"He was in better football shape than I had anticipated"-Shanny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "He was in better football shape than I had anticipated"-Shanny

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan has apparently changed his mind after early week speculation that Tatum Bell wasn't "in great football shape."

"I was really surprised he was in better football shape than I had anticipated," Shanahan said. Bell has been impressive in his first two practices, and it remains likely that he will play Sunday at Atlanta. Any speculation about a possible workload is just guesswork at this point.

Looks like Tatum wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to be "the guy" here in Denver :salute!:

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10979446

Bell a surprise.

Shanahan said he was pleasantly surprised by Tatum Bell's performance in his first two practices with the team after being signed Tuesday.

Bell had been out of football since being cut by Detroit after training camp.

After being released, Bell returned to Denver and had been working out on his own at a local 24 Hour Fitness, running at the track at Smoky Hill High and carrying a football around the house to "help me keep that itch."

With Peyton Hillis and P.J. Pope the only other healthy backs, Bell likely will play Sunday.

"I was really surprised he was in better football shape than I had anticipated," Shanahan said.

sigpic

Comment

Well that is good, should help silence the doubters a LITTLE bit...well see what happens Sunday tho.

Comment

In Madden he only has a 78 rating, but he plays much better than I anticipated.

I will reserve any further judgement until I see him play in a real game.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
          In Madden he only has a 78 rating, but he plays much better than I anticipated.

I will reserve any further judgement until I see him play in a real game.
          I can make a safety with <75 rating look like an all-star on madden (if he has good speed) lol

Good point though

sigpic

Comment

Well, Shanny knows his RBs and knows Tatum. I cant say I'd be all the excited to put him in my fantasy lineup this week, but I like his potential.

Run Tater Run!

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Joe View Post
              Well, Shanny knows his RBs and knows Tatum. I cant say I'd be all the excited to put him in my fantasy lineup this week, but I like his potential.

Run Tater Run!
              wouldn't it be funny if Tatum Bell emerged as our feature back...with multiple 100-yard rushing games and 5+ TD's????

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10979446

Bell a surprise.

Shanahan said he was pleasantly surprised by Tatum Bell's performance in his first two practices with the team after being signed Tuesday.

Bell had been out of football since being cut by Detroit after training camp.

After being released, Bell returned to Denver and had been working out on his own at a local 24 Hour Fitness, running at the track at Smoky Hill High and carrying a football around the house to "help me keep that itch."

With Peyton Hillis and P.J. Pope the only other healthy backs, Bell likely will play Sunday.

"I was really surprised he was in better football shape than I had anticipated," Shanahan said.

I hope Bell shows us his passion he still has left for the game on Sunday. Jay will become an even bigger threat to teams when they need to respect the run once again.

Comment

Man, I am so pumped to see how this pans out. If Bell is for real, the O is going to be so good. And that can keep our D off the field/not as tired. And THAT can give us a win.

Comment

im actually tempted to pick up bell on my fantasy team..Like it or not, hes not a bad fit for our offense

Comment

Maybe Shanny was REALLY underestimating him.

Meh we won't know till Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                        I hope Bell shows us his passion he still has left for the game on Sunday. Jay will become an even bigger threat to teams when they need to respect the run once again.
                        AMEN!

Hard to do play-action when the Defense aint buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
                          im actually tempted to pick up bell on my fantasy team..Like it or not, hes not a bad fit for our offense
                          I did. And, I picked up Hillis too. I don't know if I'll start either this week; I'm hoping that if I don't start one of them then I'll regret it!

I missed out on drafting any Broncos in the draft because there are 8 other Broncos fans in the league and they snatched them up quick. This was MY chance to have a Bronco on my team.

The news about Tatum being in better-than-anticipated shape is great news indeed. I'm starting to think that we'll see a different, more motivated, type of running style from him. He knows what it's like to be out of the league and what kind of a great opportunity he's been given. Now, if he can avoid injuries then we might be on to something here...

Gotta see him play first though.....
                          Winter is Coming!

Comment

Pro set will offset any inadequacy

There shouldn't even be an argument to say Pro set wont help the running game. Hillis looked tough enough in the Clev game to pound the D at FB, i hope i get to see that! Im happy to see others who think pounding the rock more will help the D by keeping them on their tush. Im giving CPs to all o you.
                            I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
                              There shouldn't even be an argument to say Pro set wont help the running game. Hillis looked tough enough in the Clev game to pound the D at FB, i hope i get to see that! Im happy to see others who think pounding the rock more will help the D by keeping them on their tush. Im giving CPs to all o you.
                              Hillis is more of that power-back type...doesn't have great speed but can't be easily tackled by one person. On the other hand, Tatum Bell is the speedster that (if he's as good as advertised) will get 5+ yards per carry when he goes into the game.

As much as people believe this will be an aerial assault game, I think that both teams will actually run the ball countless times

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X