Post game rants---Oakland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game rants---Oakland

Matt Prater has only made 4/7 in our last three games. Just wanted to see what your thoughts were since it hasn't been discussed (as far as I know).

IMO it's not a alarming issue yet because we've won two straight, but the inconsistency worries me a little bit. Another 3 points in the Miami game could have helped out at the end.

vs. Miami : Missed from 49 yards
    @ Cleveland : Missed from 38 yards
    @ Atlanta : Missed from 49 yards

What do you think?

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    Matt Prater has only made 4/7 in our last three games. Just wanted to see what your thoughts were since it hasn't been discussed (as far as I know).

IMO it's not a alarming issue yet because we've won two straight, but the inconsistency worries me a little bit. Another 3 points in the Miami game could have helped out at the end.

What do you think?
    I think we need to back those 49 yarders back a yard. The guy is 5 for 5 on 50+ers.

Comment

He's got the leg obviously, but not the accuracy. I feel better him kicking from 55 yards away than from 45.

sigpic

Comment

I love his big leg, but his accuracy makes me nervous.
        sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

What do you think?
          As far as the Miami game goes, that loss was entirely on Cutler's performance. Take away the first two of his INT's and we win the game based taking away the points scored off of them. On top of that it means we would have had the ball longer and might have gotten a score.

Comment

the kicker position is in large part all about how you handle pressure. as long as we dont give him alot of crap about his occasional mistakes he'll get over them and come back strong. have faith in the guy, after all hes in the top five for pro bowl voting
            Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
            vs.
            Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
            Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
            First Round Pick TBA

Comment

I don't trust him. And I bet if the game came down to a last second field goal, Prater would miss it.
              sigpic

Comment

What do you think?
                I think the 38 yarder was bad..49 yards are pretty long. But if Elam says he is the real deal I am all for forgive and forget.
                Originally posted by baphamet
                are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

He's been solid.. VERY solid. His kick-offs alone have helped this team tremendously. I think we need to stop nit-picking everything about every player, and think that everything needs to be complained... explained.. diagnosed...discussed.. looked at.. re-hashed.. and or biotched about.

He just needs some seasoning in the NFL.... yet we want to complain about 49 yrd FGs being missed?

So far the kid has been solid.... there is nothing to complain about here. His accuracy is fine.

Comment

Sorry, kinda off-topic, but did you guys notice Prater's tattoos?

Has he always had those? I don't ever remember seeing them before.

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerIsBetter View Post
                      Sorry, kinda off-topic, but did you guys notice Prater's tattoos?

Has he always had those? I don't ever remember seeing them before.
                      I was wondering the same thing, when did he get those, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                        As far as the Miami game goes, that loss was entirely on Cutler's performance. Take away the first two of his INT's and we win the game based taking away the points scored off of them. On top of that it means we would have had the ball longer and might have gotten a score.
                        Actually not even just the first 2 int's. The third one also led to an easy 3. (not to mention that the third int was immediately following the bs offensive pass interference on marshall that erased a td) So there could have been a huge point difference in that game if it weren't for the offenses mistakes. Can't completely blame Prater. Though his recent misses have worried me a bit though they haven't cost us the game yet.
                        sigpic

Comment

Love the leg he has but his accuarcy really worries me but he is still young hopefully the accuarcy will come later (this year though)

Comment

Someone Please explain to me where all this "accuracy" concerns are coming from when he's missed just 4 FGs all year, and two of those were 49 yrders??

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                              Someone Please explain to me where all this "accuracy" concerns are coming from when he's missed just 4 FGs all year, and two of those were 49 yrders??
                              He has missed a few chipshots in the regular season and he missed 1 or 2 chipshots in the preseason this year. He was also 1-4 for Atlanta last year.

I just don't trust him yet. He has a respectable percentage, I guess after he makes his first gamewinning field goal I will come around to him.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X