Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos release safety Rogers to clear spot for fullback

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...spot-fullback/

The Broncos waived safety Roderick Rogers Tuesday clearing the roster spot needed to sign veteran fullback Andrew Pinnock.

As of the close of the business day at the league offices in New York the Broncos had not reported the signing Tuesday afternoon, but Pinnock was scheduled to receive a physical to check his surgically repaired knee. It was the second physical the Broncos had given Pinnock in recent weeks and they also worked him out earlier this month.

He had microfracture surgery in February and was released by the San Diego Chargers at the end of training camp. Rogers had made his first career start in Sunday's 31-10 loss to the Raiders. Monday Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said Rogers, who was the third player in the last five games to start at free safety, "did not play as good as I hoped he would.''

Shanahan said Monday he was still looking for someone to fill his job description at the position.

"Just a difference maker, a difference maker at the safety position. Support the run, also cover the pass. Those guys are hard to find. We'll keep on giving people opportunities until one of them steps up and takes advantage.''

Shanahan said Marlon McCree, who will likely be the starter when he's ready to play, is still a couple weeks away from returning from his left ankle injury. He has not practiced since suffering the injury late in the Nov. 2 loss to the Dolphins.
    " A kickers success is dependent upon his teams failure"...by SorryAss ChargerFans

Ouch... Poor Roderick. I'll still support him no matter what.

Kinda wack to get the axe after one game...

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post

He'll probably stick around like Chad Mustard, I would think, if he's not PS eligible.

Only on a defense this poor could you go from starting your first game ever to being released in the span of a week.......

Comment

Well... cannot afford to go with a kid with zero experience... not with Favre coming... SO, go with Lowry... He wont make a tackle, but maybe he'll step up and pick something off.

AND...

Mr. Josh Barrett... come on down.

Comment

Monday Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said Rogers, who was the third player in the last five games to start at free safety, "did not play as good as I hoped he would.''

Shanahan said Monday he was still looking for someone to fill his job description at the position.
          Josh Barrett
          :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post

Shanahan said that Roderick didn't play well as a starter but i dunno...I guess he'll land right back on the practice squad :salute!:

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
              Well... cannot afford to go with a kid with zero experience... not with Favre coming... SO, go with Lowry... He wont make a tackle, but maybe he'll step up and pick something off.

AND...

Mr. Josh Barrett... come on down.
              Isn't Josh Barrett a kid with zero experience
              Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

He got his shot and didn't step up. He had his chance. Funny thing though is that I can point out at least one safety we've had playing worse than him all year long and he's still starting.
                Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
                  What I meant was that he's up next... after Lowry blows his chance... Barrett will most likely be starting NEXT week, at home against KC (we need someone to stop LJ).

SO... Lowry will play this week... Look bad... Barrett up next week.

JB is on deck.

Comment

Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
                    funny that the poster contradicted himself..........nice catch :salute!:

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                      funny that the poster contradicted himself..........nice catch :salute!:

I did not contradict myself. HENCE, the usage of the conjunction (AND)...

KIDS... must we go teach reading comprehension?

I made a statement... used a conjunction... made another statement.

Simple as that. Simple logic.

We need to go with experience (pass coverage skills) against Favre...

AND....

Josh Barrett... PRICE IS RIGHT EXPRESSION... get ready.. your on-deck.

Comment

I did not contradict myself. HENCE, the usage of the conjunction (AND)...

KIDS... must we go teach reading comprehension?

I made a statement... used a conjunction... made another statement.

Simple as that. Simple logic.

We need to go with experience (pass coverage skills) against Favre...

AND....

Josh Barrett... PRICE IS RIGHT EXPRESSION... get ready.. your on-deck.
                        Most of us knew what you meant when you said this: "... cannot afford to go with a kid with zero experience... not with Favre coming... SO, go with Lowry".......

Comment

You know...I LOVE the Clady pick. LOVE it.

But still...I wanted Kenny Phillips SO badly.
                          sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                            Most of us knew what you meant when you said this: "... cannot afford to go with a kid with zero experience... not with Favre coming... SO, go with Lowry".......
                            Thank you!

Seems obvious. Lowry gets the call this week... Barrett is on-call... Could use him, for his tackling talents, the following week against KC.

I LOVE IT. Let the guys know where they stand. YOUR JOB IS ON THE LINE EACH SUNDAY. Get it or you'll be sent packing. Maybe this brings out the best in Lowry.

Comment

Thank you!

Seems obvious. Lowry gets the call this week... Barrett is on-call... Could use him, for his tackling talents, the following week against KC.

I LOVE IT. Let the guys know where they stand. YOUR JOB IS ON THE LINE EACH SUNDAY. Get it or you'll be sent packing. Maybe this brings out the best in Lowry.
                              Cvnorton is an intelligent poster, I think he was just eager to make a point, the same cannot be said for the other one.......

Comment

Working...
                              X