Champ on offense!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ on offense!!!!!!

I was just thinking about a few years back when Shanny experimented with Champ playing offense on a few plays. What happend with that idea? I know it's highly unlikely now with him coming off of the groin tear but I think it would be as good a time as any. Line him up in the backfield and create our own "wildcat" offense. Even if we were never to give him the ball it would atleast create a distraction for the opposing D and give them something else to worry about among all of our other weapons.

Thoughts?

I think it is something that is fun for them to do. It will never happen with him in the backfield though. The best you will ever see is him as a receiver. I highly doubt they ever put him near the backfield.

Comment

we wouldnt risk loseing him again, he gets paid to much and is to far along in his career.......

He wont see another offensive play lacking 4-5 WR injuries...

I live in Grand Rapids, noticed u were in K-ZOO
      Last edited by IPICKEDYOUOFF; 11-13-2008, 02:29 PM. Reason: ^^^^
      sigpic

Comment

No, Bailey needs no more oppertunities to get hurt. Hes our best defensive player and thats where we need him. He plays offense in the Pro Bowls. I dont agree with it, but if Broncos fans really want a "wildcat" offense, we should run it through Royal. Hes the fastest and has a great football mind. In week one, in his first pro game ever, he smartly ran out of the pocket and threw the ball away. Smart.

Comment

There is no need now, back then we were struggling with offensive weapons. Plus he cant running around as much as he did in his younger days.:2cents:

Comment

Ehh, the Redskins tried it for a while and nothing really worked out.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scheffler88 View Post
              I was just thinking about a few years back when Shanny experimented with Champ playing offense on a few plays. What happend with that idea? I know it's highly unlikely now with him coming off of the groin tear but I think it would be as good a time as any. Line him up in the backfield and create our own "wildcat" offense. Even if we were never to give him the ball it would atleast create a distraction for the opposing D and give them something else to worry about among all of our other weapons.

Thoughts?
              Seriously? This is not a junior high pickup game we are talking about...... Champ is NOT going to be used on offense.......

Comment

Originally posted by horsehead41 View Post
                Seriously? This is not a junior high pickup game we are talking about...... Champ is NOT going to be used on offense.......
                Then how do you explain the WILDCAT?

Comment

Originally posted by Dbroncosfan View Post

What are you talking about?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Injrjd8-RKw

Comment

Originally posted by horsehead41 View Post
                      Maybe you should read my original post a little closer....I did say it was HIGHLY UNLIKELY but you must have missed that part. I never said we should do it. Just something I was thinking about after I read an article on how the Cardinals are now using Boldin in the same way. We tried it once before, and hypothetically speaking, thought maybe it would be worth a long shot. Granted a VERY long one!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dbroncosfan View Post
                        That offense is using a receiver or running back 99% of the time not a defensive player.

If we put him in and didn't actually run the "wildcat" he then becomes a blocker and he can get laid out without penalty. Personally as much as I think he is a close to washed up corner I don't want to lose him for the rest of the season to save our team from another injury to dishearten us.
                        sigpic
                        Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
                        Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
                        My Divisional Breakdown Thread

Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

Comment

Originally posted by slostenracing View Post
                          That offense is using a receiver or running back 99% of the time not a defensive player.

If we put him in and didn't actually run the "wildcat" he then becomes a blocker and he can get laid out without penalty. Personally as much as I think he is a close to washed up corner I don't want to lose him for the rest of the season to save our team from another injury to dishearten us.
                          Hey i dint say I was for it, just suggested the shenanigans in NFL this season...

Comment

I don't think we need Champ getting tackled and hit at age 30 with his hamstring/groin issues...

Comment

U guys act like 30 is 55?! Champ is still young, but that is not the point. Point here is that like someone else said, we have a speedster in Royal to run this through but I don't see Shanny using this, he is kind of stubborn in the fact that if he didnt think of it, he prolly wont use it.

I think utilizing Royal or Marshall in this would work well, I also like the reverse flea flicker stuff too, I think we could find a way to make what Miami does a lot better if u ask me, who knows tho

Comment

Working...
                              X