Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we, who we thought we were?

Huh? Huh?

Let's get this time line going of the season thus far.

Week 1: After a blowout over Oakland, IN Oakland everyone was convinced we would win the west.

Week 2: Quite possibly the most controversial call of the year happened against SD. But we still came out on top despite blowing them out in the first half.

Week 3: Yet another nail biting win thanks to Automatica Gramatica and the Saints. 34-32, questions about the defense being in trouble begin to surface around this time, however we look ahead to what is to come...and a sure fire win.

Week 4: At Kansas City, this day lives in infamy so far this year as quite possibly the lowest moment of the season. You thought it, I thought it, we all thought that we SHOULD win that game going into it. I said it myself to my dad's co-worker who runs a Pick Em League, I chose Denver as my sure fire win, but what I said still stings to this day "I may regret this, especially given our history at Arrowhead." Well, I was right, of all times to be right it was that week.

Week 5: A narrow win over Tampa. I missed the first quarter of this game because Fox screwed up (yes I live in Denver). Questions about our OFFENSE start to arise, our D played great yet we weren't putting up the astronomical numbers from a couple weeks ago.

Week 6: A game we should have won, no doubt about it. We had victory in our grasp, yet we let go. Great win for Jax no doubt. But crushing for us, as it was mired in penalties that seemed to have been Karma from earlier in the year.

Week 7: Careful where you step. We figured we should have won, but miraculously Andre Hall tried to carry the ball with no hands. It failed with results. Cutler got hurt, and Ramsey got hurt (then placed on IR) on the one drive he's played in all year. Go Ramsey. Trouble in Bronco Land, people started hitting the panic button and wrote off the season.

Week 8: A Miami win. Denver shut down their BS Middle School offense, yet karma struck again. The Refs handed them a win just as they did for us against SD. More panic in Denver.

Week 9: The true debut of our savior Torain, only for him to be placed on IR as well. A terrible, atrocious beginning to the game as a team (Thanks Rav) was erased by the 2nd half heroics and a career day by Jay. Now we are back in contention.

Week 10: Talk of teams over looking us, as well as their fan base. Questions of who will be our next Back in line, and if Cutler can carry this team to the playoffs.

Clearly, it has been a roller coaster of emotions thus far. So what do you think? Are we still destined to fail, falling flat on our face once again? Or will we fall flat on our face in the playoffs if we make it?

How have your thoughts of this team changed since Week 1? I'm sure if we drew a graph of your confidence in the team, it would be up, and down. Just as mine. I would draw one, but I am waaaaaaaaaaay too lazy for that right now.

If you don't get the poll...

Best sig ever is back too
    We ARE who we thought we were!
    21.43%
    They let us off the hook!
    14.29%
    Eh, we're ok.
    42.86%
    *slam podium*
    7.14%
    *storm out of room*
    14.29%
    Last edited by str8jacket; 11-09-2008, 08:05 PM.

I think we'll find out who we really are next Sunday in ATL.

Win and we go to the playoffs... lose and we are done.

Comment

Atrocious beginning to the game??? he had 120 yrds in the first quarter against Cleveland. Lets not exaggerate the game Jeeeez. Sometimes I wonder if you guys watch the same game. I guess it depends on what lens you put in your glasses before the game starts.

But no. We are not the team I thought we would be. I thought the defense would be improved over last season, and its not. Even with what appeared to be upgrades at certain positions... and the removal of a defensive scheme that I thought was... well.... ATROCIOUS .... we are absolutely "horrendously pathetic."

I guessed to be a 10-6 team, and see us ending the season with 6-10.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
        I think we'll find out who we really are next Sunday in ATL.

Win and we go to the playoffs... lose and we are done.
        I don't see us making a whole lot of noise the rest of the year. Our run game has been abysmal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          Atrocious beginning to the game??? he had 120 yrds in the first quarter against Cleveland. Lets not exaggerate the game Jeeeez. Sometimes I wonder if you guys watch the same game. I guess it depends on what lens you put in your glasses before the game starts.

But no. We are not the team I thought we would be. I thought the defense would be improved over last season, and its not. Even with what appeared to be upgrades at certain positions... and the removal of a defensive scheme that I thought was... well.... ATROCIOUS .... we are absolutely "horrendously pathetic."

I guessed to be a 10-6 team, and see us ending the season with 6-10.
          I felt as though, he played......eh. Not great. Atrocious was not the best choice of words for his play, however as a team effort...yeah. I guess I'm still jaded from watching Winborn do his stupid dance after every tackle which came after a 6 yard gain.

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
            I don't see us making a whole lot of noise the rest of the year. Our run game has been abysmal.
            The rungame really hadnt been that bad prior to the NE game. At that point we had the 12th most yards, despite being 18th in attempts per game. Against NE we fell behind early, and the urn game suffered. Miami came out and straight up stuffed us. Cleveland wasnt doing such a great job containing Torain, before he got hurt.

