Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB Andrew Pinnock Signed (Almost)-Larsen the MLB

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...-when-injured/

Still looking for depth in the backfield, and with Spencer Larsen now starting at middle linebacker, the Broncos are set to bring in fullback Andrew Pinnock for another visit early next week.

They are expected to then sign the veteran if they don’t have to make any additional adjustments to the roster because of injury after Sunday’s game against Oakland and Pinnock’s knee checks out.

The Broncos had Pinnock in for a physical Thursday — he also worked out for the team Nov. 10 — and want to bring him back one more time for a look at his left knee.

Pinnock had microfracture surgery on the knee in February. He had spent part of training camp for the Chargers on the physically unable to perform list, but had practiced some before camp closed.

He did not play in any preseason games, though. He was Lorenzo Neal’s backup there for five seasons, but San Diego released Pinnock just before the start of the season, when rookie Mike Tolbert won the fullback job.

Pinnock has had several workouts around the league in recent weeks.

Maybe this means Larsen gets to permanently play Middle Linebacker

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

*yay*

finally got a MLB with real potential. that and i think its impossible to bench the rookie of the week from the week before...
    sig pic removed by mod staff.
    we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Why not have Hillis play FB??

He better get a lot of HB carries if they're not going to let him play FB at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shutdown View Post

He better get a lot of HB carries if they're not going to let him play FB at all.
        this is just a temporary move. Hillis will be our starting FB once all of our Runningbacks are healthy again :salute!:

sigpic

Comment

Yeah..Let larsen play MB, let Dj stay at WLB and woodyard can take strong side. Yes its a big job for woodyard, but im telling you this kid is going to be a great lb for us for years to come. It'll be tough, but I think he can handle it and hopefully he can adapt to it. Plus, Dj has great reading ability so he'll give support to woodyard. Larsen fills the hole and seems like he loves contact.

^ That linebacker core with Hillis eventually at FB and Bell and Young as our 2 RB's will greatly improve our chances of having a well balanced run attack to accompany our passing game, and the youth at LB should give some spark to our defense.

I think last game against the falcons was the best linebacking we have had all year against arguably the best rushing team we have faced.

Comment

I've been saying to let Woodyard play the SLB for a long time now!!!! but people give me the excuse that "he's undersized"

sigpic

Comment

Well non believers? Say hello to Spencer Larsen. He'll be your starting MLB for lots of years to come. Nate will make a nice backup
              Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                I've been saying to let Woodyard play the SLB for a long time now!!!! but people give me the excuse that "he's undersized"

I have said it too. He can do it. Him and larsen are super young, their wanting to make statements with their playing, so we'll be seeing good football out of them, let em play!

Comment

Oh I'm sure he will likely still play plenty of Fullback. It's just with Hillis being a Running Back as well, and Larsen playing Middle Linebacker, it's good to have another option. Hillis and Larsen already have so many responsibilities(and Larsen may not play anymore Fullback for all we know), so we could use another Fullback. I thought Pinnock was an intriguing player at one point, I'm curious what his role is.

Comment

Im tellin ya bro !!! this kid has been nouthing but a str8 up beast for us this ;year if they rodney dangerfield this guy im gunna be str8 pissed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aija View Post
                      Well non believers? Say hello to Spencer Larsen. He'll be your starting MLB for lots of years to come. Nate will make a nice backup
                      Hello 4.85 to 4.95 in the 40 starting MLB that's going to get killed in coverage for lots of years to come.......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                        Hello 4.85 to 4.95 in the 40 starting MLB that's going to get killed in coverage for lots of years to come.......
                        hmm not sure what you mean by that please expaine sirry drunk as the usual

Comment

I hope Larsen does not play at FB, he belongs to the defese. Hmmm, a MLB wearing #46, weird... Hillis should be our FB with Bell and Pope at RB, it does not mean he would not carry the ball. Hillis could also be the RB when we use the single back formations.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aija View Post
                            When Nate and DJ come back, our starters will be Winborn, Webster, Williams. I'm not for it either, but I'll bet that's what happens. Larsen will not be our staring MLB for the rest of the season unfortunately. Woodyard IS too small to be the SLB too. Plus, he's not suited to play that position. He's strictly a WLB, and there is no way that he's replacing DJ Williams. It's unfortunate, but that's the way things are. I'm sure many here will argue, but I'm telling you now, Shanny will not have our backups starting once the starters are back, even if we can all clearly see that the backups have been playing better than the starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
                              When Nate and DJ come back, our starters will be Winborn, Webster, Williams. I'm not for it either, but I'll bet that's what happens. Larsen will not be our staring MLB for the rest of the season unfortunately. Woodyard IS too small to be the SLB too. Plus, he's not suited to play that position. He's strictly a WLB, and there is no way that he's replacing DJ Williams. It's unfortunate, but that's the way things are. I'm sure many here will argue, but I'm telling you now, Shanny will not have our backups starting once the starters are back, even if we can all clearly see that the backups have been playing better than the starters.
                              Somehow I think that Larsen would have solidified his position as a starter by then. Starters will be DJ, Larsen and Winborn. As much as Winborn talks he is our best Cover LB
                              Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Working...
                              X