Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Plummer take us to the big dance?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can Plummer take us to the big dance?

    Ok so we've added tons of talent to a Defense that was ranked 4th last year. Our Defense is going to be solid this season, thats really not in doubt at this point.

    Our offense concerns me a little.
    Our line is still one of the best in the NFL and it will be among the best as long as we have Nalen and Neil anchoring it. We've got a huge mammoth at right tackle and Lepsis should play pretty good on the left side because he has so much expierience in Denver's system. Plus we signed Cornell Green, so we have depth on our O-Line.

    Our running game should be decent this season, solely based on the play of our line in the psat few seasons. Plus we have some talented guys back there, and we have a reliable runner in Hearst in case no one is able to step up.

    Our Receivers are decent, we still have Smith, although he is aging and cannot catch 100+ balls a season anymore. Lelie will contribute as will Watts and whoever else we put in there. Our TE's are no longer among the elite in the league with the loss of Sharpe, but they are still capable of doing damage to defenses.

    You guys know all this so here's my question to y'all.
    Do you think that Plummer can stay healthy, get us into the postseason, and take us to the Superbowl??? I think that will be the determining factor for us this year. Basicly our whole season depends on #16. If he goes down with an injury for an extended period of time, we're done. You saw what happened last year. If he stays healthy, we should make it into the playoffs. I know Plummer has the talent and smarts to take a team to the playoffs because he's done it before in Arizona. So assuming we do make the playoffs can Plummer play well enough to win a Championship for us? In my opinion he will have to put together the type of Postseason that Jake Delhomme had last year. He's got to be careful with the ball, not turning it over, and he has to be able to make the big throws in key situations. So can he do it?

    What do you guys think?
    The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

    2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

    Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

  • #2
    I think our entire season hinges on the play of the Offensive line. Then again, so does everyone else's, because that's football!

    Comment


    • #3
      actually i think our O-Line unit is the best asset the Broncos have at the moment.
      The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

      2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

      Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

      Comment


      • #4
        The O-Line is the playmaker. They open up the running game, and once you have that down, its the passing game.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yep then you get those play action bootlegs going.
          The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

          2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

          Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CONative2291984
            actually i think our O-Line unit is the best asset the Broncos have at the moment.
            Those puny little men you have on Oline going to have trouble handling Bigh Defensivelineman. This could be Plummer .

            http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photo...allery-sp5.jpg
            http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ALELCOFJPHFH/112804gallery-sp10.jpg

            Comment


            • #7
              That's why I contend that the Raiders had one of the best drafts this year of anybody. Eveyone thinks they are going to be pushovers, and they aren't.

              Trent Green and Priest Holmes are both productive largely in part to an awesome Kansas City O-line. Last year it had been together as a unit for 6 years straight, I believe. They lost Tait this year tho, so lets hope they slide a little!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Raiderjoe
                Those puny little men you have on Oline going to have trouble handling Bigh Defensivelineman. This could be Plummer .

                http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photo...allery-sp5.jpg

                You may have beasts on your D line but if it comes down to it Plummer can outrun them.
                The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

                2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

                Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CONative2291984
                  You may have beasts on your D line but if it comes down to it Plummer can outrun them.
                  Dl job is to occupy as many blockers as possible(they aren't going to make many plays) and let the lbs make the plays. Dl did there job first preseason game but Lbs tackling was atrociuos. Its understandable for the first preseason game but that must improve for the Raiders defense to be as good as I saidn they will be.


                  BTW That former KC Chief 2001 draft choice DT Terdell Sands 6'7 340 (like him alot but thought he needed more time) When they signed Grady Jackson they try and sneak him to practice squad. Raiders signed him off their practice squad. Mostly going to be Ted Washingtron backup at NT . Imagine T sands 6'7 340 and Ted Washington 6'5 375 playing Dt in a 4-3 defense.
                  http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ALELCOFJPHFH/112804gallery-sp10.jpg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Raiderjoe
                    Dl job is to occupy as many blockers as possible(they aren't going to make many plays) and let the lbs make the plays. Dl did there job first preseason game but Lbs tackling was atrociuos. Its understandable for the first preseason game but that must improve for the Raiders defense to be as good as I saidn they will be.


                    BTW That former KC Chief 2001 draft choice DT Terdell Sands 6'7 340 (like him alot but thought he needed more time) When they signed Grady Jackson they try and sneak him to practice squad. Raiders signed him off their practice squad. Mostly going to be Ted Washingtron backup at NT . Imagine T sands 6'7 340 and Ted Washington 6'5 375 playing Dt in a 4-3 defense.
                    You poor delusional fool. When are you going get your head out of your butt moronjoe?
                    John 11: 25-27

                    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                    Thanks Snk16

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Blah blah raiders blah blah suck blah blah.

                      I wouldnt worry about Plummer as much as our WR making catches when they need to, ie not in practice. Also we have bigger concerns on our O line, it will be hard for him to complete passes if he is running for his life and his WR dont adjust and make tough catches.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Raiderjoe
                        Those puny little men you have on Oline going to have trouble handling Bigh Defensivelineman. This could be Plummer .
                        <Yawn> Man, you are duller than a white plastic knife. Are the Raiders boards still banning you for being such a homer?
                        "You can't take the sky from me..."
                        ------
                        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Javalon
                          <Yawn> Man, you are duller than a white plastic knife. Are the Raiders boards still banning you for being such a homer?
                          John 11: 25-27

                          My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                          Thanks Snk16

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Raiderjoe
                            Those puny little men you have on Oline going to have trouble handling Bigh Defensivelineman. This could be Plummer .

                            http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photo...allery-sp5.jpg
                            When the broncos won the SB in 97 they had the lowest average weight in the NFL at under 300 lbs.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by EMCF
                              When the broncos won the SB in 97 they had the lowest average weight in the NFL at under 300 lbs.
                              And we defeated the largest defensive line in the NFL in the Super Bowl, the Green Bay Packers.

                              But RaiderSchmoe doesn't care about that because it means his fat tubs of lard on defense won't necessarily dominate just because they're fat.
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X