Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SI.com division rankigns *what a joke*

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SI.com division rankigns *what a joke*

    7. AFC West
    In reality, there are no teams on the move in the AFC West, where the four teams are a combined 12-24. But by virtue of going 4-3 following their 0-2 start, the puzzling Chargers get the nod. Try as it might to give this thing away, San Diego still has the ability to finish comfortably ahead of Denver if it gets its act together starting this week at Pittsburgh. But doing things the easy way hasn't been the Chargers way this season. That's why I expect it to come down to Week 17 -- Denver at San Diego -- for the division title that nobody seems to want to win. Oakland and Kansas City have long since faded into irrelevance.

    Team on the move: San Diego.

    Team on the slide: Denver.

    Playoff bound team(s): San Diego.

    Best player: Philip Rivers, San Diego, quarterback.

    Best rookie: Eddie Royal, Denver, receiver.


    Why does every person outside of denver still think SD is this all pwoerful SB bound team? Barely able to beat KC after a BYE at home? Sigh...

  • #2
    Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
    Why does every person outside of denver still think SD is this all pwoerful SB bound team? Barely able to beat KC after a BYE at home? Sigh...


    I assume you are talking about the same KC that beat the snot out of us.....

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
      Why does every person outside of denver still think SD is this all pwoerful SB bound team? Barely able to beat KC after a BYE at home? Sigh...
      Looks right to me. What, are we some powerhouse playing possum? Our team is young and will improve, but we need better defensive players and scheme.

      SD is bad too, but they usually play better at the end of the season. I do agree with the article that the division will probably be decided that last game, with the winner going to the playoffs, and the loser going home to watch them.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
        I assume you are talking about the same KC that beat the snot out of us.....
        But to be fair it was in KC and they had LJ.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah it's annoying how everyone thinks SD is the best and all that crap. If they lose next week I dunno about them, lol.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BroncFanInPA View Post
            Looks right to me. What, are we some powerhouse playing possum? Our team is young and will improve, but we need better defensive players and scheme.

            SD is bad too, but they usually play better at the end of the season. I do agree with the article that the division will probably be decided that last game, with the winner going to the playoffs, and the loser going home to watch them.
            Not only this but Carucci or w/e rankings always have us 5-4 listed as needs work whereas SD 4-5 is middle of pack. Just annoys me how ignorant some people are especially when SDs defense is as bad as ours.

            Comment


            • #7
              wait..Rivers the best player in the division?! that's not right..must be best player on the Chargers, which isn't right neither..

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BroncFanInPA View Post
                Looks right to me. What, are we some powerhouse playing possum? Our team is young and will improve, but we need better defensive players and scheme.

                SD is bad too, but they usually play better at the end of the season. I do agree with the article that the division will probably be decided that last game, with the winner going to the playoffs, and the loser going home to watch them.
                I agree out starting RB this week was walking the streets just 24 hours ago.
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
                  I assume you are talking about the same KC that beat the snot out of us.....
                  No, that team had most of it's starters.

                  SD was playing KC's 2nd and 3rd team. At home.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                    7. AFC West
                    In reality, there are no teams on the move in the AFC West, where the four teams are a combined 12-24. But by virtue of going 4-3 following their 0-2 start, the puzzling Chargers get the nod. Try as it might to give this thing away, San Diego still has the ability to finish comfortably ahead of Denver if it gets its act together starting this week at Pittsburgh. But doing things the easy way hasn't been the Chargers way this season. That's why I expect it to come down to Week 17 -- Denver at San Diego -- for the division title that nobody seems to want to win. Oakland and Kansas City have long since faded into irrelevance.

                    Team on the move: San Diego.

                    Team on the slide: Denver.

                    Playoff bound team(s): San Diego.

                    Best player: Philip Rivers, San Diego, quarterback.

                    Best rookie: Eddie Royal, Denver, receiver.


