No announcement yet.

You get paid to kick a ball...connect!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You get paid to kick a ball...connect!

Just pulled up kicker stats:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=REG

Elam is ranked #6
    Prater is ranked #18

I'll ask again, why did we get rid of Elam?

YOu get paid to kick a friggin' ball, and after 3 efforts you've connected on only 33% of your tries - time to actually dive this kid his walking papers.

Cutler's no better right now either

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

Jay is at #15 out of 32 teams...not exactly a stellar QB imho...

Comment

Any stat that puts Peyton Manning and Donovan Mac in the lower half of the league is based on bull****.

QB rating is not the most important stat.

Its just a stat people dwell on to make run first teams look like they have great QBs...
      sigpic
      In the 13 games Orton started, the Broncos scored touchdowns inside the red zone on 17 of 104 trips (one on a Tebow run). With Tebow as the starter, the Broncos scored touchdowns 6-of-8 times inside the 20.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
        Any stat that puts Peyton Manning and Donovan Mac in the lower half of the league is based on bull****.

QB rating is not the most important stat.

Its just a stat people dwell on to make run first teams look like they have great QBs...
        You're right - rating is over-rated, but picks aren't.

Cutler has the second most IN THE LEAGUE!!!!

He's not this fantastic QB that others claim he is, and the main point of this thread isn't Cutler - it's Prater...

Comment

Originally posted by The_fourth_amig View Post
          Just pulled up kicker stats:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=REG

Elam is ranked #6
          Prater is ranked #18

I'll ask again, why did we get rid of Elam?

YOu get paid to kick a friggin' ball, and after 3 efforts you've connected on only 33% of your tries - time to actually dive this kid his walking papers.
          Uhmmm.. no......

**and just to answer your question since you aren't up to date on what REALLy happens with the team to begin with. Elam couldn't kick off... meaning we had to have PUNTERS do the kicking off for him.... then they would kick off short.. thus leaving us at the BOTTOM of the NFL in starting postion for the opposing team. Then Elam wanted too much money, and turned down our offer to go play for Atlanta. That answer your question??? **
          Last edited by Ravage!!!; 11-23-2008, 08:53 PM.

Comment

You're right - rating is over-rated, but picks aren't.

Cutler has the second most IN THE LEAGUE!!!!

He's not this fantastic QB that others claim he is, and the main point of this thread isn't Cutler - it's Prater...
            We can't help if you aren't astute enough to see talent when its there. Cutler IS the Franchise QB we think he is.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
              Uhmmm.. no......
              Great comeback - did you pull his stats? Completely unimpressive as a kicker... (comparatively speaking). Ignoring that is just blind ignorance... is that what you are? Ignorant? How charming!

Comment

We can't help if you aren't astute enough to see talent when its there. Cutler IS the Franchise QB we think he is.....
                I have never doubted his athletic ability - I doubt his maturity and ability to read defenses...don't come back at me with "astute" claims when you don't know me from any other poster...

furthermore, as I stated once already - this thread is about Prater, not Cutler...that was a secondary post.

'nuff said.

Comment

Give the guy a break he isnt exactly a veteran.
                  sigpicR.I.P Darrent Williams and Damien Nash
                  GO BRONCOS

Comment

I have never doubted his athletic ability - I doubt his maturity and ability to read defenses...don't come back at me with "astute" claims when you don't know me from any other poster...

furthermore, as I stated once already - this thread is about Prater, not Cutler...that was a secondary post.

'nuff said.
                    You've already proved your knowledge with just the few posts you have made.... thats MORE than enough said....

Comment

What is your defination of a franchise QB? If it is just the starter for the franchise then I would agree with you. But I gotta say that through 30 games Jay is all stats and no substance.... He is no better at reading D's than he was when he took the field agianst the Seahawks. He has potential, but at this point he is a long way off from being what some of you think that he is
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Great comeback - did you pull his stats? Completely unimpressive as a kicker... (comparatively speaking). Ignoring that is just blind ignorance... is that what you are? Ignorant? How charming!
                        Like leading the league in touchbacks? Something we haven't done with Elam in years! Like leading the league in FG's 50 and out? He is perfect from beyond 50! He single footedly won the TB game by CONVINCING Shanahan to go for the FG after letting the clock expire and flipping fields.

Prater is young and GOOD. He is a GREAT replacement for Elam. Better than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                          What is your defination of a franchise QB? If it is just the starter for the franchise then I would agree with you. But I gotta say that through 30 games Jay is all stats and no substance.... He is no better at reading D's than he was when he took the field agianst the Seahawks. He has potential, but at this point he is a long way off from being what some of you think that he is
                          I completely disagree with you on that...... he's not a long ways' off at all.

Comment

Let's add the stat of XPM: he is 27 for 27!

Comment

Okay, okay...I over-stepped on the Cutler comment and would rather this thread look at Prater...not Cutler.

He may kick touchbacks, and Elam may have wanted too much money, but when your kicker doesn't connect on POINT PLAYS, that's when you reconsider his role with the organization.

Prove me wrong - show me how he's won or contributed to wins in putting points on the board...

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                              Let's add the stat of XPM: he is 27 for 27!
                              And XPM mean nothing - every teams kicker should be making those automatically - every kicker except for two in the league have made 100% of their XP's! I am talking about field goals. That's where your real kickers are separated from the "also rans"...
                              Last edited by The_fourth_amig; 11-23-2008, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X