Now of course, the running game will probably suffer a lot with the amount of injuires we have to backs.
            sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
            SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
              The rungame really hadnt been that bad prior to the NE game. At that point we had the 12th most yards, despite being 18th in attempts per game. Against NE we fell behind early, and the urn game suffered. Miami came out and straight up stuffed us. Cleveland wasnt doing such a great job containing Torain, before he got hurt.

Now of course, the running game will probably suffer a lot with the amount of injuires we have to backs.
              I love stats like a fat kid loves cake.

We have had only one game where a person has reached 100+ rushing yards and that was Pittman against Jax.

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post

All good points. Our running game hasn't been GREAT all season, but it hadn't been aweful when we had a healthy backfield. Pittman was getting the job done, in the short yardage and goal line. When we had Young and Pittman, the run game was pretty decent.... but again not great.

As you said.. before our ONLY RB went down in the Cleveland game, he already had 68 yrds on 12 carries.

Nice points.....

Comment

We have had only one game where a person has reached 100+ rushing yards and that was Pittman against Jax.
                  But we had enough of a running game to help the pass...... when healthy. Seems that once Young went out of the lineup with injury, our run game faltered in a hurry. Pittman did great filling in for a game, but then.... we faced Miami. After that, obviously everything went down hill with injuries. Again, we weren't great... but we weren't horrendous either.

There really is an in-between.

Comment

All good points. Our running game hasn't been GREAT all season, but it hadn't been aweful when we had a healthy backfield. Pittman was getting the job done, in the short yardage and goal line. When we had Young and Pittman, the run game was pretty decent.... but again not great.

As you said.. before our ONLY RB went down in the Cleveland game, he already had 68 yrds on 12 carries.

Nice points.....
                    We are 18th in the league in running the ball, as opposed to our yearly dominance at running the ball. Granted, it wasn't AWFUL the whole year (like I think it will be for the remainder) past years compared to this you notice somethins up. Lack of talent up front, lack of talent in the back, or maybe bad game planning.

I'm not sure. But it surely isn't what I'm used to seeing, even with a healthy backfield (current personnel)

Comment

But we had enough of a running game to help the pass...... when healthy. Seems that once Young went out of the lineup with injury, our run game faltered in a hurry. Pittman did great filling in for a game, but then.... we faced Miami. After that, obviously everything went down hill with injuries. Again, we weren't great... but we weren't horrendous either.

There really is an in-between.
                      I agree, the run HAS complimented the pass nicely. However Here is what gets me.

We have pigmys on the O-Line compared to alot of teams, outside of Clady, and Harris has played better than I thought he would. Our system for these guys is so we can have an effective running game. So if you go ahead, and begin to pass more, shouldn't you scrap the entire system and add beef?

Comment

We are 18th in the league in running the ball, as opposed to our yearly dominance at running the ball. Granted, it wasn't AWFUL the whole year (like I think it will be for the remainder) past years compared to this you notice somethins up. Lack of talent up front, lack of talent in the back, or maybe bad game planning.

I'm not sure. But it surely isn't what I'm used to seeing, even with a healthy backfield (current personnel)
                        I don't think we have a lack of talent up front... no reason to believe that for a moment.... and we CERTAINLY have had some of the least amount of talent in the backfield this year than in MANY years in the past. From top to bottom....it was a flatout weak RB team from the start.

But I still don't think we spend a top round pick on a RB..... despite this fact... when we have SOOOOO many other positions that need upgraded on defense.

Comment

I agree, the run HAS complimented the pass nicely. However Here is what gets me.

We have pigmys on the O-Line compared to alot of teams, outside of Clady, and Harris has played better than I thought he would. Our system for these guys is so we can have an effective running game. So if you go ahead, and begin to pass more, shouldn't you scrap the entire system and add beef?
                          We have been FINE on our goal line offense this year. We haven't struggled like last year. We have been pushed around on the DL, not the OL. So until I see a reason to add some different OL... I don't say scrap ANYTHING that has been successful.

Comment

So? As a team, we had rushed for over a hundred yards in every game prior to that except against KC. We also rushed for over a hundred against the Browns.

We moved to a time share. Noone as going to rush for over 100 when three backs were each getting about a third of the carries, and the offense was hucking it to Marshall and Royal and Scheff and Stokely.
                            sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                            SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Well... if we beat ATL... I doubt we lose at home to OAK & KC... Right there, DEN gets to 8-4. Could we possibly win a game in NY or CAR? Probably not... BUT, we could beat BUF at home.

I see us going 9-7.

Comment

Working...
                              X