                    Why does every person outside of denver still think SD is this all pwoerful SB bound team? Barely able to beat KC after a BYE at home? Sigh...
                    It's just SI still living in the past. They figure that since SD did so well last year, it's just a matter of time before they kick it in gear and start winning. Well, we're still waiting. This stuff means absolutely nothing.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BoltNut View Post
                      It's just SI still living in the past. They figure that since SD did so well last year, it's just a matter of time before they kick it in gear and start winning. Well, we're still waiting. This stuff means absolutely nothing.
                      Yeah... no offense to you Nut... you're a great poster.

                      But it drives me crazy to hear 'analysts' talk about how they can't trust this 5-4 Broncos team... too hot and cold... so the Chargers will win the division.

                      Have the Chargers been better some how? I mean I get that nobody expects us to sweep the playoffs... but that doesn't mean that we're worse than teams that have lost more games...
                      Thanks, Reid!
                      sigpic
                      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                        Yeah... no offense to you Nut... you're a great poster.

                        But it drives me crazy to hear 'analysts' talk about how they can't trust this 5-4 Broncos team... too hot and cold... so the Chargers will win the division.

                        Have the Chargers been better some how? I mean I get that nobody expects us to sweep the playoffs... but that doesn't mean that we're worse than teams that have lost more games...
                        It used to drive me crazy also. All those many, many years of being told that our team stunk and being the laughing stock of the NFL. The Broncos are as good as a lot of teams out there, and they are improving. Injuries are hampering things for you right now, but players heal. I'm not sure what is happening with the Bolts. Obviously, they haven't been "better" than the Broncos. I think they are just beating themselves. The talking heads seem to think we'll suddenly snap out of it and be back to last years form. Looking at things as they stand now.... I'm beginning to doubt it, but we'll see.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So SD is supposed to get their season back on the right track by beating Pittsbugh, a team known for stopping the run? Then go into Indy, who just beat Pittsbugh, and win there, too?

                          Ben might get some passes off this week, since SD cant seem to rush the passer. Thigpen-a 3rd stringer!-looked decent this weekend. If not for his inexperience and locking on Tony G. for the 2 pt conversion, SD would have lost that game on a bad PI call, a TD and 2 pt. conversion.

                          I dont agree with the Rivers being the best player in the AFC West, either. I agree with the rookie. No doubt Eddie has made a huge impact on this team.

                          At least SD still has their starting RBs in LT and Sproles. 3 of our 4 starters are on IR, with the last being injured.

                          And we managed to come back in the 4th qtr last week and beat Cleveland.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted by: Peanut

                          "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                          -Sean Payton

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This weekend could tell us a lot about how this division will be decided...

                            Pittsburg's D was solid against the Colts, I don't suspect SD will make it out of that game with a win (but they've suprised me before). Based on how our defense has performed lately, Atlanta may run all over us and Matt Ryan could appear to be the best QB in the league this season. I'm still hoping Denver can build on some confidence from this last win and play Atlanta hard!

                            But even with the extra days to prepare, that's asking a lot.
                            Here's hoping they can show up and D-liver a game we know they're capable of!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                              So SD is supposed to get their season back on the right track by beating Pittsbugh, a team known for stopping the run? Then go into Indy, who just beat Pittsbugh, and win there, too?Ben might get some passes off this week, since SD cant seem to rush the passer. Thigpen-a 3rd stringer!-looked decent this weekend. If not for his inexperience and locking on Tony G. for the 2 pt conversion, SD would have lost that game on a bad PI call, a TD and 2 pt. conversion.

                              I dont agree with the Rivers being the best player in the AFC West, either. I agree with the rookie. No doubt Eddie has made a huge impact on this team.

                              At least SD still has their starting RBs in LT and Sproles. 3 of our 4 starters are on IR, with the last being injured.

                              And we managed to come back in the 4th qtr last week and beat Cleveland.

                              Yeah, pretty tall order, huh? Based on our past performances, I have my doubts too. Then top things off with Peyton Manning and the Colts coming to SD the following week.....wow. The Falcons will then stop by and M. Turner will get a chance to show us it was a mistake to let him go to Atlanta. As I said before, the next three weeks should determine who will go to the playoffs from the AFC West.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X