Just signed a Rb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the bright side

5'10" 225lbs is good size and he was a workhorse at Central Florida.

4.5 40yrd is OK, but his 3.90 shuttle at his Pro-day in 2005 was third best. Only one other non-DB/WR ran under 4.00sec.

Rocky Mountain News reported on Oct 14th 2008 that Alex Hayes and Vernand Morency worked out with the team that day.

Played for Cologne/NFL Europe in 2006 as a back-up RB where he rushed 37times for 238yrds. April 7th 2006 in Frankfurt, Alex Haynes rushed for 117yrds on seven carries including 92yrds on three carries in the first half. Good game, but that means he rushed 30times for 121yrs =4yrds/carry the rest of the season(2 games?). Was listed on IR for the next game-thumb and ankle.
    Last edited by sage; 11-10-2008, 03:27 PM.

Comment

"Dude stop saying that, are you telling me you came on just when broncos were starting to make plays and jump at the first sign of trouble? I.e. jumping off the bandwagon. Mmm"

No, I am saying that I am a South Carolina/ Cory Boyd fan, and when the Bronco's picked him up, i thought it was a perfect fit for both. So, I said, hell, I will be fan of whoever Cory is playing for, cause I think he will do well. But then they went out and got this no-name Haynes... So now I don't really have a reason to be a fan, unless they are going to have them split time or something.. it doesnt make any sense to me why they would go out and add Cory to the practice squad when they could have just added Haynes, if they liked him better... Does that make any sense to you? Why not add Cory to the PS and then when someone goes down move him up to the active roster and let Haynes back him up? That just seems more logical to me, because thats how it played out. Otherwise, if they liked Haynes better, why didnt they add him to the PS, and then when Torain went down, pick up Boyd and let him back up Haynes... Do you see my point?
      Last edited by mscs03; 11-10-2008, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twizlers View Post
        Dude stop saying that, are you telling me you came on just when broncos were starting to make plays and jump at the first sign of trouble? I.e. jumping off the bandwagon. Mmm
        He is a South Carolina fan and came here when we picked up Cory Boyd....

To the SC fan. Don't worry. Shanahan is always weird with his runningbacks. But in the end the best back will get the carries. Shanahan loves to force players to compete for jobs...If Boyd doesn't play by the end of the season it will be his fault. Shanahan doesn't care who you are, where you were drafted, or where you came from. The best back plays.
        sigpic

Comment

5-foot-10, 230-pounds.........sounds like a Broncos runningback

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I just want to see them move Cory onto the active roster, then I would understand what they are doing.. But to bring this guy in, (remember, I am in South Carolina, and Haynes played for the Panthers, so I know a tiny bit about him), and not activate Cory just seems to not make any sense to me.. I would be dumbfounded if they didnt activate Cory along with Haynes. Because, like I said, if they liked Haynes better in the first place, why not sign him last week instead of Cory?

Comment

Originally posted by mscs03 View Post
              I just want to see them move Cory onto the active roster, then I would understand what they are doing.. But to bring this guy in, (remember, I am in South Carolina, and Haynes played for the Panthers, so I know a tiny bit about him), and not activate Cory just seems to not make any sense to me.. I would be dumbfounded if they didnt activate Cory along with Haynes. Because, like I said, if they liked Haynes better in the first place, why not sign him last week instead of Cory?
              This Haynes guy won't get any playing time this week. We need runningbacks. Selvin Young is the only guy we have at RB and he is still injured. Right now I guess Boyd, Pope, and Haynes are fighting it out for the job. May the best man win!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
                This Haynes guy won't get any playing time this week. We need runningbacks. Selvin Young is the only guy we have at RB and he is still injured. Right now I guess Boyd, Pope, and Haynes are fighting it out for the job. May the best man win!
                Haynes won't get any playing time at Runningback at all...he's a fullback. The Broncos are going with Peyton Hillis as their starting RB for the rest of the season

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                  Haynes won't get any playing time at Runningback at all...he's a fullback. The Broncos are going with Peyton Hillis as their starting RB for the rest of the season
                  Haynes isn't a FB. Never has been and certainly won't be this year.

With all the RBs we have on IR, it seems strange to sign a guy that only lasted three games in NFL Europe before being placed on IR. I think this guy is a waste of a roster spot. Even though he's shown ability I don't think he can help the Broncos.
                  Last edited by sage; 11-10-2008, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                    Hmm. I thought Haynes was a RB. I hope Hillis succeeds at runningback that would be a huge relief. But I think the job will be split by Selvin and him once Selvin is healthy.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think some people are forgetting that we have basically no RB's left, so it is not a bad thing when we bring in a name or two or three. Just because we bring in one guy, doesn't mean that...well here is the one and only RB to carry us the rest of the way. It means that we are adding depth to a position with none.

Hopefully Pope, Boyd, AND Haynes will help out our team, not just counting on one.
                      sigpic

Comment

Looks like Denver is shopping at the 99 cent store again, i guess they just want a cheap body in there to take up space on the depth chart
                        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

ray lewis brother would have been better...KEON lattimore...i hate life

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aija View Post
                            I for one like the prospect of a young guy with fresh legs. A clean slate is better than some over teh hill veteran. Shanny for one knows a good back. So I expect him to be a stud.

That's exactly what was said about Torain.

sigpic
                            They're your teammates, now.
                            Best of luck, TT!
                            ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Working...
                            X