Wesley Woodyard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wesley Woodyard

I just now am finding out that Wesley Woodyard had 10 solo tackles thursday night? What i want to know is was he an animal making plays all over the field? or did he just happen to be in the right place at the right time?

Originally posted by phanofsports17 View Post
    I just now am finding out that Wesley Woodyard had 10 solo tackles thursday night? What i want to know is was he an animal making plays all over the field? or did he just happen to be in the right place at the right time?
    It was a combonation of both. He made some nice solo stops behind the line, and really just has a knack for being around the ball carrier.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

He played a very good game from what I saw.
      Yo

Comment

Unpolished, but great. Woodyard is an uncut diamond that should be brilliant by the end of this year(if given reps) or next year.

Comment

I think he already is our 2nd best linebacker.
          sigpic

Comment

Is Woodyard undersized? For some reason I had that notion in my head, but I saw him on TV and it looked like he has typical size, but I may be wrong...
            sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Yes, he has the size of a big strong safety but that's the case for several linebackers. What matters is if he can make plays, and we saw he can. At least he is not "underskilled".
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                I think he already is our 2nd best linebacker.
                Agreed. D.J. is #1 and Woodyard is #2... Bailey would have been #2 if he wasn't getting hurt all the time.

Comment

I agree, Woodyard is one of those guys that always seems to be near the ball carrier and he knows how to split blockers. He's only going to get better, I think we have a great LB for years to come as long as he gets his shot. Pair DJ, "Laying the Woodyard" and a MLB from this year's draft, and we're gonna have the LB corps that we were once known for.

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
                    Unpolished, but great. Woodyard is an uncut diamond that should be brilliant by the end of this year(if given reps) or next year.
                    I think that this post sums it up. His tackling technique is not the best, and he does over pursue but the thing about him is that he is always around the ball and even when he looks to be beat he makes a tackle. With some coaching this guy will be a solid player. It's going to be interesting to see what happens when DJ comes back.
                    Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

I've liked Woodyard from OTAs; it'll be worth experimenting Woodyard (ST), Larsen (MLB) and D.J. (WLB) later in the season.

keep the youth movement going
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atl-bronco View Post
                        I've liked Woodyard from OTAs; it'll be worth experimenting Woodyard (ST), Larsen (MLB) and D.J. (WLB) later in the season.

keep the youth movement going
                        This could be very possible because Larsen is gonna see some playing time in Atlanta!
                        I am a Moss lover

Comment

I would love to see our playoff run end with the linebackers being DJ, Nate and Woodyard. I really really really want us to draft Brandon Spikes in the first round next year. Then hopefully Boss Bailey comes back strong, and we would have a solid group of LBs if you ask me.
                          New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                            I would love to see our playoff run end with the linebackers being DJ, Nate and Woodyard. I really really really want us to draft Brandon Spikes in the first round next year. Then hopefully Boss Bailey comes back strong, and we would have a solid group of LBs if you ask me.

AMEN! Spikes can cover! He would be perfect for our system.

If we could grab MACK... get our franchise center, to go with our book end tackles and Kuper... We fill-out Cutler's O-line.

I really want Mack and Spikes... Do whatever to draft those two and we'll be ready to roll! NOW, if we grab OGHO-OH-NO-baase from UNC... Draft those 3... What a first day that would be!

Comment

Woodyard played really well in the game. I don't think it was a fluke, I just think he's good. But Winborn and Green played well also.

Comment

Working...
                              X