Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutlerfan
    replied
    Jamie is a good player. Jamie like Wesley both led the SEC in tackles.

Say what you will about Jamie but his motor is always going and he has a pulse unlike some of our defense!

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by Birdbrain View Post
    That's why I was a little surprised you were playing him at LB.Are you set at the safety position?Seemed like he had good enough speed.
    There was a lot of people around here that thought he should be moved to safety, unfortunately the Broncos make those decisions and they have no problem with undersized players.

The smaller and weaker (and mouthier) the better.......

Leave a comment:

• Birdbrain
    replied
    That's why I was a little surprised you were playing him at LB.Are you set at the safety position?Seemed like he had good enough speed.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    He wasn't drafted because he can't stay above 212lb's.......

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    No doubt, he is an awesome talent. That's interesting because after Clady and Royal (1st round and 2nd round), our most promising rookies have been Hillis and Woodyard (7th round and undrafted college free agent). We could also mention Larsen since he is a ST beast but I believe we are wasting his talent by using him as fullback.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 11-13-2008, 01:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Birdbrain
    replied
    He's a keeper.I used to watch him play at KY a good bit.Aptly named.Always around the ball.Hard to believe nobody drafted him.Figured he'd make a killer safety.Looking forward to seeing him play.

Leave a comment:

• d-bronx42
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    He is a play maker but he is getting the bad habit from our defense. Every play ends in stupid celebration. And a teammate already said he has a goofy personality, he likes to be funny. I wish he could follow the example of Eddie Royal, Ryan Clady, Peyton Hillis. They are making plays all over the field but never lose focus by celebrating each successful play. I know defense needs confidence and intimidation, but too much dancing and taunting won't help, specially when you look at our bad defense that needs more focus from its players.
    Woodyard has been like that since he was at kentucky. I watched him a lot in college and he has always been excited like that after he makes a big play. He basically has a signature move he usually does and it looks something like this....

I for one love it. Unlike Winborn who does it basically after every tackle he makes, Wesley only celebrates after he actually makes a big play.

Were looking at a future beast people. This was my 3rd favorite guy we got in the draft besides Clady & Royal of course.

Leave a comment:

• BrandonMarshall
    replied
    He is pretty awesome...

:salute!:

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    He is a playmaker but he is getting the bad habit from our defense. Every play ends in stupid celebration. And a teammate already said he has a goofy personality, he likes to be funny. I wish he could follow the example of Eddie Royal, Ryan Clady, Peyton Hillis. They are making plays all over the field but never lose focus by celebrating each successful play. I know defense needs confidence and intimidation, but too much dancing and taunting won't help, specially when you look at our bad defense that needs more focus from its players.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Woodyard started to act like Winborn after a while too.......

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Wesley Woodyard!!

This guy is one of the most underrated player Denver has. I saw him play in the preseason games and thought this dude was lights out. He was everywhere on the field making plays. Even though the man is under sized listed at 230lbs the man continues to make plays. He got the strength and he's got the speed that Denver is known for having at LB position. If denver continues to go in a 3-4 defense he should def be one of the starters. He got the attitude and big play ability to spark our defense, and looks like he could grow into one of denver leaders on the field. IM not a big fan of Winborn. yes he got the most tackles during our last game but even when the other team just got a first down he would get up and do that queer celebration. Every freakin play he would celebrate.
    "
    Let me know how you guys feel about this. Agree/ Disagree?

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
    Is Woodyard undersized? For some reason I had that notion in my head, but I saw him on TV and it looked like he has typical size, but I may be wrong...
    He had trouble keeping weight on in college, but maybe things are improving for him now.

He is the real deal. The guy has amazing speed for a linebacker. Seeing him fly around and get to the ball reminded me a lot of John Mobley.

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cire72 View Post
    With the LB's we have wouldn't it be possible to Draft for a 3-4 system? Get a Huge NT in the early rounds and maybe a good DE to go with Doom.

Setup something like Doom----Huge NT----Other DE
    Moss/Bailey---Larsen/Webster----D.J.----Woodyard.

Just a thought. Seems like our LB's have always been good/great why not try and get the best players on the field? Also would probably be easier to find 2 D-linemen then 3 from the draft.

Any draft guru's out there have players they would suggest? I also know saftey is a big need for us.
    no our OLBs would be WAY too small to play the 3-4 on a constant basis

Leave a comment:

• Cire72
    replied
    With the LB's we have wouldn't it be possible to Draft for a 3-4 system? Get a Huge NT in the early rounds and maybe a good DE to go with Doom.

Setup something like Doom----Huge NT----Other DE
    Moss/Bailey---Larsen/Webster----D.J.----Woodyard.

Just a thought. Seems like our LB's have always been good/great why not try and get the best players on the field? Also would probably be easier to find 2 D-linemen then 3 from the draft.

Any draft guru's out there have players they would suggest? I also know saftey is a big need for us.

Leave a comment:

• berlownacyo7s
    replied
    Woodyard played really well in the game. I don't think it was a fluke, I just think he's good. But Winborn and Green played well also.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X