I will back players on the team I root for just like I have seen folks here back players on Denvers team. Mike Anderson and Romo to name a few. I may not like this guy or like what he did but I am not going to shun him, he is still a KC Chief and until he leaves I probably always will, unless he makes a habit of it.

This is the first time in 3 years he has ever vented so I will give him the benefit of the doubt, like Trent Green said: “I support Eddie. I wouldn’t have done it that way but everyone has their own way of doing things. Me personally, I wouldn’t have done it. He said what he said and I know he means it. He’s very strong about what he said and I think a lot of it was played on the emotion-card.”
                Never take life seriously.
                Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

broncos4ever,

I agree he probably lost a lot of respect from some of his coworkers and your right TV is not the best spot to vent your frustrations but like I said earlier these guys are idiots. I will back players on the team I root for just like I have seen folks here back players on Denvers team. Mike Anderson and Romo to name a few. I may not like this guy or like what he did but I am not going to shun him, he is still a KC Chief and until he leaves I probably always will, unless he makes a habit of it.

This is the first time in 3 years he has ever vented so I will give him the benefit of the doubt, like Trent Green said: “I support Eddie. I wouldn’t have done it that way but everyone has their own way of doing things. Me personally, I wouldn’t have done it. He said what he said and I know he means it. He’s very strong about what he said and I think a lot of it was played on the emotion-card.”

I can respect you for backing your team, I do the same.

It will be a good game Sunday. May the best team win... If we are not the BEST TEAM we do not deserve to win.

It will be all be over soon!!!

Comment

My Guarantee...

I Guarantee that if they televise "The Game" in my viewing area that there will be a certain lil' "Cajun in training" getting loaded on Bourbon and Coke come Sunday !!!

Hmmm.... come to think of it, I might need to do a dry run ( no pun intended ) Tonite and Saturday in preparation of the upcoming win.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                    ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Take Portis's word on this

He GUARANTEE'S 45 carries, 200 yards.. haha I love CP, he's a character...
                      fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

hey it could happen...especially against the chiefs since i believe our running game will be swell:p

Comment

you never know what will happen i hope he does so.
                          I'm Such A Lady

Comment

Thats a lotta carries for small back

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                              I will guarantee you Kennison has lost respect of many players and coaches for those comments he just made and it will affect him for years.
                              I think to lose respect, you have to have some first.
                              Thanks for the memories, Ed.
                              Can't wait for playoff time!

Comment

Working...
                              X