Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynch To Retire

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...nch-to-retire/

Former Bucs and Broncos safety John Lynch, a nine-time Pro Bowler who likely will someday land in Canton, has advised multiple members of the media (so far, Jay Glazer of FOX and Adam Schefter of NFLN are reporting it) that he’ll officially retire from the NFL on Monday.

The announcement will be made in Tampa.

Lynch, who played baseball and football at Stanford and quarterback in high school, left the Broncos during training camp, in what was sold as a mutual parting of the ways. (It’s still unclear whether Lynch wanted out, or whether he sensed that the team wanted to move on.) He landed with the Patriots, but was cut at the end of training camp. Despite speculation that the Pats would re-sign him, they never did.

In all, Lynch spent 11 years with Tampa and four with the Broncos. He won one Super Bowl title with the Bucs, in 2002.

Though other players have retired and then unretired, we have a feeling that Lynch means it.

Unless the Lions are looking for any more quarterbacks . . . .

LMFAO! Lmao, i would go to a Lions Game for sure to see Lynch behind Center lol
    Seriousley though, Lynch is a class Guy, a great team leader. He will be sorely missed and im very glad we got an opportunity to see him in a Broncos Uni. :salute!: His Jersey will probaly go on my wall next to some of my other retired broncos Favs
    sigpicPlease Help A die Hard Broncos Fan Out, And Share Or Pledge My Kickstarter Party Game "Help Wanted" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...help-wanted-0/

Comment

Lynch is one of my all time non-Falcon favorite players. He was a good one.

also.......I love Cyanide & Happiness. One of my all time favorite toons.

Comment

Anybody who knows me.......knows how much of a John Lynch fan....i am

See you in Canton John Lynch

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Congrats, Lynch. You're in Canton for sure. :salute!:

Comment

So he is retiring as Buc and a Bronco..............weird......is that how he is going into canton?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3702821
            sigpic

Comment

Our safeties suck this year. We needed him.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                So he is retiring as Buc and a Bronco..............weird......is that how he is going into canton?

Nah...hell go in as a Buc for sure.
                sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
                  Our safeties suck this year. We needed him.
                  I 100% agree with you L30...I wish he would've stayed here

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Where does Lynch rank?

In your opinion of all-time Bronco Safties? I have him #4 behind Steve Atwater, Billy Thompson, and Dennis Smith. If he would have been with Denver his whole career, no question #1, EASILY! For his career overall, he HAS to be included in the top 10 in the history of the NFL!

Comment

I'm not sure I'd put him at #1 if he'd played his whole career for the Broncos. Atwater has that spot locked up for me.

But I'd put him second, behind Atwater and before Smith.
                      In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Axe View Post
                        In your opinion of all-time Bronco Safties? I have him #4 behind Steve Atwater, Billy Thompson, and Dennis Smith. If he would have been with Denver his whole career, no question #1, EASILY! For his career overall, he HAS to be included in the top 10 in the history of the NFL!
                        I agree as to all time bronco 3rd or 4th. I must disagree as to all time NFL. Now that he's not a Bronco I dont have consider the ripple effect in his confidence! He is a great player you can scheme around but as far as being an all around true safety, I believe he lacked in many areas. There have been and are way to many great safeties to consider him in the top ten. I love his heart (top ten in that) but disaprove of his abilities top 30 definetly, 20maybe, top ten not even close! Sorry, but thats just my opinion.
                        I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Lynch to retire.

Great player and a sure fire Hall of Famer.

:salute!:

A book I wrote

Comment

If John Lynch goes to the Hall before Steve Atwater does, the Hall is BS.

Anyway. I never wanted to get too attached to Lynch, the guy just screamed "hired gun". Not a true Bronco, but a good one.
                            sigpic

TZ

Comment

Lynch was an MVP. Number 47 on the field and number 1 in your heart.
                              R.I.P Darrent Williams #27
                              R.I.P Damien Nash #29

Comment

Working...
                              X