No Sacks On Quinn; Need To Pressure Matt Ryan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Sacks On Quinn; Need To Pressure Matt Ryan

Honestly...this zone crap that we continue to do on defense just sucks. We get beat while playing zone just as bad, if not worse, than if we just sent blitzes every 2 plays or so. Personally, I would love to see us sending 2 LB's or 1 LB and a S on 1st and 2nd down...on a blitz. We really need to rattle the red-hot Matt Ryan. He's a rookie, but the kid is playing like a vet. I'd rather us get beat while blitzing instead of the rookie QB just picking our defense apart with all the time in the world. Maybe we can get him to make a mistake (he hasn't thrown an INT at home all season long)

What do you guys think? Would you like to see us blitzing on 1st and 2nd down to get into Matt Ryan's head??

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

We sent some blitzes at Brady Quinn he did a good job of avoiding them.

Hopefully Champ plays and follows Roddy White everywhere he goes. And all we focus on doing is stopping the run. We should make the rookie beat us. If the Falcons can run like the Browns did in the first half against we don't have a chance.
    sigpic

Comment

Yes absolutly.

The passes underneath in the Cleveland game were rediculas.

That zone deal is stop the run and keep the recievers to small plays.

But your right we have to take a shot at a 3 and out once in a while.

Mix it up, give our young guys a chance to make a play.
      sigpic
      In the 13 games Orton started, the Broncos scored touchdowns inside the red zone on 17 of 104 trips (one on a Tebow run). With Tebow as the starter, the Broncos scored touchdowns 6-of-8 times inside the 20.

Comment

Ryan is not as good at moving in the pocket as Quinn so i have no doubt we will get atleast 4 sacks, 2 for moss, 1 for DOOM, 1 for Thomas.

Comment

Ryan's not as mobile as Quinn. Dumervil chased Quinn almost completely to the sidelines a few times in that game but Quinn would drop back like 15 yards and throw it to someone (who was open) at the line of scrimmage who would then pick up 10-15 yards on the play.

Don't rob us of the credit we SHOULD have got in that game. We got in, he just ran away.
          sigpic
          Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
          Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
          My Divisional Breakdown Thread

Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

Comment

Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
            Ryan is not as good at moving in the pocket as Quinn so i have no doubt we will get atleast 4 sacks, 2 for moss, 1 for DOOM, 1 for Thomas.
            I did forget to mention Quinn's mobility allowing him to escape from some pressure...but I don't remember seeing many Linebacker blitzes in the game. We can't allow Matt Ryan to pick apart our defense...we need to knock him on his a**

sigpic

Comment

i will hold you to this.
              This aint your granddaddys falcons

Comment

that's a bold statement!! for your sake...you better hope you don't jinx it

sigpic

Comment

I agree, I hope they blitz Ryan. He is no slouch for a rookie QB, but I'd come after him anyway. After the way Cleveland ran the ball on us last week, I wouldn't mind seeing Denver put eight in the box to try and stop MT either.

Comment

Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, blitz, and oh yeah Blitz!
                    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
                      Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, blitz, and oh yeah Blitz!
                      Wait...I am confused. Did you want us to Blitz or not? Please let me know,your post is a little foggy...

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighMagic15 View Post
                        Wait...I am confused. Did you want us to Blitz or not? Please let me know,your post is a little foggy...
                        I'm trying to read "between the lines" of his post. and, though hard to see, I think he might want us to blitz...though it's really unclear what the guy wants us to do

sigpic

Comment

Blitzing Ryan is a very risky proposition. He has killed it against the blitz this year. They showed something before the Philly game on NFL Countdown about it. He was completing 63% of his passes against the blitz. He had been sacked the least amount of times against the blitz...a big old 0. Philly took him down once or twice, but not many teams can do what Philly does.

Comment

lol how many falcons games have you watch?

Comment

Matt is actually excellent against the blitz

Except for Philadelphia - he has NEVER been sacked by the blitz - and they got him 1 time in the 4th quarter despite blitzing continuously all day long with every formation you can imagine - you should go back and watch the film on that. I'm not sure of the final number - but they had blitzed over 40 times before the 4th quarter with no sacks, no interceptions - and Jim Johnson is a master of devising the sack.

His record against the blitz is the best in the NFL:

He has thrown 71 times against the blitz - completing those throws 42 times for 440 yards and 3 touchdowns - that's 59.2% completion rate - pretty good. He has been sacked 1 time on a blitz, despite all the blitzes thrown at him from Tampa, Carolina, Philly, Chicago, Green Bay and Oakland.

He has thrown 2 interceptions - against the blitz - both in garbage time. Further, he has an impressive QB rating of 79.5 against the blitz.

Feel free to wish for the Blitz - but you are going against the QB who has the best blitz record in the NFL this year, period.

I didn't come to troll, just felt this was something you might want to know.

Here is a link for you: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...playerId=11237
                              Last edited by Falcons4Ever; 11-14-2008, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X