No announcement yet.

No Sacks On Quinn; Need To Pressure Matt Ryan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE= over 40 times before the 4th quarter Further, he has an impressive QB rating of 79.5 against the blitz.

Feel free to wish for the Blitz - but you are going against the QB who has the best blitz record in the NFL this year, period]

Imagine what he could do against a team willing to give him 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 sec in the pocket or out of it. That has been our Defensive, protect against the pass non aggresive. NO sacks Ok he knows when to unload. I'll settle for pressure just as long as he doesnt have 10 sec in the pocket almost every time he drops back, exaggeration. You know your QB i know our D.
    You talk about Philly blitzing 40 times, if we blitz 1/2 that, hell a 1/4 of what philly did, it will be an improvement.
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

I see your point

I agree that pressure is important - but seriously, your offense is your strength. Matt is quick and can strike fast and he can beat a defense if they are going after him. However, if they go after him - they'll run that ball all day long - eat up the clock and your offense will sit on the sidelines. They are better off to play the run. Matt will still get some strikes - but your offense has more time on the field - which, in essence, is what you really need - they are the ones that will win the game for you if you win.

You'll end up with a shoot-out if you play the run - and let's face it - Cutler has the advantage there.

Comment

Matt Ryan HAS NOT thrown an INT at home this season...as he has lead his falcons to 4-0 at home. We have no choice but to blitz...both to stop the run and hopefully to get into Ryan's head

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Falcons4Ever View Post
          You'll end up with a shoot-out if you play the run - and let's face it - Cutler has the advantage there.
          Excellent discussion! Given the QB vs D senerios of both teams I think who ever can pound the rock and control the clock will win in the end. But if we dont improve on pressuring the QB we will be forced into a shot out to keep up.
          I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
            Excellent discussion! Given the QB vs D senerios of both teams I think who ever can pound the rock and control the clock will win in the end. But if we dont improve on pressuring the QB we will be forced into a shot out to keep up.
            as much as people want to believe that this will be an aerial assault...I actually think that both teams will run the ball countless times

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
              as much as people want to believe that this will be an aerial assault...I actually think that both teams will run the ball countless times
              I never believed the Falcons would make this an aerial assault. They are a run-first team and will continue to run the ball regardless of how well it's defended. I know this for a fact. They continued to run it against Chicago when they were basically stopped. Matt also threw for over 300 yards that game - but the run was consistently attempted all 4 quarters.

I do believe that Denver will run it a lot more than they have the past few games, but with the receivers you have - no way will they make that the full impact of offense.

Comment

Here's to a good game, Falcons fan (although I would rather see a Broncos blowout than ANOTHER close game )

sigpic

Comment

Right back at ya

I hope for a good game too. I want to see 60 minutes of non-stop heart from beginning to end. And no injuries!

See you guys Sunday!

Have to say it ...... Go Falcons!

Comment

Matt Ryan HAS NOT thrown an INT at home this season...as he has lead his falcons to 4-0 at home. We have no choice but to blitz...both to stop the run and hopefully to get into Ryan's head

Heres a good idea...Put 8-9 in the box, make Ryan throw the ball more than 20x then we will see what happens...

you stop the run you stop the birds...Ryan can not carry this team and I know a bunch of Bird fans will argue he can...But all i'm saying is prove it...

Let the kid beat us if he can... Put champ and Bly in man, bring the safties up and let him throw 35x or more...cause if that happens we will be winning...
                    He hasn't thrown a pick becouse look at how many throws per game he has and when he throws...after Turner smash's the D then he PA pass's easy...
                    If I'm the Bronco's I dont let Turner or Norwood Breath...stack the line...If Ryan can stand in there and beat us well...they deserve to win...But dont play that soft a$$ zone and let those two backs go bizerk, then have the kid throw dinks and dunks all game...thats crap...take one thing away and see what happens..
                    sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
                      Heres a good idea...Put 8-9 in the box, make Ryan throw the ball more than 20x then we will see what happens...

you stop the run you stop the birds...Ryan can not carry this team and I know a bunch of Bird fans will argue he can...But all i'm saying is prove it...

Let the kid beat us if he can... Put champ and Bly in man, bring the safties up and let him throw 35x or more...cause if that happens we will be winning...
                      He hasn't thrown a pick becouse look at how many throws per game he has and when he throws...after Turner smash's the D then he PA pass's easy...
                      If I'm the Bronco's I dont let Turner or Norwood Breath...stack the line...If Ryan can stand in there and beat us well...they deserve to win...But dont play that soft a$$ zone and let those two backs go bizerk, then have the kid throw dinks and dunks all game...thats crap...take one thing away and see what happens..
                      Yeah...its less of a risk giving Ryan the opportunity to win with his arm instead of leaning on Michael Turner and a comfortably close game....blitz,blitz,blitz....shake the rookie up!! Make him eat Georgia Dome dirt!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcons4Ever View Post
                        Except for Philadelphia - he has NEVER been sacked by the blitz - and they got him 1 time in the 4th quarter despite blitzing continuously all day long with every formation you can imagine - you should go back and watch the film on that. I'm not sure of the final number - but they had blitzed over 40 times before the 4th quarter with no sacks, no interceptions - and Jim Johnson is a master of devising the sack.

His record against the blitz is the best in the NFL:

He has thrown 71 times against the blitz - completing those throws 42 times for 440 yards and 3 touchdowns - that's 59.2% completion rate - pretty good. He has been sacked 1 time on a blitz, despite all the blitzes thrown at him from Tampa, Carolina, Philly, Chicago, Green Bay and Oakland.

He has thrown 2 interceptions - against the blitz - both in garbage time. Further, he has an impressive QB rating of 79.5 against the blitz.

Feel free to wish for the Blitz - but you are going against the QB who has the best blitz record in the NFL this year, period.

I didn't come to troll, just felt this was something you might want to know.

Here is a link for you: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...playerId=11237
                        79.5 is the best against the blitz this year?

Hmmm. That's an interesting stat.

To be fair... we allow alot worse than 79.5 ratings when we don't blitz. I agree we should blitz.
                        Thanks, Reid!
                        sigpic
                        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                          79.5 is the best against the blitz this year?

Hmmm. That's an interesting stat.

To be fair... we allow alot worse than 79.5 ratings when we don't blitz. I agree we should blitz.
                          Hope aboard the blitz bandwagon

sigpic

Comment

I just don't see where anyone would get the idea that A) Ryan isn't mobile in the pocket, and B) that there's any way our OL is going to surrender a bunch of sacks. It's wishful thinking, not reality based on past performance. The fact is, Ryan doesn't generally hold onto the ball very long, and our OL doesn't allow that much pressure on him.

I suspect that rather than worrying about Ryan throwing, Shanahan will throw 8 and 9 people at trying to run blitz and slow down Turner and Norwood. If they don't, this will be alot like the Raiders game we played a couple weeks ago. We ran the ball at will and totally dominated the TOP.

And, since we're talking about sacks and QB pressure, the matchup I'm looking forward to most is Abraham against your rookie OT. He's been a good one so far, so I'll be keying in on that to see how he handles the league's best pass rusher...

Comment

Yeah am with you on this one. I look for bell to break a big one today and go over a 100 yards , were due.
                              I am sorry about my spelling and grammar . Please: understand i have dyslexia , but I love my Broncos.:go:

Comment

Working...
                              X