No announcement yet.

Niko BandWagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in cleveland i saw niko running in at the end of the play, never making a play nor getting his name called for anything. at least nate was in on some stops

Comment

I've been on said bandwagon (I don't understand how its a bandwagon when he's a Bronco, but whatever) since we acquired him. Even before then....I follow the Seahawks a little bit so I knew who he was.

I think he can only improve, and I'd like to see that happen. I'm just gonna cheer for him and assume he will do better.

Go Niko!
      ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

I think Niko is a complete disaster... I'd like him to prove me wrong this week though. Believe me, nothing would be better than for him to prove me wrong and show us he lives up to his earlier hype when he was signed. Until he does that though I'll just assume he's going to miss assignments, tackles and basically fail at his job.

Comment

I think a better name would be the Niko training bike.. Seriously this guy was horrible during Pre-Season why makes anyone think he would be any better when the game really matters.

Comment

Guess what gang, we don't have a whole lot of options right now, and just like some of our other dilemmas (injury wise) it's not a bad situation to let Niko show what he's got. Sometimes people perform better when given the responsibility. It has happened so many times in sports and non sports, when a person gets a promotion and steps up to the plate.

And for me, we're setting the table for next year and beyond, so the backups are getting their chances, and if they perform well we can reassess some of our so called gaps, and if they don't....then we can't say we didn't get a good opportunity to determine their value to the club.

I'm hoping for Niko, and all the others who are being asked to step it up. By seeing them in full action and in the driver's seat, it will pay long term dividends, one way or the other.

Comment

Sorry everyone Niko is not the Answer I think combined for this season he has 9 tackles that is like one a game I know that he isn't starting but last week he only had one tackle that's not coo.

Let's give spencer larsen a shot he has 8 tackles and he doesn't even play defense this year.

Comment

The Niko bandwagon?

He played 3 quarters and only got an assist. But he was better than Webster?

I say we put in Larsen. If Shanny is stupid enough to play him at FB because he's got a fearless mentality, then why not pull out cheerleader Niko and put in Larsen?

Comment

It's good to know some of us see the real picture of what a fraud niko is. I wonder what's going to be the excuse when he fails miserably again this coming week. Go Larsen!!!

Comment

If some of you take a short trip in the way back machine to a time when people were contemplating the idea of moving Jarvis Moss to linebacker, some argued that Moss was too slow to play linebacker for the Broncos. Well guess what, Moss is faster than Larsen(4.7 40 vs a 4.8+ 40). While there are other factors to be considered, do you think that maybe Larsen's lack of speed is a contributing factor to him playing fullback rather than linebacker?

For those who seem convinced that there's no way that Niko could beat out Larsen for the starting middle linebacker position, ask yourself this question. When Nate Webster was healthy and was the starting middle linebacker, who was the back up middle linebacker and who was the back up fullback? When you figure out the answer to that question, you'll probably also figure out that Niko could indeed beat out Larsen for the starting middle linebacker job, after all, he already beat him out for the back up job and that was when Larsen was getting regular practice at the middle linebacker position. Ever since the season has started, all of Larsen's practice time has been at fullback. Why would he now be expected to be able to beat out Niko for the starting job? Mario Haggan has a better chance of beating Niko out for the job, and that's not likely to happen given how little time he's been with the team.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

No way does Larsen or Haggan see the field at MLB this season. Niko is the best MLB on the team, even though Webster got the start this season. Backing up these two is Green. He's seen consistent playing time in Nickle packages lately and played MLB at the end of the CLE game in our protect defense. Niko<=>Web, Green is our MLB corp. In emergencies we would play Win or Wood before we would play Larsen or Haggan.

Go NikoGo Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                        He played most of last game at middle and was by far the worst defender on the field. You guys that seem to like Niko just because you hate Nate so much, do not make sense. Niko has never outplayed Nate. They are both mediocre and neither are a solution to the MLB. Either one that got the starting job this year is just a stop gap until we can get a good one next year.

If Niko played better in preseason he would have started from the beginning. They didn't sign him just to have him benched and if anything they had a bias in favor of Niko when he came here. I don't get where people get this stuff about Niko playing better than Nate.
                        Yes, Nate webster does seem to leave it all on the field, whatever his shortcomings may be. Niko is new to the starting position, I know, but he did look late to the play every time last week.

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
                          No way does Larsen or Haggan see the field at MLB this season. Niko is the best MLB on the team, even though Webster got the start this season. Backing up these two is Green. He's seen consistent playing time in Nickle packages lately and played MLB at the end of the CLE game in our protect defense. Niko<=>Web, Green is our MLB corp. In emergencies we would play Win or Wood before we would play Larsen or Haggan.

Go NikoGo Broncos!
                          Niko is not the answer Sage i'm just going by the evidence i mean he never makes tackles and the broncos made every attempt to give him that starting job.

Comment

Working...
                          X