Belichick mentions Eddie Royal in Press Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belichick mentions Eddie Royal in Press Conference

I was going through the post-game press conference from the Patriots/Bills game and saw this. Just thought it was interesting, especially with the company that Eddie is mentioned with:

To rephrase that question - to keep [Lee Evans] away from that 65 yard, 2 play drives?
    Again we try to do that every week. We don't go into any week and say, 'we don't care if this guy gets a couple 65-yarders on him.' We never want that to happen but you have to know who those guys are whether it's Evans, [Reggie] Wayne, [Fred] Jackson or [Eddie] Royal. Those guys you have to know where they are because they are a lot more likely to get it than some other guys that are out there. But they are a good offense, they have good skill players and it's hard to load up on one without letting the other guys kill you, so everybody has to do their job.
    Might have someone's vote for AFC ORoY, it's great to have two very strong offensive candidates for Rookie of the Year.
    I am Ian from BroncoTalk.net
    Official Member of Team:
    Champ Bailey and Lance Ball.

Hate to burst your bubble, but he very well might've been referring to Robert Royal...
    sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Sorry, Chris Johnson probably will (and should) win ROTY in the AFC. Dude is a beast with how Tenn uses him.

Comment

this offensive rookie class has been DEEP..

Matt Ryan is going to win ROY IMO..but then you have Chris Johnson, Royal, Clady, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte among others..

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
          Sorry, Chris Johnson probably will (and should) win ROTY in the AFC. Dude is a beast with how Tenn uses him.
          i dont know he had 8 yards today

but yes it will be between royal, johnson and ryan IMO

and both have a head start on Royal in terms of what they are doing for their team

Ryan took over a terrible team and has made them at the very least respectable and the titans are still unbeaten
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

Ryans won it already. QBs get more love than rbs and wrs. Did you see him throw today? He's pretty damn good and will score 3 tds vs. our defense next week.

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
              i dont know he had 8 yards today

but yes it will be between royal, johnson and ryan IMO

and both have a head start on Royal in terms of what they are doing for their team

Ryan took over a terrible team and has made them at the very least respectable and the titans are still unbeaten
              Yeah and Royal had what? 11 yards against the Saints?

Comment

Royal isn't going to win the ROY award... not when you have Matt Ryan playing the hardest position in professional sports... on a team that was DESTROYED by the QB turmoil last year.... and playing it well. He has it hands down. Flacco would be coming in a distant second.....

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
                  Hate to burst your bubble, but he very well might've been referring to Robert Royal...
                  Who??? In the context of the sentence, I'm pretty sure it was referring to Eddie, especially since they played us this season thus would have been watching the game tapes on our offense and would know the names of those kind of players.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                    Royal isn't going to win the ROY award... not when you have Matt Ryan playing the hardest position in professional sports... on a team that was DESTROYED by the QB turmoil last year.... and playing it well. He has it hands down. Flacco would be coming in a distant second.....
                    Royal probably wont even edge Ryan Clady in the voting.

One thing? Don;t they give Offensive & Defensive ROY awards? For both NFC & AFC?

Comment

It's from the Patriots press release, though I doubt that they asked the coach to clarify. You may be right, but the Patriots just played Denver too and [our] Royal caught nine passes against them that game.
                      Official Member of Team:

Comment

Then why would he have mentioned Reggie Wayne? He doesn't play for the Bills

Comment

If the voters know what they're voting about, I think after all is considered Ryan Clady should be the offensive rookie of the year. He's playing left tackle, next week he faces John Abraham, two-weeks ago it was Joey Porter and he has still not allowed a sack this season. Between Abraham and Porter there are 21.5 sacks. That says something, not to mention who else he has matched up against Clady this season.
                          Official Member of Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
                            If the voters know what they're voting about, I think after all is considered Ryan Clady should be the offensive rookie of the year. He's playing left tackle, next week he faces John Abraham, two-weeks ago it was Joey Porter and he has still not allowed a sack this season. Between Abraham and Porter there are 21.5 sacks. That says something, not to mention who else he has matched up against Clady this season.
                            You're just saying that because your a Bronco fan. If you were a Falcon's fan you would be saying the same things about Ryan. Clady doesn't stand a chance against Ryan or Flacco. (sp?) An OL isn't going to get the award.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                              Royal probably wont even edge Ryan Clady in the voting.

One thing? Don;t they give Offensive & Defensive ROY awards? For both NFC & AFC?
                              You know I'm not sure. I thought it was just OROY and DROY... not sure if they separate NFC and AFC

Comment

Working...
                              X