X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Royal Is 2nd Best Offensive Rookie Of Year

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory...&photo=8788498

Eddie Royal, Broncos WR
    After just nine games, Royal already has set the franchise's rookie receiving record with 52 grabs for 625 yards. He also excels on punt returns with a 12.7-yard average.

[IMG][/IMG]

Damn, Matt Ryan edged out Royal by a hair :salute!:

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Whoops forgot to mention the point of the thread....

thoughts? Do you think Royal should've beat Matt Ryan???

sigpic

Comment

Guess whos number 5?
      ill give you a hint, theyre higher than jake long
      I am a Moss lover

Comment

Ryan Clady Is #5 Best Offensive Rookie

The first player in Boise State history to leave school early, Clady has quickly shown he was ready for the NFL after his junior year. Clady has only surrendered a half-sack, which is especially impressive considering Denver has attempted 348 passes.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 35istheFuture View Post
          Guess whos number 5?
          ill give you a hint, theyre higher than jake long
          I feel so stupid about not throwing in Ryan Clady...thanx for the heads up...he's on there now :salute!:

sigpic

Comment

Being a Bronco fan I would love to give it to Royal but man you can't discredit what Matt Ryan has done.

Going into a losing team surrounded by controversy he was a major part of turning that organization around.

Granted he didn't do it alone and he has talent around him but man not even Michael Vick could save Atlanta.

I love Royal though. Dude is amazing...!

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
              Being a Bronco fan I would love to give it to Royal but man you can't discredit what Matt Ryan has done.

Going into a losing team surrounded by controversy he was a major part of turning that organization around.

Granted he didn't do it alone and he has talent around him but man not even Michael Vick could save Atlanta.

I love Royal though. Dude is amazing...!
              Matt Ryan has been sensational...but he's doing it with an AMAZING running game which takes off all the pressure from Matt Ryan.

I want to see a team take away Atlanta's run game completely and see if Matt Ryan can carry the entire team to victory. Then I will be impressed

sigpic

Comment

I'd give Ryan the Numero Uno spot over Royal, but it is close. I'd suppose if you tried to compare WR to QB stats and come out with a level of play they are about equal. But I'll give it to Ryan since he really is bringing up the quality of the whole team and so he gets some extra credit for that beyond his good stats, and he doesnt have Jay Cutler throwing to him.

Comment

there are 2 good news
                  Matt Ryan might win ROY
                  and Flacco Shaved his unibrow

Comment

Ryan is good, but Eddie deserves rookie of the year. And Clady deserves to go to Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by FalconX View Post
                      there are 2 good news
                      Matt Ryan might win ROY
                      and Flacco Shaved his unibrow
                      here's the thing.

Do you know how Matt Ryan would play IF a team completely shut down your running game??? (the answer is no, you don't know if Matt Ryan could carry your team and lead comebacks yet...so until I see that, I'm not impressed)

Do you know how Joe Flacco would play IF his defense played horribly? (the answer is no. Ravens defense is phenomenal and it keeps the games close so Flacco doesn't have to win with his arm)

The moral of this post is that both Ryan and Flacco have a top 10 unit they can lean on to help them tremendously and make them look good. We don't know how good or bad one of these QB's will be IF one of the units they lean on suddenly collapses.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                        here's the thing.

Do you know how Matt Ryan would play IF a team completely shut down your running game??? (the answer is no, you don't know if Matt Ryan could carry your team and lead comebacks yet...so until I see that, I'm not impressed)

Do you know how Joe Flacco would play IF his defense played horribly? (the answer is no. Ravens defense is phenomenal and it keeps the games close so Flacco doesn't have to win with his arm)

The moral of this post is that both Ryan and Flacco have a top 10 unit they can lean on to help them tremendously and make them look good. We don't know how good or bad one of these QB's will be IF one of the units they lean on suddenly collapses.
                        WEEK 4
                        Atlanta Falcons V Chicago Bears

Michael Turner had 54 rushing yards on 25 carries
                        Matt Ryan Threw 301 yards on the Chicago Bears Defense to win the game
                        it also included Matt throwing a TD with 11 secs remaining to set up a game winning field goal
                        http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_i...tab_gamecenter
                        have fun - watch the video
                        Last edited by FalconX; 11-14-2008, 03:50 PM.

Comment

WEEK 4

Michael Turner had 54 rushing yards
                          Matt Ryan didn't engineer a comeback. He didn't have to carry the team on his back because his team wasn't down 10+ points...did he?

Before crowning Matt Ryan the best rookie of 2008, I want to see him carry the entire team on his back for a win..that's all I'm sayin Falcon fan.

(ex. Jay Cutler throwing 3 TD passes in the 4th Quarter to win the game @ Cleveland....maybe not that dramatic, but something near it)

sigpic

Comment

WEEK 4

Michael Turner had 54 rushing yards on 25 carries
                            it also included Matt throwing a TD with 11 secs remaining to set up a game winning field goal
                            http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_i...tab_gamecenter
                            have fun - watch the video
                            'have fun"

I like Matt Ryan and think he's a good QB and definitely wins the ROY award, but this is just flat out funny

One season doesn't make a career....

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                              Matt Ryan didn't engineer a comeback. He didn't have to carry the team on his back because his team wasn't down 10+ points...did he?

Before crowning Matt Ryan the best rookie of 2008, I want to see him carry the entire team on his back for a win..that's all I'm sayin Falcon fan.

(ex. Jay Cutler throwing 3 TD passes in the 4th Quarter to win the game @ Cleveland....maybe not that dramatic, but something near it)
                              so you want a rookie QB to do the same thing a 3 year vet did to a really bad browns defense?
                              i dont see the point - even rookie mastermind QBs have limits

Comment

Working...
                              X