X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    I KNOW that I made a mistake by not reading the last paragraph!! I admit I made a mistake...GET OVER IT!! The point of this thread is the change of dates for the Pro-Bowl, not my mistake!
    Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    GL47 made a mistake.
    What a n00b.
    Talk about getting owned.
    dude....not cool

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
    replied
    GL47 made a mistake.
    What a n00b.
    Talk about getting owned.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
    Comprehension and this user is a contradiction of terms.
    If your gonna talk crap about me, take me off your ignore list so I can at least defend myself stupid fool

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    I KNOW that I made a mistake by not reading the last paragraph!! I admit I made a mistake...GET OVER IT!! The point of this thread is the change of dates for the Pro-Bowl, not my mistake!

Leave a comment:

• BroncosRockdaRockies
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    uh read and comprehend.
    Comprehension and this user is a contradiction of terms.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post
    before you hit that "new thread" button we all know you love...

try....

reading the context of the articles you post

its a stupid ideal to move the pro bowl...not having the players from the superbowl teams in it make it even more unappealing
    the point of this thread was to highlight the fact that they'll move the pro-bowl, not my mistake

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    edit: GL, the last paragraph there says superbowl players won't play in the game. So they want us to watch a game of NOT all the best players in the league? Dumbest idea ever.
    I didn't read the last paragraph....:doh:........... my bad

Leave a comment:

• PowderAddict
    replied
    Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
    And preferably a little closer to the 12:00 hour.

Leave a comment:

• cadencesdad
    replied
    Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
    I can't see the pro bowl being moved. You seem to have the best idea by making it more interesting. Remember its AFC vs. NFC and I am AFC all the way if broncos dont go I always root for the AFC. So how about the winning conference get more all home games vs. Non conferance teams or something better or more practical.
    Ya, I know it's AFC vs NFC. For some reason I've always said division when I should say conference. My bad.

I like your idea as well. All they have to do is put something at stake, and it would be more appealing to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...l-on-the-move/

The NFL wants to make the Pro Bowl relevant, and it has a surprising way of doing it: Move it to the week before the Super Bowl.

Peter King of SI.com reports that this will probably be the last season that the Pro Bowl is played the week after the Super Bowl.

Per King, the league likely will announce the moving of the game to the weekend before the Super Bowl, either on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday night, and make the Pro Bowl part of the week of hype leading up to the Super Bowl. The Pro Bowl will also most likely be played in the same stadium as the Super Bowl most years, instead of in Honolulu.

That means that the 2010 Pro Bowl will be played on either January 30, January 31 or February 1 at Dolphins Stadium. It also means that no players from the two teams in the Super Bowl will play in the Pro Bowl, which means less star power for the league’s all-star game.

I don't like the idea, because what if a player that is playing in the SuperBowl gets injured during the Pro-Bowl??? Not a good idea IMO. Discuss
    uh read and comprehend.

Leave a comment:

• marcus_miller
    replied
    Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
    If they really want it to matter, hows-a-bout some blitzing? Or if they really want to make it interesting, maybe an 8th round of the draft for all the teams whos division wins?

There are alot of ways to make it more interesting without putting it so close to the superbowl, thus eliminating SB players from playing.

Goodell at his best.
    I can't see the pro bowl being moved. You seem to have the best idea by making it more interesting. Remember its AFC vs. NFC and I am AFC all the way if broncos dont go I always root for the AFC. So how about the winning conference get more all home games vs. Non conferance teams or something better or more practical.

Leave a comment:

• saltybuggah
    replied
    Originally posted by Plummer#16 View Post
    The idea of having the Pro-bowl before the Superbowl is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Both teams that make it to the Superbowl will most likely have players that made it to the Pro-bowl. If the Pro-bowl is played before the Superbowl all the players won't have the time to rest, become prepared and increase the chances of becoming injured. I do not agree with this idea at all.
    oh my....

well the ideal is...

the players from the two teams that make the superbowl WONT PLAY IN THE PRO BOWL...

its a stupid ideal cuz the players from the two teams in the superbowl miss out now on the pro bowl... nothing special but it does give players extra money for being voted into the pro bowl too...

Leave a comment:

• cadencesdad
    replied
    Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post
    before you hit that "new thread" button we all know you love...

try....

reading the context of the articles you post

its a stupid ideal to move the pro bowl...not having the players from the superbowl teams in it make it even more unappealing
    And preferably a little closer to the 12:00 hour.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Joe
    replied
    Way to make an irrelevant game even more irrelevant by removing players from the two best teams in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• Plummer#16
    replied
    The idea of having the Pro-bowl before the Superbowl is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Both teams that make it to the Superbowl will most likely have players that made it to the Pro-bowl. If the Pro-bowl is played before the Superbowl all the players won't have the time to rest, become prepared and increase the chances of becoming injured. I do not agree with this idea at all.
    Last edited by Plummer#16; 11-24-2008, 02:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X