X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Whitlock Lists Mike Shanahan in his Top 10 Worst Coaches in the NFL

Coming in at #8...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory...&photo=8790190

Would someone please talk John Elway out of retirement so he can save Shanahan's reputation? I consider Shanahan one of the game's great coaches. It's getting harder and harder to make a pro-Shanahan argument.
    sigpic

I saw this over at chiefsplanet. They are all ticked off that Herm Edwards wasn't on the top ten worst coaches list.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      Coming in at #8...

Would someone please talk John Elway out of retirement so he can save Shanahan's reputation? I consider Shanahan one of the game's great coaches. It's getting harder and harder to make a pro-Shanahan argument.
      Funny, Shanny is the only coach in the 10 with 2 SB rings as a HC and more as an assistant. The only other coach in the list is Andy Reid and that was as a loser in the SB

Whitlock is trying to get a good coach fired so they can coach his believed Chiefs. Whuich brings me to the question: Where was Herm in that list?

Comment

How can he be one of the game's greatest coaches while being among the 10 worst coaches?

And correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't our team expected to be 6-10 or 7-9 by most, and certainly not leading our division halfway through the year?
        sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
          I saw this over at chiefsplanet. They are all ticked off that Herm Edwards wasn't on the top ten worst coaches list.
          Lol.

Even with my harshest criticisms if Shanahan, I'd have a hard time ranking him 24th out of 32 of today's current NFL coaches.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
            Funny, Shanny is the only coach in the 10 with 2 SB rings as a HC and more as an assistant. The only other coach in the list is Andy Reid and that was as a loser in the SB

Whitlock is trying to get a good coach fired so they can coach his believed Chiefs. Whuich brings me to the question: Where was Herm in that list?
            Well, I have a tremondous amount of respect for Whitlock. He's an intelligent guy and he knows his stuff.

Having said that, I think he's being pretty hard on Shanahan, especially since he didn't list Herm Edwards on that list. At Shanahan's worst, he's not the 24th ranked coach in the NFL. He's almost always in the top 10, easily.
            sigpic

Comment

If Whitlock says it, then it MUST be fact.......

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                Coming in at #8...

Seems like a bit of a contradiction to me....
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic
                Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

elway wouldn't even help this team if he came back, not with this defense.

mr. Wilson:salute!:

The Mile High Salute!::salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
                    How can he be one of the game's greatest coaches while being among the 10 worst coaches?
                    I don't presume to speak for Whitlock, but I am assuming he's trying to say that although he considers Shanahan to be a great coach, it's getting harder and harder to make an argument pro-Shanahan.

And correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't our team expected to be 6-10 or 7-9 by most, and certainly not leading our division halfway through the year?
                    True. I think if Shanahan somehow gets this team to the playoffs, it'll easily be one of his better years coaching - almost as good as our 2005 campaign.
                    sigpic

Comment

I will say that I think the rest of his list mostly makes sense. I wouldn't list Andy Reid at #1, but other than that, the list is pretty accurate, IMO (short of Herm Edwards' absence, which I can only assume is because of Whitlock's blind homerism or because Whitlock feels the Chiefs just aren't talented enough to compete).

But yeah, I don't think it's fair to list a coach that's 5-4 and leading their division, in a year most everyone expected this team to finish 2nd or even 3rd and comfortably out of the playoff picture.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think Whitlock is brilliant, very intelligent, but it is just his opinion.

http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/...4/1048532.html

Here is The War Room's opinion of Shanahan, and they're not a Columnist that's getting paid to sell newspapers, they have a bit more experience in what we're talking about, there is a difference and you know it.

It isn't getting any harder to make an argument for Shanahan, and let's face it, Whitlock is one of the few you'll find to agree with you, so be sure to Bookmark that article.......

Comment

It isnt a list of the 10 worst coaches in the NFL... It is a list of the 10 worst coaching jobs this season.... That is why now Herm Edwards, he has no talent on his team and isnt supposed to win. Where Shanny has been outcoached nearly every game.... I am actually suprised that he is rated this high. I would have put him top 5 easy
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

The guy is an idiot. Plain and simple, how does he get a job as an "analyst."
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                              It isnt a list of the 10 worst coaches in the NFL... It is a list of the 10 worst coaching jobs this season.... That is why now Herm Edwards, he has no talent on his team and isnt supposed to win. Where Shanny has been outcoached nearly every game.... I am actually suprised that he is rated this high. I would have put him top 5 easy
                              The Broncos are 5-4 and leading the division with the worst defense in the league, I'd say it's one of the best coaching jobs in the league.......

Comment

Working...
                              X