No announcement yet.

Deltha O`Neal....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Deltha will be waived come seasons end and he will probably quickly be picked up by another team. I think he'll find his knack somewhere else. Best of luck to him.
    BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

Comment

Just like Eddie Kennison....

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Deltha

There's no question that the Broncos need help at CB. Our top defender who we expected to be the big play guy is Deltha. It didn't pan out and now we started the season with untested guys. They are good, but we need that big play guy to guard other team's #1 receivers. Deltha couldn't handle the duties and now we are suffering. Hopefully he bounces back from this slump because I think he could be great. If not we need to get someone!

Comment

Oops! Sorry this was supposed to be a reply to Onealfan24's thread on Deltha O'Neal.

Comment

To compare Deltha to Eddie Quitterson is completely unfair. Things may not be working out for Deltha in Denver as we all had hoped but Eddie walked into the coaches office a matter of hours before a big game and said he quit the team. I think Deltha is a good kid who probably just needs a change of scenery, Quitterson is a complete B1tch.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMatt
              Eddie Quitterson
              lol, brilliant in its schoolyard simplicity!
              sigpic
              go broncos
              share the sidewalk
              liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

O'Neal

I don't think that he changed his style, I just don't think that the broncos coaching on defense hasn't helped him to develope. He has been teaching his self the position.

Comment

well whoever is teaching the CB position, should get his stuff together. Deltha is the biggest turnover threat we have and nobody seems to realize that. Peopel wonder why we dont get interceptions, Deltha is the guy who can get them. He just needs to stay at base until the ball is thrown, simple. He hesitates and ends up out of position. maybe he should watch lenny walls how to get in good position, then, he could learn that and become a starter again. he has the potential to become very valuable when he is out there without cancelling out every good play he makes with a bad one. The CB coach needs to realize that and work with him during practice.
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Well it's easy to sit on your ass and criticize someone when you dont understand how difficult his position is. He's not the biggest CB in the league but he plays with alot of heart, it might not been shown in a few games but hell, its hard when you know people are on your nuts all day and everyday watching you're every move. He's had a bad year....point blank. Like many players do and I know he has the ability to rebound. Now if he goes out Sunday and has a big game people will be praising him so let's just wait and see how the season ends before we try to predict his future with the Broncos.
                    Take care of business Broncos.

Comment

i hope shanahan is trying to show deltha the WR position and then teach him what to do on what route and get him familiar with the patterns and just get him used to WR's. Then switch him back to CB and let him loose in the secondary. I hope thats what shannahan is doing and if so, i think it is a brilliant move cause deltha obviously needs another way to learn how to cover WR than the conventional coach and student way. I hope deltha learns a lot and helps us on defense cause we really dont need him at WR in my opinion.
                      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

O'Neal

I have played corner and still do in a football league. It is one of the hardest position I have ever played because I'm 5'9 180. So I can understand some of Deltha's problems. But his technic needs some work for him to get back to where he was last year. And Denver is not supporting him in the right way to help him get out the slump.

Comment

Re: O'Neal

Originally posted by DavisMVP
                          I have played corner and still do in a football league. It is one of the hardest position I have ever played because I'm 5'9 180. So I can understand some of Deltha's problems. But his technic needs some work for him to get back to where he was last year. And Denver is not supporting him in the right way to help him get out the slump.
                          i guess if deltha cant learnm to cover a WR after actually BEING a WR himself, then i guess there is no way for him to learn and all his talent will be wasted for us. i hope this WR experience teaches him all he needs to know to be a valuable weapon on defense.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Wide Reciever

Playing wide out will help him to recognize some of the routes that he will see in the game. But it will be up to him in the game to tell which route is which, and good recievers try to make most of thier routes look the same.

Comment

Working...
                            X