Jay on loss "I'm OK with it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay on loss "I'm OK with it"

I was at Jay Cutler Live! last night at Old Chicago and Jay's response about the Raiders loss when asked by Vic Lombardi was that he was "OK with it" because the Chargers also lost. Too bad one of the fans in the audience didn't shout out "um, we're NOT OK with losing to the Raiders at home Jay!!" Don't know about you but that kind of Vandy "who cares" attitude from Jay is starting to wear a little thin.

Tha'ts not the type of "killer" attitude I want to see out of Jay. That disappoints me...
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

note to jay

DROP THE 21 YEAR OLD TUDE AND START ACTING LIKE A LEADER!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
        note to jay

DROP THE 21 YEAR OLD TUDE AND START ACTING LIKE A LEADER!!!!!!

and turn your hat around on the side line and act like a team leader

Comment

He played very poorly and did not show the will to win that we saw on week 1. Horrible throws and reads, ignored open receivers to insist on the deep balls... He was a loser in Vanderbilt but he can't be a loser here. I expected more from him in terms of attitude.
          sigpic

Comment

What was the context of it? Was he like...The team is still OK and can recover because SD lost?...or like It's cool if we lost out as long as SD does too?
            "Badger my a$$ it's probably Milhouse...."

Comment

Somebody needs to teach Mr. Cutler (and some "fans") that a loss to the faiders is NEVER "ok" EVER!! As a Bronco there is no bigger failure than to lose to the faiders in Denver! The kind of attitude that he has is quite common among younger players and FANS, oh well.. we got stomped by a pathetic faiders team.. but we are still in first place.. so no big whup.... NOT ACCEPTABLE - Compete 110% or not at all!!!

Comment

Wow. What an attitude to have Jay. You're ok with losing to a 2-8 team because a rival lost as well. Jay has all the physical tools but I really doubt that mentally he has what it takes to be consistently successful in this league.
                Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Maybe he forgot that wins for the rest of the season could have probably gotten us a first round bye and given us another week to get back any players not back from injuries yet.

You think that's what Kerry Collins said after their loss? They have 10 wins and he doesn't have this attitude about it.
                  sigpic
                  Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
                  Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
                  My Divisional Breakdown Thread

Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

Comment

I'd like to know what the context was of this.

I'm not wild about his attitude either, but I also don't think that this was the worst loss in the history of the franchise.

Young teams lose games. Happens every year. Tennessee lost a lot of games they shouldn't have last season. They're doing pretty well now.

The Jets, same thing.

What's Jay supposed to say? "I cried myself to sleep last night. Seriously. I coudn't believe we lost, and I'll never ever forgive myself. IN fact, I'm going to retire from football because of this loss." gimme a break.
                    In Manning I trust.

Comment

Look, those deep throws were most likely Shanny's call. He wanted to do what he did to Oakland in week 1. But it never worked and Shanny didn't bother to change the play call. That part was Shanny and the coaches fault.

Jay saying that he's okay with it, is okay with me. As long as he didn't say, oh well we lost. He's pretty much saying, sucks we lost, but we have to move on and look forward to our next game.

Comment

Not sure if it's his attitude or possibly poor choice of words. Kinda like the Elway comments, I don't think he ever really thought he was better than Elway, only that he might possess a little more arm strength. His choice of words has always surprised me a bit.

Either way, it's not the kind of thing you want printed in the media at this point of the season, especially this season. It's almost like he's settling for being mediocre. Not a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by karnage View Post
                          What was the context of it? Was he like...The team is still OK and can recover because SD lost?...or like It's cool if we lost out as long as SD does too?
                          Yea...
                          I'm gonna need some documentation on this quote... I don't think anyone would so cavalier as to say on TV or in a public place that he doesn't care about a loss and "He's OK with it..."
                          Just because the OP heard something like that doesn't make it gospal. I'll need to hear or read the entire discussion before I make any rash judgements...

I'm not saying I agree with Jay's attitude sometimes, and I've said as much, but I'm not jumping on something like this to bring judgement on him.
                          Bronco Fan For A Long, LONG Time!!! :salute!:
                          How many of *YOU* saw them play at Bears Stadium???

"We got 'em right where we want 'em" - Keith Bishop

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
                            I'd like to know what the context was of this.

I'm not wild about his attitude either, but I also don't think that this was the worst loss in the history of the franchise.

Young teams lose games. Happens every year. Tennessee lost a lot of games they shouldn't have last season. They're doing pretty well now.

The Jets, same thing.

What's Jay supposed to say? "I cried myself to sleep last night. Seriously. I coudn't believe we lost, and I'll never ever forgive myself. IN fact, I'm going to retire from football because of this loss." gimme a break.
                            You're the worst fan. You critisize every poster that doesn't agree with you. Why do you read threads that you already know what you're going to post before hand? It's one thing to stick up for the team and it's another to suck their #$^@

Comment

Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                              You're the worst fan. You critisize every poster that doesn't agree with you. Why do you read threads that you already know what you're going to post before hand? It's one thing to stick up for the team and it's another to suck their #$^@
                              I'm the "worst fan"??? Really?? Worse than fans who say they want to fire the entire coaching staff when we're in first place? Worse than that?

Man, that's crazy awful.

EVERYONE criticizes EVERYONE on this board. Deal with it.
                              In Manning I trust.

Comment

Working...
                              X