Hillis is not our future RB, period!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillis is not our future RB, period!

For those of you who feel Hillis is our future at RB you guys are nuts. Why would you even want that? He is not a RB, he is a Keith Byers type a Cooley type. He is an H back. We need an electrifying RB. Not a guy who's best asset is he falls forward. Don't get me wrong we should develop packages for him, he brings a lot to the table and is one heck of a player. With that said he is not the answer we need. I would bet that Torain next yr. will be our RB. If he can't stay on the field then we draft a guy who can or pick up a free agent now that a lot of teams have two great backs we should be able to nab a great one out there. Look at SD they had LT & MT for a few yrs. Lets get a guy out there in FA if Torain doesn't stay healthy. I feel really positive that he got all his serious injuries out of the way in 1 yr. Torain the Train is our guy!
    sigpic
    "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
    Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

If our hopes are in Torain's basket then we are really in trouble!! Draft a real stud and stop fooling around!

Comment

I say go the FA route and stop fooling around. A guy that we know can play. Does anyone know who is available next yr? I would love to have DeAngelo Williams!
      sigpic
      Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Comment

Originally posted by bjohnson1969 View Post
        If our hopes are in Torain's basket then we are really in trouble!! Draft a real stud and stop fooling around!
        Thank you, Knowshon in 09!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
          Thank you, Knowshon in 09!!!
          OMG. I just got wet. I doubt he would fall in the 20's though. We would likely be picking in the 20's if he win our division.
          sigpic
          Great Job & thanks, WD!

Comment

Originally posted by 203KillinSpree View Post
            For those of you who feel Hillis is our future at RB you guys are nuts. Why would you even want that? He is not a RB, he is a Keith Byers type a Cooley type. He is an H back. We need an electrifying RB. Not a guy who's best asset is he falls forward. Don't get me wrong we should develop packages for him, he brings a lot to the table and is one heck of a player. With that said he is not the answer we need. I would bet that Torain next yr. will be our RB. If he can't stay on the field then we draft a guy who can or pick up a free agent now that a lot of teams have two great backs we should be able to nab a great one out there. Look at SD they had LT & MT for a few yrs. Lets get a guy out there in FA if Torain doesn't stay healthy. I feel really positive that he got all his serious injuries out of the way in 1 yr. Torain the Train is our guy!

I agree almost 100%. Just look at the teams winning games. They have a running game, something Denver lost when they traded away Portis.

Torain on the other hand better have gotten his injuries out of the way.

BTW im worried about the guy in Colorado this winter. I would hate for him to slip on one ice and brake his hip since he is so injury prone.

Comment

You guys are crazy. This man is a monster!!!! The man can do everything but bust one for 40 yards. Last time i checked you dont get a running back just because of that. He is a great blocker, great hands, reads the holes well, and he can break tackles. The man is a brick wall, 3 oakland defenders got hurt trying to tackle this man. I mean he did avg around 4.5 yac. Almost everytime its 3rd and short the man gets the yards needed. He has done everything we have told him to do and at a high level. Plus we dont even need to pick up anymore running backs this offseason. With Torain and Pittman coming back next season there is no need to draft a RB until the later part of the draft.

Comment

Considering Hillis has played TE, FB, HB, WR, PR, KR over the years at Arkansas and got several awards in high school as a HB I think he could be trained back into a good RB. As of right now I think he is a good compliment to any RB splitting carries. Bell or Young looking for the big gains with their speed/juking and Hillis for this bruising ability and he can block real well too. Though he has shown(and i knew he would be) he wasn't very good running in the shotgun where you need just speed and a good juke not a plow. Refined I think he would be an awesome addition to denver RBs but he is also still very versatile and has the heart

his stats arn't bad either

personally I would like to see him refined more because I think he as the potential but i know shanny will do what he knows is best and that good enough for me:salute!:

Comment

Javon Ringer

He runs a 4.3 40-yard dash and can bench press 400 lbs.

Plus he is the most durable Runningback EVER!!!!

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                    Javon Ringer

Can he really run a 4.3?

He didn't look that fast to me in the limited time I saw him this last weekend, but the weather might have had something to do with that too.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      Can he really run a 4.3?

He didn't look that fast to me in the limited time I saw him this last weekend, but the weather might have had something to do with that too.
                      Did you watch the game vs. Penn State too? Ringer makes stuff happen even without his o-line giving him any help He's amazing and yes he runs a 4.3

sigpic

Comment

Javon Ringer

and he doesn't fumble the ball either

sigpic

Comment

He's definately in the future somewhere in the backfield. I think we should get an explosive HB to compliment Hillis at FB. Can you imagine someone like a Portis, or AP following Hillis through holes? or the recieving threat we could have?

Imagine the firepower on passing downs.

Cutler could have on the field, at the same time, Marshall, Royal, Scheffler, Hillis, and (insert good recieving HB here). A good recieving FB is something we haven't had since Howard Griffith.

Once he learns his assignments, he could be great in all aspects of the FB position.

Comment

Javon Ringer

Javon Ringer would be nice, but so would Wells!

Comment

I say we sign Derick Ward in the off season he's a F/A!
                              sigpic
                              Great Job & thanks, WD!

Comment

Working...
                              X