Mike Shanahan should NOT be fired, under ANY circumstance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigJuan View Post
    so for all you guys that think firing shanny is the answer who do you suppose we bring in to run things.. its a bad loss it happens, it sucks but it happens in 5 weeks when we make the playoffs all the same guys on here saying fire shanny will be praising him.. i got an idea how about all the hotheads wait 24 hours after a loss then come back and post..
    Because it's not just the loss that bothers me. It HOW we lost that has me concerned.

I'm just going to say it - we quit. After that tochdown drive to start the 2nd half, the entire team (coaching staff included) just gave up. It was by far the worst overall performance I've seen from the Broncos (given the competition) in YEARS.

This is the type of loss that ruins a season.
    sigpic

Comment

There isn't any reason to fire Shannahan, but Slowik has got to go. How long can someone refuse to do their job before they are let go?
      vote HILLIS in 2009!

Comment

Originally posted by armchair scout View Post
        There isn't any reason to fire Shannahan, but Slowik has got to go. How long can someone refuse to do their job before they are let go?
        did you seriously just imply that Slowik is refusing to do his job????

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
          And in the last 3 yars haven't we had 3 different Defensive Coordinators? I am just saying...........
          Once again, no we have not. Bates was assistant head coach/defense and Slowik was DC. He has been our DC this whole time and the results never change.
          vote HILLIS in 2009!

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
            did you seriously just imply that Slowik is refusing to do his job????
            Yes i did. His job is to game plan for opposing offenses in a way that doesn't make the worst of them look like the best. The Raiders can't score on anyone, but us. Kansas City can't beat anyone, but us. After nearly two years of the defense refusing to improve under Slowik I think the assessment is fair. They don't even have basic tackling skills and it has been this way for the whole season and most of last year. Doesn't he see this on film?
            vote HILLIS in 2009!

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
              Go ahead and bash him all you want, if you think he should be fired, you are WRONG.

First, the basics:

This is what you guys want:

Let's go sign a new coach a year after we've been decimated by injuries and the team is filled with young developing talent.

Then, we can get a new coach, who's probably a lot younger and more inexperienced, completely change the playbook, and move backwards five years.

Because that makes sense.

I'd assume that even the least knowledgeable football fans understand the impact momentum has on the game.

It's a big impact.

All you can ask the coach to do is call the plays, but the momentum is uncontrollable. In today's game, we got off to a fast start, stopped the Raiders and drove down the field before Hillis fumbled away a touchdown.

If we're up 7-0 early, Oakland is devastated.

Ok, so we turned the ball over, they didn't score, we get the ball back and should have an opportunity to get on the board with a FG. MISSED.

If we're up 3-0, that knocks Oakland back again, and momentum could be changed.

Same story with the other missed FG. Shanny got us to a spot on the field where a FG SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE.

The Punt Return TD is NOT SHANNY's fault. There's no way you can possibly blame him for that. That's 7 points and a lot of momentum. Again, uncontrollable.

The fact that we are still in control of our destiny despite being absolutely killed by injuries is an indication of Shanahan's success as a coach.

We would be headed in the absolute wrong direction with a coaching change, whether the intolerant fans of this board would like to do so or not.
              well im not in favor of fireing shanny..but

who called this stupid inside handoff that resulted in the fumble...i've seen that ecact play run about 3-4 times today and several times more recently...with no results

whos teams come into multiple must win, should win, have no business getting beat by games and get our asses handed to us....three so far this season, if you count the miami game..isnt that coaching?

who made the call to hire slowick who has proven nothing but he can make a defense as bad as possible, instead of looking for a hot new coach?

whos kept obrians job safe despite haveing one of the worst sts for the past three seasons....how many game changing, momentum building tds have we given up in the past two seasons?

whos kept patterson as a dline coach...despite not being able to coach a sack or pressure a qb

shannys doing great just fielding a team this season, but sometimes craps gotta be flung back up the hill, instead of accepting it all rolls down
              sigpic
              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I agree don't fire Shanny. Fire the whole defense though and rebuild in the draft this year. People want to win now but realistically we aren't close to the Super Bowl yet. In two or three years we will be though.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                  well im not in favor of fireing shanny..but

who called this stupid inside handoff that resulted in the fumble...i've seen that ecact play run about 3-4 times today and several times more recently...with no results
                  Isn't it Bates that calls the plays on offense?
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
                    Isn't it Bates that calls the plays on offense?

isnt bates upstairs like kubes was?.shannies the one with the clip board on the side of the field, bates may tell him what he see's from the top

regardless everything about this team, coaches, players, schemes, is ..shannys call
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Shanny needs to be fired. He is the problem. He is constantly being out coached by lesser coaches. His team always shows up ill prepared, they make terrible (if any) adjustments, He has made countless bad personal moves. It is time to stop blaming cordinators. Shanny is the guy that hires them. Shanny brought in all this injury proon players. This team needs some new blood. I hope that Shanny is shown the door, cause this team will never do anything with him as a coach....
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Psst
                        hey guys,

go broncos

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                          Psst
                          hey guys,

go broncos
                          True dat - but I find it difficult to cheer and "be happy" when we lack in so many areas from gaps in the offense, the defense, the special teams, and yes, game management.

If we finish at .500, make the playoffs and get our injured players back and hit something resembling a cohesive team-oriented unit that doesn't just show up for a paycheck, but rather to play with passion, then I will stop picking the play apart. Until then, I don't see the need to be overly cheerful when clearly the players and coaches can't get motivated to play/coach a full 60 minute game...

Comment

[QUOTE=japfaff;2433518]Shanny needs to be fired. He is the problem. He is constantly being out coached by lesser coaches. His team always shows up ill prepared, they make terrible (if any) adjustments, He has made countless bad personal moves. It is time to stop blaming cordinators. Shanny is the guy that hires them. Shanny brought in all this injury proon players. This team needs some new blood. I hope that Shanny is shown the door, cause this team will never do anything with him as a coach....[/QUOTE

Well Said!

Comment

Shanahan

I don't think that Shanahan should be fired yet. This is a young team. But there was NO EXCUSE for losing to the Raiders. Losing to this Raider team is like losing to Kansas State 20 years ago before Bill Snyder turned the program around. Today's loss was the type of game that I thought we were moving past. If people want to give the Raiders credit, that is wrong. They only have 2 wins. Teams like theirs don't deserve credit. They only win when the other team gives it to them.

Now, next year at this time, I think that we will have 8-10 wins and be cruising towards home field advantage. But, if this team is still playing like this, and it is more healthy then it is this year, with a defense that should be improved, then, at that time, I think that it will be within Bowlen's best interest to look at getting rid of Mike. But, not this year. Shanahan should get one more year to prove himself with a better, more experienced team.

Comment

Working...
                              X