Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SI.com division rankigns *what a joke*

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Chaldon View Post
    if anything in this world remains true, it is that Denver does not win in KC ever.
    hard to disagree with that ... +1

    Comment


    • #32
      Not sure why AFCWest is #7, and not #8.

      AFCWest is garbage, and easily the worst division in the NFL right now.

      Other than that, I pretty much agree with everything that article started.

      We almost lost last week to f'n cleveland, with some guy making his first start ever at QB of all things.

      Cleveland's almost as much of a joke this year as the AFCWest is.

      Comment


      • #33
        Articles like this are idiotic. Same as all the power rankings. They mean nothing.

        Anyone of us can go to the NFL standings page and sort the teams based on their records.....but they flip a few teams around here and there to make it seem like they are more knowledgeable than the facts. Like they know secrets about some teams that world doesn't or they see games that nobody else sees. They could be wrong about every prediction they make yet it's not going to stop them from ranking and predicting. At the end of the day, its just one guys opinion that holds as much weight as a guy off the street.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
          Articles like this are idiotic. Same as all the power rankings. They mean nothing.

          Anyone of us can go to the NFL standings page and sort the teams based on their records.....but they flip a few teams around here and there to make it seem like they are more knowledgeable than the facts. Like they know secrets about some teams that world doesn't or they see games that nobody else sees. They could be wrong about every prediction they make yet it's not going to stop them from ranking and predicting. At the end of the day, its just one guys opinion that holds as much weight as a guy off the street.
          :clap::clap::clap:
          I couldn't have typed it better myself.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by AC1 View Post
            Puke-face Phyllis isn't even the best player on his own team. He isn't even the best player on his own offense. Heck, he isn't even the best player in his own backfield.

            Best player in the division is Champ Bailey, with Tomlinson a close second.
            They are talking about this year wise guy and this year Champ and LT combined don't equal Rivers.

            This year, Rivers is leaps and bounds the best player in the AFCW, by a huge margin.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
              They are talking about this year wise guy and this year Champ and LT combined don't equal Rivers.

              This year, Rivers is leaps and bounds the best player in the AFCW, by a huge margin.
              Rivers is never going to be leaps and bounds better than anything. You had better resign yourself to that fact.

              As for being the best player "this year", I heard a lot of chirping from Charger fans last year about how wins are the only thing a QB ought to be judged by. So unless you're full of crap, Rivers is a "loser" this season and therefore not even close to being the best player in the division.

              The best player in the division "this year" has been Ryan Clady. Zero sacks allowed on an offense with among the highest passing attempts in the league.
              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

              Comment


              • #37
                IMO this article did not get anything right. Ryan Clady is the best rookie in the AFC west, The best player is naymdi asamouwi (sp?), the best team is the Denver broncos
                if man is 5 and jay cutler is 6 then that must make john elway 7

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
                  wait..Rivers the best player in the division?! that's not right..must be best player on the Chargers, which isn't right neither..
                  Rivers sits second in the NFL in passer rating at 106.3 (to Warner's 106.4). I don't think it is a stretch to say that Rivers is the best player in the AFC West. He might be the best player in the AFC by the end of the year, if not already.

                  His defense absolutely stinks. He opens the season without his Pro Bowl left tackle and Pro Bowl center. LT and Gates are just now getting close to 100%.

                  I know the Broncos have been hit by injuries more than any team in the league, so nobody wants to hear another team complain. But, Rivers has been the only Charger to play better this year than last year.

                  I think the Broncos will be the cream of the AFC West for many years to come, but with the devastating injuries, it might not happen until next year.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                    Puke-face Phyllis isn't even the best player on his own team. He isn't even the best player on his own offense. Heck, he isn't even the best player in his own backfield.

                    Best player in the division is Champ Bailey, with Tomlinson a close second.
                    they mean "this season" champ is a cripple right now, so he's not the best

                    and they said qb , and right now rivers is a far superior qb , the numbers prove that

                    and eddie royal's the best rookie in the afc west this season, although clady's gotta be right there with him
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                      they mean "this season" champ is a cripple right now, so he's not the best

                      and they said qb , and right now rivers is a far superior qb , the numbers prove that

                      and eddie royal's the best rookie in the afc west this season, although clady's gotta be right there with him
                      Cripple huh? Classy

                      As I said before, we heard a lot of chirping from you guys last year about how stats don't matter. So unless you're full of crap, punk-mouth Phyllis is nothing more than a "loser" this year.
                      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Alcaeus15 View Post
                        Yeah it's annoying how everyone thinks SD is the best and all that crap. If they lose next week I dunno about them, lol.
                        well that article basically said SD wins by default. On paper they are the best team. But we all know paper doesnt win games.

                        Losing to a very good squeeler team is a possibility. (i think we'll edge them) but so is denvur losing to the falcons.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                          So SD is supposed to get their season back on the right track by beating Pittsbugh, a team known for stopping the run? Then go into Indy, who just beat Pittsbugh, and win there, too?

                          Ben might get some passes off this week, since SD cant seem to rush the passer. Thigpen-a 3rd stringer!-looked decent this weekend. If not for his inexperience and locking on Tony G. for the 2 pt conversion, SD would have lost that game on a bad PI call, a TD and 2 pt. conversion.

                          I dont agree with the Rivers being the best player in the AFC West, either. I agree with the rookie. No doubt Eddie has made a huge impact on this team.

                          At least SD still has their starting RBs in LT and Sproles. 3 of our 4 starters are on IR, with the last being injured.

                          And we managed to come back in the 4th qtr last week and beat Cleveland.
                          many teams have stopped the run against us. LT ranks #10 in the league.

                          Thigpen has looked good in his last 3 or 4 games though, no just against SD. But since our defense looks so ****ty, Ben will look better than he has of late. But it works both ways and who knows, we may get one of those INTs everyone is talking about.

                          SD finally steps it up and beats Pittsburgh in their house for the first time ever during the regular season.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X