Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Safety Search Continues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Reggie Theus View Post
    Eddie Royal's brother..
    Haha. In that case.....GET HIM!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by MileHighMagic15 View Post
      I'm not that impressed with that guy. That video just showed QB's throwing it right to the guy. But hey, what do I know.
      I'm not impressed either...I just never heard of him

      Originally posted by Reggie Theus View Post
      Eddie Royal's brother..
      cool.......


      sigpic


      FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



      :cool:

      Comment


      • #18
        I hate to piss in everyones hatorade, but Manuel has actually been one of Denver's better defensive players the past few weeks. There's more to playing safety than manning up thirty yards downfield.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
          I hate to piss in everyones hatorade, but Manuel has actually been one of Denver's better defensive players the past few weeks. There's more to playing safety than manning up thirty yards downfield.
          I agree. He isn't as bad as most fans make him out to be, but there is definitely better.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by MileHighMagic15 View Post
            I agree. He isn't as bad as most fans make him out to be, but there is definitely better.
            well he signed a 3 year contract...and since he's our best safet as of now he will most likely stick around next season


            sigpic


            FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



            :cool:

            Comment


            • #21
              we need to find that impact safety


              sigpic


              FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



              :cool:

              Comment


              • #22
                Dawan Landry is promising in Baltimore. He is a free agent at years end. Although Baltimore will more than likely keep him.

                Darren Sharper would be a great pickup IMO. He's still pretty productive, although he is 33 years old. He has had 9 int's in 2005, 4 in 2006, and 4 in 2007. Making the pro-bowl in 05 and 06.

                He would be a great addition, not only because of his production, but he could also mentor the young saftey we draft on day 1 in this years draft.:salute!:



                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
                  Dawan Landry is promising in Baltimore. He is a free agent at years end. Although Baltimore will more than likely keep him.

                  Darren Sharper would be a great pickup IMO. He's still pretty productive, although he is 33 years old. He has had 9 int's in 2005, 4 in 2006, and 4 in 2007. Making the pro-bowl in 05 and 06.

                  He would be a great addition, not only because of his production, but he could also mentor the young saftey we draft on day 1 in this years draft.:salute!:
                  But he landed himself on IR this year...I think because a neck injury. Sharper is just old....that didn't work out well with signing old Marlon McCree.

                  I think we HAVE to draft a Safety in the first couple of rounds...because free agents just aren't going to cut it...especially since there are no impact safety FA :salute!:


                  sigpic


                  FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                  :cool:

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                    But he landed himself on IR this year...I think because a neck injury. Sharper is just old....that didn't work out well with signing old Marlon McCree.

                    I think we HAVE to draft a Safety in the first couple of rounds...because free agents just aren't going to cut it...especially since there are no impact safety FA :salute!:
                    Uh......Thats why I said we need Sharper. To mentor the saftey we get on day 1 in the draft. Re-read my post.

                    We also need a veteran saftey. Old? yes. So is Rodney Harrison, Ty Law, and many other impact players. But we need one. Do you really want our day one draft pick saftey learning from Marquand Manuel?

                    This is why I am still upset about not picking up Eric Weddle last year. We had a chance to let Lynch mentor a future saftey for us, and we didn't take advantage of that.



                    Comment


                    • #25
                      There is 1 and he's young...

                      OJ Atogwe. He will be a FA and he's a playmaker.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Lynch, Abdullah, & Rogers cut but...

                        Do you really think those 3 safties are worst than the terrible that have had every chance in the world to prove they belong? I would take those three over this 3 any day of the year. That's crazy. Also, to say that Rogers didn't play as good as you thought he could. Wow. Did anyone see Lowry first start? People were making up excuses for him that he was just nervous because it was his first start when the DC called a great game even tho we lost as far as the DBs are concern. He put Lowery in position severals times to make plays and he just ran around like a chicken with his head cut off.

                        When did Rogers beat us? Shannon said he didn’t play well. I seen different. Whenever a rb got pass the 1st and 2nd level, he made the tackle which the Dline and LBs shouldn’t have let happen anyway. Lowry, McCree, and Manuel have taken bad angles or were too slow to catch rbs who broke for long gains all season. Then he cut Abdullah and brought in Lowry who hasn’t done anything at all to justify letting Hamza go.

                        The young safties would at least learn on the job, whether it’s Barrett, Rodgers, or like someone suggested Woodyard. These older guys have not got it right the whole season and they suppose to be veterans. Lowry was terrible his first start for the Broncos and he was a former starter then you cut a young prospect who didn’t make 1 terrible mistake and Shannon blamed him for not playing better? Shannon is a joke. He’ll prolly cut Barrett too after his first start and excuse him as just a lower round pick. He can't admit every safety you brought in this season were bust. I know Lynch was getting old but he knew and i know he could do better than anyone of these guys.

                        Just watch the game. Rogers stayed disciplined and covered the deep halves excellent even on the play that Bly was beat. He just didn't get there in time but Bly should have made the play. The same situation happen in the MNF game when the safety Joah Bullocks played deep and gave Jason David the free will to make plays underneath. Rogers is no Ed Reed but he is like the other safety the Ravens started Landry who is solid but not well known. Like Bethea in Indy, these other safties on teams with All Pro guys. Rogers play the deep halves very well and stays discipline so the other DBs could make plays even though all of them play 15 yards off. Deep half Safeties are needed so the Ed Reeds, Polumalus, Sanders, etc.can gamble underneath. Manuel is definitely not one of these guys and they have put Manuel in position to make so many plays that he never made so many times it's ridiculous and he flops. He was burned in the ATL game but luckily Roddy White dropped the pass. McFadden ate him up when he was suppose to have shown he was skilled on that one play.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Issues @ Safety Persist For Broncos

                          Does this say all you need to know about Denver's need at safety?

                          The team cut Roderick Rogers on Tuesday afternoon. Rogers made his first start of the season Sunday in a 31-10 loss to Oakland. He beat out Calvin Lowry, who was claimed off of waivers earlier this season.

                          After Rogers played poorly on Sunday, Denver coach Mike Shanahan said Monday that he was looking for someone to step up at the position. Rogers had his chance and now he is out.

                          The Broncos have had virtually no help from the safety position this season. Perhaps seventh-round pick Josh Barrett, just promoted from the practice squad Saturday, will get his chance.

                          Expect Denver to seriously consider USC safety Taylor Mays with its first-round pick next spring.


                          sigpic


                          FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                          :cool:

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            i still don't get why everyone complains about mcree. he was our only safety that could possible qualify as a starter on other teams. and i agree about abdullah. does anyone know where he is right now?
                            disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                              i still don't get why everyone complains about mcree. he was our only safety that could possible qualify as a starter on other teams. and i agree about abdullah. does anyone know where he is right now?
                              Abdullah is with Cleveland and hasn't been active since he's been there


                              sigpic


                              FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                              :cool:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X