Niko BandWagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niko BandWagon

Today, Denver Post reported Nov 30th as the first game Webster would be able to play, that means at least three weeks with Niko at MLB. I thought he looked better then Nate this pre-season and hope he does well over the next few weeks. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by Niko's play and there's a good chance we keep him as our starter even when Nate gets healthy.

Niko's just a better MLB and Football player. He'll make sure all assignments are covered and our LB corp plays better then their potential-pretty much the opposite of Nate. Niko's also our future MLB barring trade or Draft since he has a multi-year deal and Nate is gone after this season.

Good Luck NikoGo Broncos!

I not only refuse to board this bandwagon, I'm also hammering its wheels. But seriously, Niko has been a huge disappointment so far. At least now we will be able to see if he can get the job done.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
      Today, Denver Post reported Nov 30th as the first game Webster would be able to play, that means at least three weeks with Niko at MLB. I thought he looked better then Nate this pre-season and hope he does well over the next few weeks. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by Niko's play and there's a good chance we keep him as our starter even when Nate gets healthy.

Niko's just a better MLB and Football player. He'll make sure all assignments are covered and our LB corp plays better then their potential-pretty much the opposite of Nate. Niko's also our future MLB barring trade or Draft since he has a multi-year deal and Nate is gone after this season.

If you think Nate will be gone you are on crack. lol jk

Nate has work his ass off to earn his spot. Niko hasn't and is getting it because of a technicality. Niko is a bum, always looks lost and the only contact he makes is when hes clapping on someone elses ass for a play he wasn't involved in. He is the Keary Colbert of our defense.

Niko you bum give Shanny back the money he invested in you and go play special teams for Seattle again.

Long Live Nate "Where's my helmet" Webster

We will spend our 3rd (if we have it on a MLB)

Lets address RB and S first..

I'm glad u believe in Niko, because I don't.

Overall good post.

Comment

He played most of last game at middle and was by far the worst defender on the field. You guys that seem to like Niko just because you hate Nate so much, do not make sense. Niko has never outplayed Nate. They are both mediocre and neither are a solution to the MLB. Either one that got the starting job this year is just a stop gap until we can get a good one next year.

If Niko played better in preseason he would have started from the beginning. They didn't sign him just to have him benched and if anything they had a bias in favor of Niko when he came here. I don't get where people get this stuff about Niko playing better than Nate.

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post

I don't know if we have any other choice than for Niko to play. Larsen may see some time at fullback and that would mean Niko is the only one who really can play. I would imagine on passing downs we will see DJ there.

I don't necessarily agree that he is the future at the position. He does not make a lot for a starter. He is just a well paid special teamer.

I would like to see Larsen get more reps. He seems to be very physical. Unfortunately, if he is having to take reps to learn the offense it makes it difficult for him to learn the defense.

I was hopeful when he came over, but IMO he has just been outplayed so far.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Answer me this.

If your D-Line is Small you need larger LB's to Stop the Run.

If your D-Line is Large you can get away with small LB's to stuff the run and add pass support.

The broncos now have a tiny front and back thanks to injury. Honestly, how do you stop the run with out over committing Champ and Bly to run support?

ALL OF OUR NEXT 7 OPPONENTS CAN RUN THE BALL

Comment

The way we get them to stop running against us is to ask them nicely not to, and present them wonderful fruit baskets with exotics cheeses from Italy and sparkling water from Lake Minnetonka.

we are so screwed im sad

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                Answer me this.

The broncos now have a tiny front and back thanks to injury. Honestly, how do you stop the run with out over committing Champ and Bly to run support?

ALL OF OUR NEXT 7 OPPONENTS CAN RUN THE BALL
                Play the MLB with better fundamentals and leadership so gaps get covered and plays work = Niko.

Comment

He made our game look like it was a JFL game. He was standing around or on the opposite end of the field as plays more than he was in on them.

One assisted tackle in the Cleveland games? No thanks.
                  sigpic
                  Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
                  Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
                  My Divisional Breakdown Thread

Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

Comment

The optimist in me is saying give him a chance at a full start before I judge him. Nate beat him out in the preseason, but he could provide a spark.

The pessimist in me is saying there is a reason he did not earn a start and has done little to nothing when on the field.

The realist in me is going to wait and see how he looks in this game. I am not going to give it a long look, however. If he is ineffective, I would rather see Larsen get a legitmate shot.
                    sigpic

Comment

go niko...i think he will do just fine:salute!:good luck brother

sigpic

Comment

I'm not a big Niko fan, but I was hopeful because of the things I heard from some Seattle fans about him. I still think he can play, and once he gets up to game speed, I hope he plays well.

We need him to play well, so... why not be hopeful?
                        In Manning I trust.

Comment

With Bell here this means that Hillis will be back at FB. Meaning that Larsen will get his looks at MLB. Once again Niko CANNOT beat out Larsen. Even if he starts he wont make it to the second half as a starter. They needto release this clown and go resign Jordan Beck who is a much better special teams player
                          Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Originally posted by Aija View Post
                            With Bell here this means that Hillis will be back at FB. Meaning that Larsen will get his looks at MLB. Once again Niko CANNOT beat out Larsen. Even if he starts he wont make it to the second half as a starter. They needto release this clown and go resign Jordan Beck who is a much better special teams player
                            A voice of reason has finally emerged!!!!

You took the words from my mouth......Thank you!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Hopefully he will learn a few lessons with Woodyard and upgrade his game.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X