Great news CHAMP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news CHAMP!

Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey practiced for the first time Thursday since tearing his groin muscle Oct. 20 at New England.

The injury was expected to keep him out for three to five weeks — meaning this Sunday's game at Atlanta would be the very earliest he could be back.

He did light jogging in workouts on Monday and Wednesday but Thursday marked his first time back in a jersey and shoulder pads.

If Bailey were to return this Sunday for an 11 a.m. MST game at Atlanta against the Falcons, it would mark a homecoming. Bailey is from Folkston in southeast Georgia, went to the University of Georgia and has several family members in the Atlanta area.

The Broncos' secondary has played well in Bailey's absence for two games with Karl Paymah filling in at left corner.
    However Bailey's potential return would be a major boost for a defense that is also missing three starting linebackers (D.J. Williams, Nate Webster and Champ's brother, Boss Bailey) and its starting free safety (Marlon McCree).

Falcons lose...
    sigpic
    In the 13 games Orton started, the Broncos scored touchdowns inside the red zone on 17 of 104 trips (one on a Tebow run). With Tebow as the starter, the Broncos scored touchdowns 6-of-8 times inside the 20.

Man, I really want Bailey back, but I'm concerned about it. A groin tear is a serious injury, and if you aggravate it a second time, it only gets worse.

I'm going to trust the DB training staff will make sure he's okay to go - but I can't say I won't be worried for the first couple of quarters.

Comment

good to hear.
      President Cool

Comment

I doubt he is ready to go. If he plays will end like Selvin Young. Matt Ryan will only need to work some deep routes with Roddy White and Bailey will have to leave the field.
        sigpic

Comment

Good to hear Champ is recovering well. Probably not good news for the other teams, but good news none the less. Do you really think he'll play so soon after getting back to practice? Or maybe give him another week to get better.

Comment

If he gets 2 full practices in and feels good about it..He'll be fine.

This isn't his first dance, he won't go if he feels its a risk.

They will make him sprint and cut in practice and see how it feels.

If you don't hear of a set back, I bet he goes and performs well.
            sigpic
            In the 13 games Orton started, the Broncos scored touchdowns inside the red zone on 17 of 104 trips (one on a Tebow run). With Tebow as the starter, the Broncos scored touchdowns 6-of-8 times inside the 20.

Comment

Originally posted by BoltNut View Post
              Good to hear Champ is recovering well. Probably not good news for the other teams, but good news none the less. Do you really think he'll play so soon after getting back to practice? Or maybe give him another week to get better.
              He's not ready yet. I read a statement from him on Tuesday and his optimism toward playing this week was very underwhelming to say the least. Take your time Champ no need to rush it! :salute!:
              " A kickers success is dependent upon his teams failure"...by SorryAss ChargerFans

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoBRONCOFAN View Post
                He's not ready yet. I read a statement from him on Tuesday and his optimism toward playing this week was very underwhelming to say the least. Take your time Champ no need to rush it! :salute!:
                Link please?

Comment

i think he needs to stay out and fully recover, instead of trying to rush back.

i'd rather have him out a couple more weeks instead of lose him for good.
                  sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Sounds good but I would like to be safe rather than sorry, so hope he continues to rest rather than injure himself even more.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hilife View Post
                      good to hear.
                      I am afraid I am going to have to object to your obama propaganda, because other postings that were anti-obama were removed by moderators... why should you be able to have pro-obama when the opposed to obama was banned? Moderators?

By the way, I am NOT in favor of Champ coming back too soon and making the inury worse! DON'T DO IT.. we need him for the stretch run!!

Comment

Originally posted by horsehead41 View Post
                        I am afraid I am going to have to object to your obama propaganda
                        :nono::nono::nono::nono::nonoon't start this Political arguing again.

I'm sure EVERYONE is sick of hearing it.
                        Originally posted by darth-hideous
                        Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
                        Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
                          :nono::nono::nono::nono::nonoon't start this Political arguing again.
                          NOT "political arguing", this is BOARD POLICY ARGUING!

Comment

Originally posted by horsehead41 View Post
                            I am afraid I am going to have to object to your obama propaganda, because other postings that were anti-obama were removed by moderators... why should you be able to have pro-obama when the opposed to obama was banned? Moderators?

By the way, I am NOT in favor of Champ coming back too soon and making the inury worse! DON'T DO IT.. we need him for the stretch run!!
                            Board Policy is that you can have political statements in your sig as long as they are pro something, and not anti something. Read the very first thread in GD about it, and it will give you the details.

As much as I can't stand Barry, this guy does have the right to post pro images.

Now concerning Champ. I don't want him to reinjure it, but I believe even if he isn't 100%, just having his presence on the field will be a big boost. If Ryan has any brains at all, he won't throw anywhere near champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
                              Board Policy is that you can have political statements in your sig as long as they are pro something, and not anti something.
                              Couldn't the others be considered Pro-Obama-Resistance?

But seriously - I'm trusting the training staff. If he's not good to go they won't let him out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X