Nice USA Today bit on Royal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IPICKEDYOUOFF View Post
    Im lovin this kid, really dont see a better WR DUO in the AFC or much less NFL, at least performing this year, could agure Roy Williams and TO but havent seen much outta them with ROMO out since Roy got there...
    Boldin and Fitzgerald are easily above Royal and Marshall.... For now

Comment

I remember sitting in front of my tv on draft day and going "huh? why not Jackson......?" Well, now I know why. In Shanny we trust.

Comment

He runs such pretty routes, he's quick off the line, has an amazing burst, and has great cuts. I love wathcing Royal play, he doesn't look anything like a rookie.

Watching him, he reminds me of a young Marvin Harrison. Will he be as productive? Only time will tell, but so far he has really impressed!

Throw Scheffler and Marshall into the mix, they could be the new (improved!) 3 Amigos!

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
          He runs such pretty routes, he's quick off the line, has an amazing burst, and has great cuts. I love watching Royal play, he doesn't look anything like a rookie.

Watching him, he reminds me of a young Marvin Harrison. Will he be as productive? Only time will tell, but so far he has really impressed!

Throw Scheffler and Marshall into the mix, they could be the new (improved!) 3 Amigos!
          Hey PA,

This guy is so talented, and even though he's relatively small, he makes up for it by his strength. I don't like comparing players too much, but he and Steve Smith have those similarities. However, the main differences from what I can gather are:
          1) Steve's earned his stripes in terms of long term accomplishments, and we will have to give Eddie some time to put down the stats (he will!)
          2) Eddie's one classy young man, and I can't foresee him sucker punching anyone!!!

But no more comparisons for now...Eddie Royal is Eddie Royal!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by IPICKEDYOUOFF View Post
            Im lovin this kid, really dont see a better WR DUO in the AFC or much less NFL, at least performing this year, could agure Roy Williams and TO but havent seen much outta them with ROMO out since Roy got there...
            Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
            Boldin and Fitzgerald are easily above Royal and Marshall.... For now
            bronx said it before me, but I agree. Fitz/Boldin are better at this point. Throw in Breaston and man, what a three wide set you have!!

Still, saying those guys are better is no slight to Marshall/Royal.
            Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
            FF is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
              He runs such pretty routes, he's quick off the line, has an amazing burst, and has great cuts. I love wathcing Royal play, he doesn't look anything like a rookie.

Well said!

I like the Marvin Harrison analogy. I think it is a very good comparison. Does that make Eddie armed and dangerous????
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
                bronx said it before me, but I agree. Fitz/Boldin are better at this point. Throw in Breaston and man, what a three wide set you have!!

Still, saying those guys are better is no slight to Marshall/Royal.
                No slight to Brandon and Eddie at all......they have such limited NFL experience. If they continue on the paths they are on, there's no telling how much praise will be bestowed on them for years to come.

But I too am in the Arizona camp when it comes to a great tandem. I'd take Fitz and Boldin if I had to choose one pair, for one major game, today.

Comment

Working...
                X