Eddie Royal Is 2nd Best Offensive Rookie Of Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shutdown View Post
    He looks like a computer programmer, not a football player.
    especially when he's sporting the nasty unibrow

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

i gotta say, matt ryan looks legit, and at this point he's prob gonna edge out eddie for ROY. taking nothing away from eddie tho, he's proven that he can make tough catches and game winning catches as well, matt will win just because the team made such a huge turn around and his position gets more hype. but i think eddie is as good at receiver as matt is at qb if that makes sense
      Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
      vs.
      Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
      Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
      First Round Pick TBA

Comment

Originally posted by Goatmaster View Post
        i gotta say, matt ryan looks legit, and at this point he's prob gonna edge out eddie for ROY. taking nothing away from eddie tho, he's proven that he can make tough catches and game winning catches as well, matt will win just because the team made such a huge turn around and his position gets more hype. but i think eddie is as good at receiver as matt is at qb if that makes sense
        Dont overlook Chris Johnson for Rookie Of Year...the NFL tends to pay more attention to the Runningbacks more than any other position...second is Quarterback. Johnson is on pace to have more than 1,000 yards rushing...and that appeals to those stupid judges who chose the winner

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I'm so confused.... was that an official poll or speculation? So in, in reality, right now it doesn't really matter? There are 7 weeks left to make a case or go home... and right now there are a handful of rookies making a case.
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

How has this thread gone 3 pages w/o matt forte being mentioned. That's pretty ridiculous. Look, I like Royal as much as the rest of you, and think he's going to be a great WR in this league. But looking at this year alone, Forte is, in my mind, the clear cut rookie of the year.

Matt Forte
            189 Rushing Attempts
            713 Yards
            4 TDs

37 Receptions
            282 Yards
            3 TDs

This kid basically carried the Bears on his back until Orton got into the groove of things.

Comment

Matt Ryan wins it hands down... The vote isnt even going to be close. I say Royal is 4th or 5th at best. He is stil only the second best reciever on a mediocre offense. Plus the fact that he really only has put up numbers in 3 games. All these things are going to work agianst him. Throw in that he is going agianst 2 QB's from teams that are playoff bound, and Chris Johnson is playing great for an undefeated team. Also Clady is going to take away some of his votes.

As for those you you that are knocking Ryan. He is the real deal. I will go with what every expert is saying on this one. He is the most impressive young QB in the league. He wins ball games, and he plays smart with the ball. Two things that I wish Cutler would do
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                'have fun"

I like Matt Ryan and think he's a good QB and definitely wins the ROY award, but this is just flat out funny

One season doesn't make a career....
                Hmm. Exactly how is what he posted suggesting that Ryan will be that way his entire career? The topic of the thread is about ROY, and there is no doubt that Ryan IS the ROY in the NFL. If not, then the award is meaningless.

People seem to be making a big deal about Royal and then putting conditions on Ryan about how he does with no running game behind him. That goes both ways. One can just as easily argue the point that, if Denver actually had a running game, or a defense to keep another team from scoring, his opportunities would be far below what they are.

Drew Brees, our opponent last week, is a perfect example. Yes, he has incredible numbers, just like your QB, but the reason for it is that's the entire offense for your teams. If you and the Saints were able to run a balanced attack, those numbers would change completely.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                  Dont overlook Chris Johnson for Rookie Of Year...the NFL tends to pay more attention to the Runningbacks more than any other position...second is Quarterback. Johnson is on pace to have more than 1,000 yards rushing...and that appeals to those stupid judges who chose the winner
                  you really think QBs come in second to Rbs

its not that they are overlooked its just that rookie QBs rarely start and when they do they do not play that well
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
                    Being a Bronco fan I would love to give it to Royal but man you can't discredit what Matt Ryan has done.

Going into a losing team surrounded by controversy he was a major part of turning that organization around.

Granted he didn't do it alone and he has talent around him but man not even Michael Vick could save Atlanta.

I love Royal though. Dude is amazing...!
                    To be honest i would give more credit to Turner. although with out those two they still wouldnt be nothing.
                    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                    While he sits by his hearth at home.
                    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by FalconX View Post
                      you got be kidding... all this time i make sensible comments
                      you guys try to push me to my limits my making up stuff i did not say
                      then some idiot insults me and my team by saying "wow Atlanta has a fan"
                      you want me to rollover and take the beating?
                      It's best to just ignore getlynched47 sometimes.

But I do agree, Matt Ryan very well could win the ROY. But he's got a long ways to go. Matt Ryan is a very good QB who came from a school that usually produces great pros. So I'm not too surprised at how well he's playing.

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
                        It's best to just ignore getlynched47 sometimes.

But I do agree, Matt Ryan very well could win the ROY. But he's got a long ways to go. Matt Ryan is a very good QB who came from a school that usually produces great pros. So I'm not too surprised at how well he's playing.
                        Im broncosinindy and i support this message.
                        Last edited by Broncosinindy; 11-16-2008, 12:55 AM.
                        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                        While he sits by his hearth at home.
                        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Our 1st and 2nd round draft picks in the top 5? I'll take it. If only we could draft some defensive talent the way we've been drafting offense.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                            Whoops forgot to mention the point of the thread....

thoughts? Do you think Royal should've beat Matt Ryan???
                            No. Matt Ryan is most definately the ROTY. He plays a more crucial position and he went into a pretty crappy situation with the whole Vick thing and everything. Expectations were crazy high for him and so far up to this point he has came through.
                            Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

Working...
                            X