FB Andrew Pinnock Signed (Almost)-Larsen the MLB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I hope Larsen does not play at FB, he belongs to the defese. Hmmm, a MLB wearing #46, weird... Hillis should be our FB with Bell and Pope at RB, it does not mean he would not carry the ball. Hillis could also be the RB when we use the single back formations.
    My thoughts exactly
    bell/pope===rb
    hillis===fb

larsen====Mlb (duhhh)

Comment

If Spencer starts the next 2 games, he will start for a LONG time...

Webster= Wally Pipped

Oh and keep in mind this is his second week practicing at MLB since this summer.. also he was a Weakside LB in college...He can play all 3 spots!! We need him in the middle though... For those saying he is to slow, just watch him close..He has great field speed with sometimes cat like quickness vs Olinemen and others, he is fast in his drops and is a real good open field tackler..

I really like our linebackers with Woodyard,Larsen,Williams and Winborn(to me he has played great of late)!! Last week was awesome...I have a feeling they will keep stepping it up....After watching him for 5 seasons, I know Spencer will...Pretty damn sure Wesley will too...with LBs lighting struck twice this year, once in the 6th round and the other as a free agent..

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
        I've been saying to let Woodyard play the SLB for a long time now!!!! but people give me the excuse that "he's undersized"
        uh dude... he plays WLB ...
        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
        While he sits by his hearth at home.
        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shutdown View Post
          Why not have Hillis play FB??

He better get a lot of HB carries if they're not going to let him play FB at all.
          He probably will still play fullback. I think in 3rd and short and things like that we will have Pinnock in there with Hillis as the HB.

Hillis isn't your traditional blocking fullback. He is a playmaker. We didn't have a real fullback on the roster.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys! That does make sense. I just wanted to make sure Hillis wasn't getting screwed here. I couldn't imagine it after the way he's been playing--what you guys have all said seems like it's probably the plan :salute!:

Comment

Woodyard is NOT too small for ANY LB spot!

Originally posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
              When Nate and DJ come back, our starters will be Winborn, Webster, Williams. I'm not for it either, but I'll bet that's what happens. Larsen will not be our staring MLB for the rest of the season unfortunately. Woodyard IS too small to be the SLB too. Plus, he's not suited to play that position. He's strictly a WLB, and there is no way that he's replacing DJ Williams. It's unfortunate, but that's the way things are. I'm sure many here will argue, but I'm telling you now, Shanny will not have our backups starting once the starters are back, even if we can all clearly see that the backups have been playing better than the starters.
              Huh? Why do I keep hearing guys say Woodyard is too small? HE'S BIGGER THAN WINBORN! Winborn is doing a respectable job at SAM right now but he gives up about 2" in height to Woodyard at the same weight (230 lbs) - look it up. Woodyard actually has put on about 15 lbs since college - he's roughly the same size as our other LBs.

Bailey - 6'3", 232 lbs (SAM)
              Green - 6'3", 237 lbs (WILL/SAM)
              DJ - 6'1", 240 lbs (WILL)
              Winborn - 5'11", 230 lbs (SAM)
              Woodyard - 6'1", 230 lbs (WILL - but could play SAM!)
              Larsen - 6'2", 240 lbs (MIKE)
              Webster - 6'0", 230 lbs (MIKE)
              Niko - 6'2", 238 lbs (MIKE)

How is Woodyard too small? He's roughly the average for all our LBs not matter what position they play.

LB is NOT about size, anyway. It's about attitude. Mike Singletary was NOT a big guy. Neither was Jack Lambert. Sam Mills (RIP) was TINY, but he was a beast! John Mobley played SAM for us for years at 6' and about 230 lbs and nobody said he was too small. If you check the facts, Woodyard is one of our average sized LBs.

If we can't start him at LB, I'd say make him lose 10 lbs and play him at Safety.
              Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 11-22-2008, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
                Huh? Why do I keep hearing guys say Woodyard is too small? HE'S BIGGER THAN WINBORN! Winborn is doing a respectable job at SAM right now but he gives up about 2" in height to Woodyard at the same weight (230 lbs) - look it up. Woodyard actually has put on about 15 lbs since college - he's roughly the same size as our other LBs.

Bailey - 6'3", 232 lbs (SAM)
                Green - 6'3", 237 lbs (WILL/SAM)
                DJ - 6'1", 240 lbs (WILL)
                Winborn - 5'11", 230 lbs (SAM)
                Woodyard - 6'1", 230 lbs (WILL - but could play SAM!)
                Larsen - 6'2", 240 lbs (MIKE)
                Webster - 6'0", 230 lbs (MIKE)
                Niko - 6'2", 238 lbs (MIKE)

How is Woodyard too small? He's roughly the average for all our LBs not matter what position they play.

LB is NOT about size, anyway. It's about attitude. Mike Singletary was NOT a big guy. Neither was Jack Lambert. Sam Mills (RIP) was TINY, but he was a beast! John Mobley played SAM for us for years at 6' and about 230 lbs and nobody said he was too small. If you check the facts, Woodyard is one of our average sized LBs.

If we can't start him at LB, I'd say make him lose 10 lbs and play him at Safety.
                :clap: thank you!! Woodyard is not too small, and I he deserves to be a fulltime starter, he's amazing :salute!:

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

:clap: thank you!! Woodyard is not too small, and I he deserves to be a fulltime starter, he's amazing :salute!:

How is he amazing *** has he even done other then miss tackles left and right and get shacken out of his shoes in the Pre-Season.. Serously thats all I saw, while you fanatics here were drooling over the guy I was watching him look almost as bad as Niko out there.

If he was so "AMAZING" why didn't he start!??....

Ever week I have to hear you fanatics pro-claim another Rookie the next big freaking thing, and then sit back and laugh when 89% of the time your dead wrong. I think I started really noticing it around the Q. Griffen AGE, you know the Broncos verson of "Barry Sanders" ROFL. We all know how well that worked out....

Comment

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
                    How is he amazing *** has he even done other then miss tackles left and right and get shacken out of his shoes in the Pre-Season.. Serously thats all I saw, while you fanatics here were drooling over the guy I was watching him look almost as bad as Niko out there.

If he was so "AMAZING" why didn't he start!??....

Ever week I have to hear you fanatics pro-claim another Rookie the next big freaking thing, and then sit back and laugh when 89% of the time your dead wrong. I think I started really noticing it around the Q. Griffen AGE, you know the Broncos verson of "Barry Sanders" ROFL. We all know how well that worked out....
                    Calm dowm sheesh. He played great.
                    Oh and btw you should check this place out
                    its pretty cheap and should help you out
                    http://www.luckyvitamin.com/item/?it....shopzilla.com

gooo woodyard!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
                      How is he amazing *** has he even done other then miss tackles left and right and get shacken out of his shoes in the Pre-Season.
                      Are you talking about Woodyard or Winborn? Woodyard made play after play, Winborn is the one that looked slow and missed tackles. As far as depth and position capabilities mentioned by HorsePower56, I think you got some of the positions wrong. Here's what I'd do:

Starters
                      DJ- 6'1" 240 (Will)
                      Larsen- 6'2" 240 (Mike)
                      Boss- 6'3" 232 (Sam)

Back-ups
                      Woodyard- 6'1" 230 (Will/Sam) Actually 220ish, but has the ability to play Sam
                      Niko- 6'2" 238 (Mike/Will) Good instincts but not a Man-Cover guy
                      Green- 6'3" 237 (Sam/Mike) Coverage player that cuts through traffic

Cut 'em
                      Winborn- 5'11" 230 (Sam/Will) Too slow to play, but good instincts
                      Webster- 6'0" 230 (Mike/Sam) Lousy football player in every way
                      Haggan- 6'3" 263 (LB) Too slow to be anything but emergency depth

Comment

Pinnock had microfracture surgery on the knee in February. He had spent part of training camp for the Chargers on the physically unable to perform list, but had practiced some before camp closed.
                        Microfracture surgery is a pretty significant surgery. There is no way he is going to be 100%.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
                          uh dude... he plays WLB ...
                          ummm..yeah I know that..if you would read the thread then you would see that I'm talking to another poster about how Wesley Woodyard isn't too small to play SLB.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
                            Are you talking about Woodyard or Winborn? Woodyard made play after play, Winborn is the one that looked slow and missed tackles. As far as depth and position capabilities mentioned by HorsePower56, I think you got some of the positions wrong. Here's what I'd do:

Starters
                            DJ- 6'1" 240 (Will)
                            Larsen- 6'2" 240 (Mike)
                            Boss- 6'3" 232 (Sam)

Back-ups
                            Woodyard- 6'1" 230 (Will/Sam) Actually 220ish, but has the ability to play Sam
                            Niko- 6'2" 238 (Mike/Will) Good instincts but not a Man-Cover guy
                            Green- 6'3" 237 (Sam/Mike) Coverage player that cuts through traffic

Cut 'em
                            Winborn- 5'11" 230 (Sam/Will) Too slow to play, but good instincts
                            Webster- 6'0" 230 (Mike/Sam) Lousy football player in every way
                            Haggan- 6'3" 263 (LB) Too slow to be anything but emergency depth
                            Somebody made a thread when Boss Bailey got hurt. Reportedly his injury could be career ending...so we need to start looking at someone different for the SLB position (assuming Boss has complications with his recovery)

Winborn has been good, why cut him???? Niko needs to get cut...Webster is on a contract year and I doubt we re-sign him....and Haggan hasn't even seen the field besides on special teams

sigpic

Comment

Whatever happened to Alex Haynes playing full-back?

Comment

Originally posted by RxDx View Post
                                Whatever happened to Alex Haynes playing full-back?
                                He ain't even on the team anymore bro

Comment

Working...
                                X